• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Crying on a bus...

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

I wanted her covered up so they couldn't  gorp at her in that way.

I know what you mean :PissedOff:

My daughter was still in her primary school uniform when it started :PissedOff:

7 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

I know what you mean :PissedOff:

My daughter was still in her primary school uniform when it started :PissedOff:

Shit. Is this really what I have to look forward to? I've never noticed this happening, but then why would I? Is it really a thing?

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think many of us feel the same. Cheer up - if that rock falls into the ocean you won't even know about it but the rest of us will have a few hours to contemplate our end... or get to Snowdon.

we've got 7-9 hours and i have the IOW as a break 

4 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Shit. Is this really what I have to look forward to? I've never noticed this happening, but then why would I? Is it really a thing?

I'm afraid so, very prevalent behaviour in my experience.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

He said 'i am white, male and middle class. We are the most downtrodden sector of society today'.

Mrs Plan asked him if that was what he really thought. He replied that it was what ALL his friends believed. And they are angry.

Do they blame their parents for letting them believe that they are special because they are middle class, or are they angry because they were led to believe that they were middle class?

Genuine question and not taking the piss.

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Good question.

We have never discussed class. I am most definitely working class. I guess they define middle class as neither very wealthy nor on benefits. 

They are kicking back about all the rules that seem to favour absolutely everyone except themselves.

I don't believe they think they are special. But they would like to be equal.

Society has never been equal. It has been less unequal in the past but privilege has always been hereditary.

1 minute ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Society has never been equal. It has been less unequal in the past but privilege has always been hereditary.

That I can live with.

But what we have now is completely different. 

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

So we're holidaying on an ethnically homogeneous Christian island in the Atlantic.

Very Clean, very polite, very relaxed and very safe.

Today we got a bus. Normally I don't get buses in the UK, not safe you see.

I then became choked up and started welling up, because this safe relaxed trip on a bus is something that is not normal in England.

I explained to J and our daughter why I got upset. To which she replied that daddy always sat near the exit on buses in England.

Furthermore coming out here going through Manchester airport I asked my daughter to put leggings and a baggy top on.

Normally in good weather she likes to wear shorts. She's only 10 but she is already leggy and tall for her age easily looking 12 or 13.

The airport has a high % of ROPers both working their and passing through. I wanted her covered up so they couldn't  gorp at her in that way. :(

Her dad felt the same way too. :(

The England of my childhood has gone. I used to play out down the ave playing for hours, my mum and dad never worried.

I don't want to live in blighty anymore.

Sorry for the ramble :/

I know....

I have felt it too, we have been frogs boiling, and it takes a trip somewhere to show us how the water was before they started turning the heat up. I felt more of less the same last December, as described in this post from then :

It is ours, and we must get it back, we need to and we will.

52 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

My youngest was chatting with my wife today on a long car journey.

He said 'i am white, male and middle class. We are the most downtrodden sector of society today'.

Mrs Plan asked him if that was what he really thought. He replied that it was what ALL his friends believed. And they are angry.

Things will change. Have hope.

Ive seen that in younger types when interviewed on TV. Some of them must have a hell of a time with all the lefty fucktard teachers we have now.

11 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Ive seen that in younger types when interviewed on TV. Some of them must have a hell of a time with all the lefty fucktard teachers we have now.

Not really. They seem to enjoy the challenge of winding them up.

As I said, things are changing.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, shindigger said:

I am aware of a long list of incidents when my daughter has been disadvantaged at school for not toeing the common purpose ideological line. She is ware of them too. She is also quite vocal about the fact that almost all of the other kids seem to be unaware there is even an ideological line they are being indoctrinated to toe. So I don’t share cunning plans optimism of some sort of great awakening of the white masses. Maybe though it’s because she’s at a girls school with a significant amount of enrichment (at a guess I would say a third to a half of the kids). Maybe there would have to be boys for the sentiment to really form and take root?

Edited by Melchett

I went to Manchester yesterday and stood in the spot the video was recorded in 1992 watching the trams go by. And that phrase, watching the world go by, quite literally watching the world go by.

8 hours ago, LC1 said:

Depends how many Mipuris you have near you. Some North African/Arab cultures not much better. Not a uniquely Islamic thing per se, despite the popular perception on here. Try taking a pretty 13yo to Italy or Brazil.

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Depends how many Mipuris you have near you. Some North African/Arab cultures not much better. Not a uniquely Islamic thing per se, despite the popular perception on here. Try taking a pretty 13yo to Italy or Brazil.

8531724009_74ef4e3faa_b.jpg

Happens when you travel South of err Barcelona.

13 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

nail...head.

Fuck I miss Britain.

When home we spend a lot of time in Cheshire. It's still like England.