• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

bin washing

22 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

The bin washer man has just washed out the neighbour's bins. So where does all the dirty water go and bits of rubbish go? On to the road. Fabulous.

Bin washing... whats the point unless its an internal bin. It smells... so what, get your fucking head out and close the lid. Problem solved.

8 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Ooh, get her. Lives in one of those posh areas that has bin washer men. Never heard of those before xD

No, it's double get her:

Not only does Sarah have a bin washer man

She has, by clear implication, a wheelie bin which said bin washer man washes

Ooh, get her!

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Bin washing... whats the point unless its an internal bin. It smells... so what, get your fucking head out and close the lid. Problem solved.

We're encouraged to put food waste in one of ours, we don't do that, the thought of loose food rotting in a wheelie bin for 2 weeks before collection is repulsive.

The neighbours being more civically minded, do put their food waste in their wheelie bin. It's now a maggot infested no go zone. Said neighbors have now spoken of signing up for a bin washing service, £5 a month apparently.

3 minutes ago, snagger said:

We're encouraged to put food waste in one of ours, we don't do that, the thought of loose food rotting in a wheelie bin for 2 weeks before collection is repulsive.

The neighbours being more civically minded, do put their food waste in their wheelie bin. It's now a maggot infested no go zone. Said neighbors have now spoken of signing up for a bin washing service, £5 a month apparently.

I assume you've been putting your food in the neighbors bin instead of yours? :)

I put liners in mine in winter when the rabbit cage waste goes in it, not because of the smell but because the sawdust sticks in the bottom. Perhaps use those? Much cheaper than washing.

4 minutes ago, snagger said:

That's where my (Cornwall) Council is going.  Personally I rarely waste food (I'm buying for me and so buying what I like and can plan it) and peelings go on the compost heap but I think they're ignoring the common reality of families crammed into small terraces or flats creating rubbish for four or five and having decent amounts of food waste as happens when you have children.

So in high summer with nowhere outside to put their bins they're meant to have a rotting binful of food waste making their home stink like a landfill site?  Nice one Council; bet they all live in nice detached houses.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

I assume you've been putting your food in the neighbors bin instead of yours? :)

I put liners in mine in winter when the rabbit cage waste goes in it, not because of the smell but because the sawdust sticks in the bottom. Perhaps use those? Much cheaper than washing.

our food waste goes in a bin bag then goes in the general waste wheelie bin.

Bags are not allowed in the "green bin".

Edited by snagger

1 minute ago, snagger said:

our food waste goes in a bin bag then goes in the general waste wheelie bin.

Bags are not allowed in the "green bin".

Ah gotcha! We don't get a garden waste/organics bin, got to pay for that! We get little brown ones just for food.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ooh, get her!

We dream of having rubbish to throw in a bin. And our bin, of course, is put to better use as a bedroom.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Ah gotcha! We don't get a garden waste/organics bin, got to pay for that! We get little brown ones just for food.

They keep changing the rules, until recent the green bin was cardboard, untreated wood, garden waste, vegetables.

Now it's garden waste and all food. No cardboard or packaging permitted. A Chicken carcass sitting on grass cuttings is not a pleasant sight after a few days at this time of year.

Edited by snagger

1 hour ago, Cosmic Apple said:

I've been meaning to start a thread about pet rabbits. How many rabbitists in da house?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

My bin gets really rank, loads of fish guts, crab and lobster shells etc and after two weeks even the maggots try to crawl out.

I live in a small development of 6 cottages, all rented.  Most turn over frequently as they are so basic, but I've stuck it for a few decades.

A while ago the GF got quite agitated and called me to the kitchen window. A neighbour was in a full hamzat suit pressure washing our bin.

You see the bin men had got the bins mixed up and given them mine and vice versa.

I already knew this and had been waiting to see what would transpire xD

GF "you must go out and apologise". I said, "what's the point, he must be nearly finished", and unfortunately, I was too busy seeing the funny side .

Anyway, two weeks later a big white vinyl house number appeared on their (my) bin. Clearly they didn't want another mix up.

For shits and giggles I bought the same number and stuck it on my bin, after all it was theirs. Does that make me a bad person?

(nobody speaks to me around here, which is fine)

Edited by Hopeful

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, it's double get her:

Not only does Sarah have a bin washer man

She has, by clear implication, a wheelie bin which said bin washer man washes

Ooh, get her!

My neighbour(s) have a bin washer. I am too tight to pay anyone to wash a bin for me.
Half a cup of washing powder in the bottom if it stinks ever - but generally it doesn't as food waste (what there is) goes in another bin.

4 hours ago, Hopeful said:

(nobody speaks to me around here, which is fine)

I think you'd be fun as a neighbour! 

6 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Our small food waste bin disappeared. So I used the very small one and that disappeared.
So now the last bit of food waste got put in the big green bin and two weeks later it's still not been put out. Don't care. 

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I think you'd be fun as a neighbour! 

Yes especially if prepared to share the lobsters!

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I have lost track of what 'lobster' means this week.

Is it a euphemism?

God, I hope not.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I have lost track of what 'lobster' means this week.

Is it a euphemism?

Only in a very bad world.

Edited by sarahbell

I just dump a bucket full of water in mine before I put it out at night. It tends to keep it clear of most of the bits and bobs that get stuck.

I have seen a man with a mobile bin washing service. He's converted a van to have some sort of on board spraying device.

---

You can wash the wheelie bins yourself?

You need hot water, a mop, a bucket, and bleach. Whirl round with the mop. Pour water down the drain.

Leave bin open on side on the ground for it to dry. It is easier if you have a front garden and space to this of course.

ah

eco-Wheeliebin-Adam-bin-washing.jpg

also

17499005_1340118206027267_18515993023085