• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Dosbods - Praise

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I just thought I'd say reading dosbods really highlights how crap the legacy media is. You have a lot of full time journalists - with large budgets - writing stuff that is quite frankly inferior to what the amateurs here write. Honestly, the arguments presented in the likes of the Guardian/ BBC/ Economist etc are the stuff off idealistic 6th formers who still live at home.

Dosbods really highlights how pro migration the mainstream media is. You see people here see present valid reasons against immigration etc and these arguments are never discussed by mainstream media.

the So-Called BBC etc should really just stick to a making costume dramas and forget about presenting news or current affairs.

With their rewriting of history as PC propaganda I'm not sure the recent costume dramas are that great either.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

You mean Achilles wasn't black?

He wasn't until recently - yes that sort of thing.

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

By his own account @ccc has ridden a few monsters. He's the Ginger Achilles of Dosbods.

I feel honoured :Old:

Watched all 3 bits of A Very British Scandal last night.

Quite a lot of people of colour knocking around the Palace of Westminster in 1968 it would seem. And in North Devon.

I was surprised.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Quite a lot of people of colour knocking around .............. in North Devon.

never mind 1968 - there are still virtually no coloured people here in 2018

Edited by InLikeFlynn

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Watched all 3 bits of A Very British Scandal last night.

Quite a lot of people of colour knocking around the Palace of Westminster in 1968 it would seem. And in North Devon.

I was surprised.

Even if you allow for that - very noticeable during the court-room scenes in episode 3 - it was still a fucking good show.

Michelle Dotrice from "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" was particularly good.

And Eve Myles from "Torchwood" got (most) of her tits out.

I mean what's not to like here...?

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I hate to say it, but shoe-horning a black guy into 'Their Darkest Hour' ruined the whole film for me. Having Churchill shake his hand and pay him so much attention, ruined the flow and feel of the film.

Having said that it wasn't nearly as good and Oldman's performance wasn't nearly as good as made out.

Although it had a much smaller budget, I thought that 'Their Finest' was a better movie than 'Their Darkest Hour'.

It deals with MoD propaganda and the Dunkirk evacuation.

One of the good things about DOSBODS is that contributions range from fairly far out conspiracy theories to hard fact researching, and all points inbetween. 

It seems increasingly nowadays that the MSM does not wish to indulge in any of those things. They don't touch conspiracy theories and they don't seem that interested in hard facts either. 

the So-Called BBC's rewriting of history could be their downfall. BBC drama was always one of the things that everybody agreed the corporation did well. But now with their silly blacking-up of history they risk losing a lot of credibility. My favourite was an adaptation of Norman Hunter's Professor Branestawm books. Apparently there were black village bobbies in England in the early 1950s!

20 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

One of the good things about DOSBODS is that contributions range from fairly far out conspiracy theories to hard fact researching, and all points inbetween. 

It seems increasingly nowadays that the MSM does not wish to indulge in any of those things. They don't touch conspiracy theories and they don't seem that interested in hard facts either. 

the So-Called BBC's rewriting of history could be their downfall. BBC drama was always one of the things that everybody agreed the corporation did well. But now with their silly blacking-up of history they risk losing a lot of credibility. My favourite was an adaptation of Norman Hunter's Professor Branestawm books. Apparently there were black village bobbies in England in the early 1950s!

Can I just ask why the colour of an actor actually matters? It's a drama....

Just now, One percent said:

Well, try putting a white actor in a role traditionally played by an actor or colour and I think you would get the answer. 

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jun/10/othello-actors-rsc-lucian-msamati-hugh-quarshie is a reasonable article on the difficulty that is racism and Othello.

The last line is the most important bit and my viewpoint is that when it comes to bit parts in a drama colour doesn't matter..

“What we make of it tells us more about ourselves than it does about Shakespeare,” says Quarshie.

3 minutes ago, eek said:

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jun/10/othello-actors-rsc-lucian-msamati-hugh-quarshie is a reasonable article on the difficulty that is racism and Othello.

The last line is the most important bit and my viewpoint is that when it comes to bit parts in a drama colour doesn't matter..

I think it does matter in period drama, just for the sake of accuracy. Mind I can’t stand these types of programmes so never watch them

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Because costume drama should try and reflect real life? It's become obvious that the So-Called BBC etc puts black people in historical dramas as a "see black people have always lived in Britain" campaign. 

It's pure propaganda.

Indeed. Although if confronted they will deny and flip the script to accuse the person pointing it out of racism.

19 minutes ago, eek said:

Why do costumes matter, put him in paramilitary SWAT gear, it's just a 1950s drama

21 minutes ago, eek said:

For that matter, what does the sex of an actor matter compared to the sex of the character they are portraying?

Or species even. Champion the Wonder Horse played by Bubbles the chimpanzee! Or to bring to your context, Lassie played by a GOAT.

59 minutes ago, eek said:

How would you feel if the first train to Cranford was hauled by a Class 70?