• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Kate Spade BBC

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Kate Spade: Fashion designer found dead in New York home

Why is she headline news on the So-Called BBC?

Did Mick Jagger shag her? I jest!

I’ve never heard of her and while I’m sorry that she’s dead and the grief of any family/friends it’s just not news.

The problem with supplying 24/7 news is that the So-Called BBC and others are filling it with shite. 

Of course any major channel could at any time choose to bring investigative and unbiased reporting back to the forefront of news.

Will any of them have the guts? IMO, only if they are really on their knees facing annihilation and need to make money to survive in the world!

I live in hope that it will happen.

Daughter #1 had heard of her, and has something designed by her -- I guess they've got to cover all (most) tastes.  (on the flip side, if Mick Jagger died Daughter #1 would say 'Who?')

I commented to Mr Dipsy that she appeared more important to R4 than Iran's nuclear enrichment programme in the running order of the news. He said he reckoned one of the producers had one of her bags. I've never heard of her.

Genuinely surprised when this popped up on my phone as 'breaking news'.

Not because I knew of her or anything, but more puzzled that a fashion designer can command this level of newsworthiness. I'm sorry she's dead but she wasn't Florence fucking Nightingale.

I assumed that she must have designed a royal wedding dress or something to make the news. Never heard of her.

Ah, her ex husbands' brother is David Spade - an American comedian who has made loads of dosh from situation comedy shows. A man who allegedly has dated more Hollywood types than.... well, claims that he has, allegedly, had loads.

It is a luvvie news story.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

But your both girls.

Handbags!

Id not heard of her either.

Id guess bbc is stuffed full of wimmin under 30 who, when not writing about how wimmin are kept down by men, thdn go and spent all their wage on a handbag.

Post of the day, post of the day

Post of the day!

To be sung to the Blankety Blank theme tune.

14 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Did Mick Jagger shag her? I jest!

I’ve never heard of her and while I’m sorry that she’s dead and the grief of any family/friends it’s just not news.

The problem with supplying 24/7 news is that the So-Called BBC and others are filling it with shite. 

Of course any major channel could at any time choose to bring investigative and unbiased reporting back to the forefront of news.

Will any of them have the guts? IMO, only if they are really on their knees facing annihilation and need to make money to survive in the world!

I live in hope that it will happen.

They show themselves with such reportage.

Edited by shindigger

For those of you wondering why they report this, you ask the wrong question. 

Instead, ask what is really newsworthy today that they are trying to bury (have not a clue myself but this is what it smacks of) 

I read The Sun, The Star and The Mirror for free in the works' canteen every day - and I still have no fucking idea who Kate bastard Spade is...!

At least if it was one of them plug-ugly, fat-arsed Cardassians off Star Trek, then I'd know who the fuck they are wittering on about...

XYY

15 minutes ago, spygirl said:

But your both girls.

Handbags!

Id guess bbc is stuffed full of wimmin under 30 who, when not writing about how wimmin are kept down by men, thdn go and spent all their wage on a handbag.

Ding. Ding.

We have a winner.

Check out who writes a lot of the shite the So-Called BBC passes off as news and you will see it is written by and for a tiny demographic.

18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Cutting insights like this is the reason I come here.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, gibbon said:

Cutting insights like this is the reason I come here.

Is he droning on about yellow wellies and cowes again?  :)

Actually scratch that, I thought I was making a clever joke but you said cutting. I read it as cunning. 

Apols. o.O

Edited by One percent

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is he droning on about yellow wellies and cowes again?  :)

Actually scratch that, I thought I was making a clever joke but you said cutting. I read it as cunning. 

Apols. o.O

Not accepted. You are close to being ignored. 

But then I would miss 70% of forum posts.

Posted (edited)

I remember BBC News treating the death of Eric Hobsbawm (who?) as if it were the death of a much-loved national treasure, lots of smiles as his life is remembered, the assumption that we all know who he is, etc

Hobsbawm (who?) was a hard-line communist academic at Birkbeck College who suggested that millions of people killed in the name of communism was a price worth paying.

Edited by Panther

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Genuinely surprised when this popped up on my phone as 'breaking news'.

Not because I knew of her or anything, but more puzzled that a fashion designer can command this level of newsworthiness. I'm sorry she's dead but she wasn't Florence fucking Nightingale.

Who?