• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

dgul

Bye bye Treason May?

When will Theresa May not be PM?  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. When will Theresa May be gone from Number 10?

• By this time next week!
    • Before the end of this year
    • Before the end of 2019
    • Before the end of 2020
    • After 2021 :(

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Leader? What leading has she done?

If they do replace her, it's going to be that Sajid bloke IMO.

I suspect he wouldn't be such a pussy with the Eurocrats, that's about the only positive thing I can say. But even that's not nailed on, the Tories are hopelessly split on Europe and without a big majority anyone will be bullied by the factions.

I actually heard it first from a May supporter -- they'd got to the 'pretty much fed up with her lack of leadership and decision making' stage a while ago, and were now at the 'time has come' stage.

Had it 'confirmed' independently from someone who knows someone seniorish on the Brexit side.

Not set in stone yet, apparently, but close.

meh.  Whatever.  Meet the new PM, same as the old PM. 

The policies of all three main political parties are the same, neo liberal, free market, open borders crap.  

If anyone thinks that a new leader will make a difference, they are sadly deluded.  We have been running ever faster down the same road since thatcher.  

Who votes? MPs isn't it?

Grass woots would surely pick Mogg, bet the MPs go Javid.

The Wollastons and the Greenings.

What a fucking state we are in. That should have been the title of Will Huttons book. :wanker:

I bought that 20 years ago. Never gonna read it. never gonna read it.

Edited by shindigger

Just now, dgul said:

I actually heard it first from a May supporter -- they'd got to the 'pretty much fed up with her lack of leadership and decision making' stage a while ago, and were now at the 'time has come' stage.

Had it 'confirmed' independently from someone who knows someone seniorish on the Brexit side.

Not set in stone yet, apparently, but close.

Ok, checking bookies prices now!

1 minute ago, One percent said:

meh.  Whatever.  Meet the new PM, same as the old PM. 

The policies of all three main political parties are the same, neo liberal, free market, open borders crap.  

If anyone thinks that a new leader will make a difference, they are sadly deluded.  We have been running ever faster down the same road since thatcher.  

Well, yes, but TM has been spectacularly dire.

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Any particular reason Jackie?

I'm not disputing it but as I don't pay much attention to politicians I know little about him.

He lied during the Brexit campaign that Treason May was a Brexiteer.

Piss poor negotiator with the EU

and watch him squirm here when grilled by the Mogg

12 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Davis is a snake

Yes he comes across as having Robert Kilroy Silk-style vanity but with even less intellect and a dollop of fake integrity. 

That said, as I discussed with Spunko the other day, there's no point looking for a lion in a pit of snakes. The most competent snake is the only choice for now.

Just now, One percent said:

I challenge you to name one that has been a success  xD

There have been plenty of PMs that have had ideals and have made decisions based on them.  Churchill, Attlee, Thatcher, etc*.   Just we've not had one for a while now.

[*sure, many will regard some strong leaders as having destroyed the country -- but that comes with the territory in politics.  The point is that they were strong leaders that made decisions based on their political ideology.]

52 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If I was in the UK, i would put a tenner on Steptoe to win the next election.  The Tories are fucked.

God help us if he does. The day he wins is the day I move my savings out of sterling.

Edited by JoeDavola

11 minutes ago, dgul said:

There have been plenty of PMs that have had ideals and have made decisions based on them.  Churchill, Attlee, Thatcher, etc*.   Just we've not had one for a while now.

[*sure, many will regard some strong leaders as having destroyed the country -- but that comes with the territory in politics.  The point is that they were strong leaders that made decisions based on their political ideology.]

As you say though, you are going back quite a while.  Those we have had more recently (Bliar onward) are shills of the powerful elite. They have been bought, I'm convinced of it

1 minute ago, One percent said:

As you say though, you are going back quite a while.  Those we have had more recently (Bliar onward) are shills of the powerful elite. They have been bought, I'm convinced of it

We need a politician price crash and then we can buy a couple :)

1 minute ago, Cosmic Apple said:

We need a politician price crash and then we can buy a couple :)

bugger out of reps.....

We just need the whole lot turfing out and fresh blood, drawn from ordinary people who refuse to be bought.  I think they need to go fishing in the dosbods pool for new talent  :)