• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

dgul

Bye bye Treason May?

When will Theresa May not be PM?  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. When will Theresa May be gone from Number 10?

• By this time next week!
    • Before the end of this year
    • Before the end of 2019
    • Before the end of 2020
    • After 2021 :(

26 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Who votes? MPs isn't it?

Grass woots would surely pick Mogg, bet the MPs go Javid.

The Wollastons and the Greenings.

What a fucking state we are in. That should have been the title of Will Huttons book. :wanker:

I bought that 20 years ago. Never gonna read it. never gonna read it.

MP's pick two candidates, then the whole party vote to pick who's going to be the leader. So MP's can try for a stitch up by putting forward who they want and a donkey, but their grassroots would go nuts.

As it stands I can't see them having a leadership election that doesn't put in Rees-Mogg. It's what the grassroots want, and they get the final say.

4 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Mogg says he doesn't want it as hes too busy with the six kids....

No, Mogg said that he wouldn't back stab May to get it and wouldn't be voted in anyway.

22 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

God help us if he does. The day he wins is the day I move my savings out of sterling.

That'd be about a day late.

1 minute ago, Goat said:

Possible I suppose, but wouldn't anyone putting their name forward in those circumstances be lynched.

Also the plausible candidates are pro-Brexit so why would they want to start throwing spanners around?

Don't the party members only get to vote on the final two? So they only need two Remain MPs to fix the vote (one if another Leadsom situation is engineered). 

2 minutes ago, This Time said:

No, Mogg said that he wouldn't back stab May to get it and wouldn't be voted in anyway.

That'd be about a day late.

@ 25 seconds "I've got six children. It would very very difficult s a family man"

He does have nanny for difficulties like these ;)

10 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Mogg says he doesn't want it as hes too busy with the six kids....

I'm sure that he could reluctantly bring himself to take the role, if he was asked.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

xD

4 minutes ago, JackieO said:

@ 25 seconds "I've got six children. It would very very difficult s a family man"

I don't know a great deal about Mogg's nanny but there is every chance she would do a better job than May

6 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Ah, I'm heartened by the fact that he can't get his reasons straight.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

I don't know a great deal about Mogg's nanny but there is every chance she would do a better job than May

She was his nanny when he was a kid so she must be fairly competent.

6 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I'm sure that he could reluctantly bring himself to take the role, if he was asked.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

xD

Everyone I know who went to Eton has exactly the same mannerisms and the ability to be charming and talk very pleasantly without saying anything, which is a key to success - don't offend anyone and keep your thoughts to yourself*.

It is a school that produces incredible clones.

*I didn't go to Eton

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Everyone I know who went to Eton has exactly the same mannerisms and the ability to be charming and talk very pleasantly without saying anything, which is a key to success - don't offend anyone and keep your thoughts to yourself*.

*I didn't go to Eton

You are David camoron and I claim my five pounds. xD

9 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

*I didn't go to Eton

I can only think of one person I know who went to Eton but he does remind me a lot of David Cameron.

My guess is Sajid Javid. He's a Muslim (albeit a sort of low key nominal Anglican type of Muslim) so that will please the Saudis. He is a Bammy so that's one in the eye for Labour and might help the Tories get some bammy votes. He's wobbly on Brexit and has supported both Remain and Leave in the past, so that will please everybody and nobody. 

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

My guess is Sajid Javid. He's a Muslim (albeit a sort of low key nominal Anglican type of Muslim) so that will please the Saudis. He is a Bammy so that's one in the eye for Labour and might help the Tories get some bammy votes. He's wobbly on Brexit and has supported both Remain and Leave in the past, so that will please everybody and nobody. 

Yep it'll be the brarn un, I should think... (if it happens at all, it strikes me that you'd have to be nuts to want the job at the moment)

8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yup.  And to not vote for him would be racist.  A shoe-in.

Autists are great for lots of things but the social naivete/lack of cognitive empathy/not being able to read peoples motives would make them poor leaders.

Trump in contrast is an absolute master socially, it's a joy to behold how he plays people.

Edited by JackieO

2 hours ago, dgul said:

Gove leading at 3/1, Mogg at 10/3.

I think Gove’s biggest problem is his wife the very opionated DM columnist Sarah Vine.  She embarasses her teenage kids on a weekly basis and him too.  I have no doubt she was behind his post Brexit vote meltdown when he knifed Boris.

i used to teach politics years ago and throughout history the favourites never win and someone slightly obscure gets the leadership.