• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Banned

Grassing up a buytoletter

I know of a landlord who is an absolute c##t of the lowest order, never grassed in my life but for this c##t i will make an exception.

He lives in the Middle East and has a "nice little portfolio" over here.

As he lives over there he doesn't pay tax on his Middle East salary, but he also claims UK tax Personal Allowances on his rental income.

Now would this make him classified as a UK resident the fact he has property here and has an income stream as if so surely he should be paying UK tax on his income over there no matter if he is away fro over 183 days.

54 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

I know of a landlord who is an absolute c##t of the lowest order, never grassed in my life but for this c##t i will make an exception.

As he lives over there he doesn't pay tax on his Middle East salary, but he also claims UK tax Personal Allowances on his rental income.

Now would this make him classified as a UK resident the fact he has property here and has an income stream as if so surely he should be paying UK tax on his income over there no matter if he is away fro over 183 days.

The agent will be withholding tax from received rents and submitting them to HMRC every quarter.

33 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

The decision to grass is always a difficult one for those of us - myself included - who were brought-up that you just don't do it.

Ever.

Under ANY circumstances.

A few years ago, me and Mrs XYY had such a decision to make regarding her brother. We agonised over it for a good 48 hours - knowing we were damned if we did, and damned if we didn't.

We grassed him.

Six months later he topped himself.

Without giving away too many details, a vulnerable young woman and her two children were at risk. I would grass him again tomorrow as it was the correct decision.

But it is not one that always ends the way you might want it to.

We had to identify the body. He'd been dead for four days so it wasn't pretty.

Only you can make the decision.

Hopefully you have a decent moral compass - and you will do the correct thing.

And for the right reasons.

Welcome to DOSBODs by the way...

;)

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:
59 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

The decision to grass is always a difficult one for those of us - myself included - who were brought-up that you just don't do it.

snitches get stitches.

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Is that law now ?

Not much use if no agent involved though

Has been for years. Unless the agent has written permission from HMRC then they must withhold the tax element.

This is also true when there isn't an agent involved. The tenant should deduct the tax from the rent payment and send it to HMRC. 

If they don't, the tenant is liable for the tax.

I hope you are not the tenant in this instance!

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Ever.

Under ANY circumstances.

A few years ago, me and Mrs XYY had such a decision to make regarding her brother. We agonised over it for a good 48 hours - knowing we were damned if we did, and damned if we didn't.

We grassed him.

Without giving away too many details, a vulnerable young woman and her two children were at risk. I would grass him again tomorrow as it was the correct decision.

;)

XYY

I was brought up the same but my rule now is simple if they do it to you first it`s fair game but i still feel guilty and this is present time 

Money realy is the route of all evil 

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Has been for years. Unless the agent has written permission from HMRC then they must withhold the tax element.

This is also true when there isn't an agent involved. The tenant should deduct the tax from the rent payment and send it to HMRC. 

No and i never knew that

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

No and i never knew that

Not a lot of people do.

But ignorance is no defensive. 

Fortunately I did know about it or I could be looking at close on a £60k tax liability by now.

Not a lot of people do.

Fortunately I did know about it or I could be looking at close on a £60k tax liability by now.

Did you deduct the tax and pay HMRC ? how do you fare if you are going thought an agent that fails to deduct tax  it take they will be liable not the tenant 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

Did you deduct the tax and pay HMRC ? how do you fare if you are going thought an agent that fails to deduct tax  it take they will be liable not the tenant 

In theory yes. There is a form you complete every quarter.

If there is an agent involved, it is their problem.

In my case I have written permission from HMRC to pay the rent gross. Oddly though, there is no requirement to tell them how much I pay.

In theory yes. There is a form you complete every quarter.

If there is an agent involved, it is their problem.

In my case I have written permission from HMRC to pay the rent gross. Oddly though, there is no requirement to tell them how much I pay.

I take it you just enquirer with HMRC if you have any doubts ? 

I think you should start a tread concerning this  

17 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ever.

Under ANY circumstances.

We grassed him.

;)

XYY

Its part of sticking together as working class community.

The 80s saw a distinct line drawn between plebs and posh, using the police.

Id add detail to the rule - you dont grass up one of your own, bar some crimes - kiddy fiddling etc.

Nicking from a company is fair game.

Nicking from old ladies or community orgs is a total nono.

In this case the LL is definitely not 'one of us'. Hes a cunt, feeding on us.

Grass him.

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I take it you just enquirer with HMRC if you have any doubts ? 

I think you should start a tread concerning this  

It is quite unusual to have an overseas landlord without an agent so of little interest to most.

The info is here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/paying-tax-on-rent-to-landlords-abroad

19 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Potentially.

Ive not heard of it being enforced.

What normally happens is hmrc forclose on any uk assets.

Just now, Goat said:

Its ht eo grateest krime in istory, e was fitted up innit, shout it from teh rooftops on evry fred them torreys and the done stiched up saint tommy

:)

You do make me laugh ya daft bastard.

Free The Luton One Mong...!!!

;)

XYY

Just now, spygirl said:

Potentially.

Ive not heard of it being enforced.

What normally happens is hmrc forclose on any uk assets.

That's what I hope would happen. But you can never be sure.

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

Its ht eo grateest krime in istory, e was fitted up innit, shout it from teh rooftops on evry fred them torreys and the done stiched up saint tommy

Shit. Goat has kidnapped Spy and is using him as his personal assistant.

😁

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

It is quite unusual to have an overseas landlord without an agent so of little interest to most.

The info is here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/paying-tax-on-rent-to-landlords-abroad

You would be surprised ,maybe not a LL with a large portfolio but there are loads from my game that have retired abroad but are letting out their house in the UK with no agent involved   

16 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Not a lot of people do.

Well, it has been for some of the offences discussed on here in the last week or two....

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

You would be surprised ,maybe not a LL with a large portfolio but there are loads from my game that have retired abroad but are letting out their house in the UK with no agent involved   

How do they work that regarding finding tenants, inspections, repairs etc?

20 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ever.

Under ANY circumstances.

We grassed him.

Read my topic about my mother getting scammed by fraudsters transferring money recently ... she was loaning my brother a vast sum of money, his email got hacked she sent the money now he is wiping his hands of it.

If the cunt topped himself i'd be overjoyed.

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nicking from old ladies or community orgs is a total nono.

In this case the LL is definitely not 'one of us'. Hes a cunt, feeding on us.

Grass him.

See above