• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
cerebell-um

New Computer

My computer broke. On Friday morning. Which gave me Friday and Saturday off work. yay! And then today we did a new windows on my new one and I clearly am an idiot because 
I have no idea what email I had set my account up on and haven't yet tracked down all email accounts ... so have set up a new account.
No private forum for me then for another 499 posts.

:(

Sarah

4 minutes ago, cerebell-um said:

My computer broke. On Friday morning. Which gave me Friday and Saturday off work. yay! And then today we did a new windows on my new one and I clearly am an idiot because 
I have no idea what email I had set my account up on and haven't yet tracked down all email accounts ... so have set up a new account.
No private forum for me then for another 499 posts.

:(

Sarah

Can @spunko2010 sort you out Sarah?  Mind you will have to prove it is indeed you and not a reincarnation of goat, or even worse v*&ger in disguise. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Can @spunko2010 sort you out Sarah?  Mind you will have to prove it is indeed you and not a reincarnation of goat, or even worse v*&ger in disguise. 

Oh I didn't think of that. Well I did, but as I've not admitted to everyone what sort of flake I am for not having a note of these things... 

:-D

Cants.
Is that enough proof?

2 minutes ago, cerebell-um said:

Oh I didn't think of that. Well I did, but as I've not admitted to everyone what sort of flake I am for not having a note of these things... 

:-D

Cants.
Is that enough proof?

We need chapter and verse of your allotment troubles and the arseholes on the council. xD

To add, don’t stress it.  I’ve spent the weekend recovering my portable hard drive AGAIN when it fell,over and I hadn’t backed it up for six weeks. Even though I know that the things have a short shelf life. 

We need chapter and verse of your allotment troubles and the arseholes on the council. xD

I've sent a PM to the man! 

No update on anything at the moment. No sign of her.

Just now, One percent said:

Have you sent her the letter terminating the plot?  

Oh yes!
(Ah yes, computer broke Friday morning before I'd switched it on)

5 minutes ago, cerebell-um said:

Oh yes!
(Ah yes, computer broke Friday morning before I'd switched it on)

Ah, so you don’t have copies of the files and documents sent?  Bugger. 

Does this mean I no longer will be made to feel inadequate by that dammed three legged carrot? Every cloud and all that.:)

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Ah, so you don’t have copies of the files and documents sent?  Bugger. 

I do. and i apparently can log in via tablet but can't see where email is stored to look.

hard drive was fine just the rest of it melted.

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I do. and i apparently can log in via tablet but can't see where email is stored to look.

Your email is bi****y @ g****.com. Does that help?

Just realised this isn't a PM. xD 

5 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

it does thank you. i'll force the password for that out of google tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You should be able to put the hard drive in a caddy ghetto the right one) and you should be able to access it. I know this as I’ve spent the whole bloody weekend doing just that. :)

6 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Are you trying to say that Sarah is goat?  o.O

You should be able to put the hard drive in a caddy ghetto the right one) and you should be able to access it. I know this as I’ve spent the whole bloody weekend doing just that. :)

done that for a few hours and do not want to admit to husband that i didn't get all info i needed. cos he'll know i was messing about on fb etc.

1 minute ago, eight said:

My laptop is currently in the middle of the big Windows 10 update. What can I expect on its completion?

wednesday. but not saying which one.

Just now, sarahbell said:

done that for a few hours and do not want to admit to husband that i didn't get all info i needed. cos he'll know i was messing about on fb etc.

Bloody hell, you are back properly. Well done. 

2 minutes ago, eight said:

My laptop is currently in the middle of the big Windows 10 update. What can I expect on its completion?

Not a lot, but it will be slower and less responsive.

Windows updates never actually make anything better, they are the digital version of constipation.

11 hours ago, One percent said:

Bloody hell, you are back properly. Well done. 

That was on tablet. 
Am on computer now. 
I've just sorted password out for my email for this account. but did attempt to hack into someone else's by mistake. I don't know their first phone number and couldn't offer the backup email either. At which point I checked the spelling of it and realised that wasn't the email address that I used - clearly need to get password book upto date.

27 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

That was on tablet. 
Am on computer now. 
I've just sorted password out for my email for this account. but did attempt to hack into someone else's by mistake. I don't know their first phone number and couldn't offer the backup email either. At which point I checked the spelling of it and realised that wasn't the email address that I used - clearly need to get password book upto date.

https://keepass.info/

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

ta. I'd lose it, burn it or send it to space by accident.

Currently I've had a minor melt cos of my 'my documents' folder not being on my computer. I thought I'd saved it on to D or E but apparently not. I think all the allotment shit has to go onto google drive now so it'll be there when it's needed.