• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Those nice hidden places near you where the uncultured masses don't go.

For those of us who appreciate the hiddens gems of our local environment get you phone out and try your best to do them justice.

Sunlight trickling through the trees on the way back from wednesdays ride this evening.

59138197b83f5_20170510_1941082.thumb.jpg.15a9a257f00b56dddfa7b7e3f8d418cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

For those of us who appreciate the hiddens gems of our local environment get you phone out and try your best to do them justice.

Sunlight trickling through the trees on the way back from wednesdays ride this evening.

59138197b83f5_20170510_1941082.thumb.jpg.15a9a257f00b56dddfa7b7e3f8d418cc.jpg

Yeah, we get a load of fly tipping round my way as well.

7 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Those trees look posessed......

Great aren't they.  From the days when the good folk of London coppiced wood from the forest.  It really was used not that long ago.  Now its infested with MAMILs pissing everyone off. xD

7 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I thought Warrington was a post-industrial shit hole in the banks of the River Mersey. Where the fuck is that!

It is,  but I didn't want to feel left out.

Here's the same picture before I touched it up in photo-shop with a Brazilian beach filter:

952605.jpg

Two country parks not far from me.
One empty almost - used but not by the masses.
Another heaving with people wanting an ice cream from a cafe.

Stick a cafe at the first one and it'd be much busier. 

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Two country parks not far from me.
One empty almost - used but not by the masses.
Another heaving with people wanting an ice cream from a cafe.

Stick a cafe at the first one and it'd be much busier. 

That like the top of Snowdon. Absolutely horrible.

Climbed up there once, never again.

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

It is,  but I didn't want to feel left out.

Here's the same picture before I touched it up in photo-shop with a Brazilian beach filter:

952605.jpg

Is that off Loushers Lane, theres only a couple of bits of town that flood line that.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

That like the top of Snowdon. Absolutely horrible.

Climbed up there once, never again.

Always do Snowdon on the spur of the moment with clear blue skies set in for 48 hrs. Never set a date.

Don't like getting wet and blown off at the top.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Always do Snowdon on the spur of the moment with clear blue skies set in for 48 hrs. Never set a date.

Bloody hell - you can get that at the top of Snowdon?

Where's me hiking boots?

43 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

It wasn't really the weather, more the fuckwits. We went up via Grib Goch and were stuck behind a couple, half way along with their seriously inappropriately young kids who were clearly terrified. Took an hour to cajole them across.

The guy I was with gave the adults a few pointers when we were over which started and ended with "You pair of fucking idiots".

Once we got to the top it was rammed with people who'd come up on the train. There were people dropping their keks for a 'comedy' summit pic. Kids screaming and everyone jostling for position. All of this was watched over balefully by a group of chavs in tracksuits who were drinking strongbow from a crate that they were sitting on.

It was shit.

To top it all off, on the way down (which was like a crowded three lane motorway) some trail-runner literally barged me off the path as he belted past, obviously trying to beat his PB in being a total cunt.

Never again.

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It wasn't really the weather, more the fuckwits. We went up via Grib Goch and were stuck behind a couple, half way along with their seriously inappropriately young kids who were clearly terrified. Took an hour to cajole them across.

The guy I was with gave the adults a few pointers when we were over which started and ended with "You pair of fucking idiots".

Once we got to the top it was rammed with people who'd come up on the train. There were people dropping their keks for a 'comedy' summit pic. Kids screaming and everyone jostling for position. All of this was watched over balefully by a group of chavs in tracksuits who were drinking strongbow from a crate that they were sitting on.

It was shit.

To top it all off, on the way down (which was like a crowded three lane motorway) some trail-runner literally barged me off the path as he belted past, obviously trying to beat his PB in being a total cunt.

Never again.

I went up in June and it was relatively quiet, ascended from Llanberis in 2 hours must have seen about 2 doz people on way up and quite civilised at the top. Webt into Llanberis after for something at Pete's Eats and it was deserted.

40 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It was shit.

Never again.

I love your descriptions, they are pure poetry, so funny :)