• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
XswampyX

Banning... A grave mistake.

I agree he was getting a bit tedious, but I'm sure he would have calmed down in a little while.

I wouldn't have banned him, or moderated him, just let him let off steam and if he didn't tone down after a while warn him that others were getting pissed off with his tedious and boring rancour. 

You have to make decisions as the only moderator / admin to protect the rest of the forum. If disruptive trolls are permitted then  this forum will die. And he had already been warned, again a first. I'll reply fully in the morning.

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

You have to make decisions as the only moderator / admin to protect the rest of the forum. If disruptive trolls are permitted then  this forum will die. And he had already been warned, again a first. I'll reply fully in the morning.

That's fine. If being a dick (sometimes) gets you banned then... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

If he had been warned and continued to be a cunt then fairs fair - banned it is. It's not a right to join her and post, it's a priviledge and with that come certain responsibilities such as observing the T+Cs, and before anyone screams 'censorship' or 'free speech' well fuck you. They are not unmitigated and come with certain restrictions. if you don't like that then fuck off. There's a whole world out there and thousands of forums.

9 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Well if he ignored the warning then I agree with what you've done.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

The funny thing is he actually did a Tommy.

Was warned, but then went out of his way to troll every thread in contravention of his warning.

Sort of ironic really.

#freeGoat

Well observed! :Jumping:

5 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

If we lose everybody who disagrees with us, then really what's the point?

It would be great to have a sin bin over on the right and people could up-vote you out of it. 10 days or 10 up-votes.

This.

Didn't we migrate away from DOSBODS because of bannings?  There are a number of posters on here who can occasionally wrote like cunts - me included - and I think that the site is richer for it.  Maybe a 30 day ban?

Just now, wherebee said:

This.

Didn't we migrate away from DOSBODS because of bannings?  There are a number of posters on here who can occasionally wrote like cunts - me included - and I think that the site is richer for it.  Maybe a 30 day ban?

Make it a 13 month ban.

I suspect that he created the sock puppet @eek and further suspect this may have led to this being against the principles of the forum.

Spunko is welcome to correct me on this.

Regardless, Goat was causing forum disruption this morning and, if he wasn’t uncontrollably drunk, then shows some serious character flaws.

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

Unless I missed something I didn’t really see any deliberate fishing to wind people up..  I saw he seemed to take an unpopular stance on the Tommy thread,  and some of the bits got a bit heated/confrontational.  But you need someone to challenge the consensus..  otherwise you just get an echo chamber.

So it’s a bit disappointing but I respect Spunko’s decision. It’s his ship,  his rules.

Nah, I've not been on much recently but have seen him trying to take the piss, posting nippy shit on purpose. He had some decent points, but went a bit over the top recently and just posting arsey posts. 

I've nothing against Goat, just his behaviour more recently.

Good shout Spunko!

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Saying he's been banned for having an opposite view is incorrect; people are welcome to hold an opposite view but not to be rude about it.

Oh no they're not.