• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Spot the real story

And the town hall has also agreed to enter into a lease with Meridian Development Company / Interurban Limited with respect to eight vacant units at Meridian Business Centre in Oldham.

Sounds like a cracking way to lose money!  Pay to lease vacant units that the current owner hasn't been able to rent out.

What genius is running this council? 

bdbcfce234fdab14848dc1cc9c4a3e5a.jpg

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sounds like a cracking way to lose money!  Pay to lease vacant units that the current owner hasn't been able to rent out.

What genius is running this council? 

Fucking hell lol I'd skim read it in Sainsburys so didn't catch that bit ......... No there's another bit! 
Knew I should have bought the paper and read it properly.

Edited by sarahbell

"Owner Stuart Cunniffe has run Naked Bean since 2003 and it relocated from Spindles Shopping Centre to its current home in 2012."

And from the first story:

New council leader Sean Fielding has signed off on a plan to acquire the lease of the Naked Bean Cafe at the Oldham Gallery and Central  Library on Greaves Street.

The authority will have to pay statutory compensation to the existing leaseholder Relish (York) Ltd – but the cost of the purchase has not been publicly disclosed.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07471926/officers
That's Stuart and his wife (I assume).