• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Morrissey

He's got to have his own thread surely.

Stephen Patrick has always spoken his mind and over time that has seen him cheered by the Guardian / BBC (Morrissey doesn't like what Margaret Thatcher did - hurrah) but now is being roundly condemned by the same because they don't like the truth he's currently speaking.

“Anne Marie Waters seeks open discussion about all aspects of modern Britain, whereas other parties will not allow diverse opinion...she doesn’t read from a script, she believes in British heritage, freedom of speech, and she wants everyone in the UK to live under the same law.

“I find this compelling, now, because it’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech. I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.”

https://www.rt.com/uk/428924-morrissey-tommy-robinson-speech/

Top bloke who will say the truth even when it's going to make him unpopular with the establishment.  Not all celebs are Lineker and Lily Allen.

I also like that the Smiths was my first cult band, several of us at school wearing cardigans, Smiths' t-shirts, all the records and saw them live at a great show in 1984.

My favourite Morrissey track came from much later; this classic:

I always think if only he'd allow himself to wear leather jackets he'd be able to go out more nights and probably be less miserable.

Posted (edited)

Always hated him, well more specifically I hated the people who liked him and that sort of music generally - all the leftie cunts moaning about "fatcher" of my peer group back in the day. But ... I'll have to revise my opinion of him (not his music though - thats still shite).

Edited by goldbug9999

2 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Always hated him, well more specifically I hated the people who liked him and that sort of music generally - all the leftie cunts moaning about "fatcher" of my peer group back in the day. But ... I'll have to revise my opinion of him (not his music though - thats still shite).

I like his music, but generally dislike the kind of person who likes his music.

25 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Oddly enough I remember a very big Morrissey fan at school who used to denounce 'Fatcher' but was also very anti-immigrant. Does Mr Morrissey appeal perhaps to a certain part of the old trade-union left/UKIP demographic?

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

NNNOOOOOO that’s horrendously English. You can’t do that, someone might be offended 

Actually, I don't really do Morris Dancing, I just thought the Morris-y rhyme was irresistible.

[But I actually DO do a form of dancing known as "circle dance", which I absolutely love to do. And it's not particularly English but includes music and dance from France, Macedonia, Turkey, Israel etc]

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Actually, I don't really do Morris Dancing, I just thought the Morris-y rhyme was irresistible.

[But I actually DO do a form of dancing known as "circle dance", which I absolutely love to do. And it's not particularly English but includes music and dance from France, Macedonia, Turkey, Israel etc]

This?

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I am very much not a leftie cunt and disagreed with his political pronouncements back in the day (e.g. I thought Margaret Thatcher was brilliant) but was a huge of The Smiths back in the 80s and of Morrissey himself because he discussed many things - life, art - and was very much not the single note sneering leftie like Billy Bragg.

It was his honesty, original thinking and ability to articulate his thoughts that shone through his interviews and I am delighted that his integrity means that he is now speaking out for what he thinks is right rather than what will accrue him likes on Facebook from Guardian readers.

He is prepared to be unpopular but not prepared to lie or keep quiet.

I liked The Smiths back in the 80s but could never warm to him and was never a fan.

Can't argue with him now though.

I guess being chucked off a tall building in his dotage focused his attention as it to should all in LGB community...

6 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

She has really nice tits.

We need a most doable cartoon women thread.

Jessica Rabbit's the obvious choice but I think I'd go for Princess Jasmin, from Aladdin, for all her feminist posturing, I think she'd enjoy a damn good spanking.

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

We need a most doable cartoon women thread.

Jessica Rabbit's the obvious choice but I think I'd go for Princess Jasmin, from Aladdin, for all her feminist posturing, I think she'd enjoy a damn good spanking.

Has to be:

2a5e34036bcfa8cab357f4da6d5942f4--pulp-a