• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

We're On Twitter!

It's early days, but head on over to the stealth forum if you'd like to make use of the DOSBODS auto Twitter-shitter. The rest of you < 250 post losers will have to settle for read-only access for the time being :) (I'll move it to the main forum once everything is stable):

https://twitter.com/DOSBODS

If you use Twitter - I don't - any follows would be great as would a few retweets if anyone ever posts something worthwhile.

If @onlyme or anyone else of design bent would like to step it to make the profile look less spartan that would be great.

I have a twitter account but have no clue how it works - just sometimes people assume we are all on twitter so that is the only way they announce something.

Therefore can you explain if we 'follow' dosbods, will that remove our anonymity?

10 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Therefore can you explain if we 'follow' dosbods, will that remove our anonymity?

Not specifically, no. If your Twitter account is in your actual name then following DOSBODS would be an indication that you post on here but it's in no way conclusive and likely wouldn't give any clue as to who you are on here. If your Twitter handle was @cunningplan and your Twitter account name was "John Smith of 23 The Avenue" or whatever then that would be a bit of a giveaway, but that's not really made much worse by following the account since Google search would find that anyway. The account that you follow gets no extra information on your either - so, all I see if I log into it is that someone called "blah" followed it.

I see. My twitter 'handle' or whatever it is called is my initials and surname, which combined with other stuff that I follow would expose me (fnar!) so I think I will give it a miss!

Supporting anything to do with falling house prices (not that dosbods is but you know what I mean) would be a hanging offence in my neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

I see. My twitter 'handle' or whatever it is called is my initials and surname, which combined with other stuff that I follow would expose me (fnar!) so I think I will give it a miss!

Supporting anything to do with falling house prices (not that dosbods is but you know what I mean) would be a hanging offence in my neck of the woods.

Same here, followed and then realised that it would be obvious who I was. 

Not that I mind anybody here knowing at all and I have no expectation that my online presence is completely secure, but I'd rather not have obviously links between various sites.