• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

A fool and his money

As per,

Nicolas Cage has managed to burn his way through his 150 million fortune. Mainly, but not only limited to 'investment' in housing.

The list of crazy stuff he bought is bonkers imho.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/personalfinance/how-nicolas-cage-blew-dollar150-million-on-mansions-his-own-private-island—and-a-real-dinosaur-skull/ar-BBB06Ve?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

The only thing he appeared not to buy is hookers and drugs

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

As per,

Nicolas Cage has managed to burn his way through his 150 million fortune. Mainly, but not only limited to 'investment' in housing.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/personalfinance/how-nicolas-cage-blew-dollar150-million-on-mansions-his-own-private-island—and-a-real-dinosaur-skull/ar-BBB06Ve?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

I quite like the shrunken pigmy heads and the mini-pyramid.

It's the same mad off the wall personality that's made the fortune as has burnt through it; like rock stars.

John Entwhistle always needed The Who to tour again because he burnt through all his money on a regular basis by buying loads of expensive shiny stuff all the time, he used to joke that he was addicted to Harrods.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

As per,

So he bought everything except the fun stuff? If you're going to be an irresponsible tit, do it properly!

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's the same mad off the wall personality that's made the fortune as has burnt through it; like rock stars.

John Entwhistle always needed The Who to tour again because he burnt through all his money on a regular basis by buying loads of expensive shiny stuff all the time, he used to joke that he was addicted to Harrods.

I always thought John Entwhistle was the guy who wrote 500 Bus Stops.

Oh well, might as well spend it on what you like. I don't understand the obsession with thrift on here really.

He used to live down the road from me in Bath, on The Circus not the Midford castle he bought later, a while back now and always felt a bit sorry for the way he seemed to have to constantly battle hair loss with one horrendous weave after another, he always just walked around like a normal local to be fair. Think he lives in Glastonbury these days.

22 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Oh well, might as well spend it on what you like. I don't understand the obsession with thrift on here really.

He used to live down the road from me in Bath, on The Circus not the Midford castle he bought later, a while back now and always felt a bit sorry for the way he seemed to have to constantly battle hair loss with one horrendous weave after another, he always just walked around like a normal local to be fair. Think he lives in Glastonbury these days.

The hair loss capital?O.o

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Baltonsborough I believe...A mate of mine took a snapshot of him stepping into a local Cineworld from CCTV...

edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-393515/Nicolas-Cage-865-000-King-Camelot.html

Oe of last films I saw of his..http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2467046/  Utter, utter cobblers...

Edited by Dave Beans

26 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

More importantly...how the fuck does Nicholas Cage amass 150 million quid?

Dollars (used to be a bigger difference!)

Pretty sure big stars command fees in the tens of millions for some films. He was a huge name for some years. So work constantly, multiple films a year, et voila.

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

It makes my stupidly expensive guitars look moderate!

I've got a Canadian Garrison.....carbon fiber framework with douglas fir body...beat that sootie   :D

32 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

More importantly...how the fuck does Nicholas Cage amass 150 million quid?

Because he's a really really good actor....not :wanker:

Actually I enjoyed Captin Coral medling ....a great film

2 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I've got a Canadian Garrison.....carbon fiber framework with douglas fir body...beat that sootie   :D

Shit! I only have a Martin, a Telecaster and a couple of Gretsches! And a few others.

3 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Beautiful guitars...you're a man of class.

I know that. Don't tell the chicks, or I will do my back in again.:D

Actually the Martin is a D15, the plainest wooden box you have ever seen. Not available now. Plays nice though! I am a particular fan of the Gretsch instruments. One is a Jet, and the other is a Falcon in white, which amuses my friend's 3 year old, because she thinks it's God's guitar, because it is so shiny, and that makes me an angel in her eyes! When a 3 year old thinks you are an Angel, it is a good day!

Edited by MrPin

9 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Dollars (used to be a bigger difference!)

Pretty sure big stars command fees in the tens of millions for some films. He was a huge name for some years. So work constantly, multiple films a year, et voila.

Jesus. Even dollars seem excessive for a pretty average actor. I know there was Leaving Las Vegas but I'm with the ' even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day' way of thinking there. 

Ever see the remake of 'The Wicker Man' or 'Knowing? 

Comically terrible.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Jesus. Even dollars seem excessive for a pretty average actor. I know there was Leaving Las Vegas but I'm with the ' even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day' way of thinking there. 

Comically terrible.

Had a great run with blockbuster movies, after Leaving Las Vegas, with Con Air, Rock and Face Off consecutively. Probably some sort of percentage deal would have yielded loads. The did Gone In Sixty Seconds, which was shit but, suspect he would have got a huge pay cheque as hugely bankable for action movies after the previous three. Captain Corelli's Mandolin was probably more pay dirt.

He's been in some good more serious stuff like Lord of War. I quite like the Bad Lieutenant remake, National Treasure and Season of the Witch.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Comically terrible.

Yes...that was a complete abortion of the original film.   An island only inhabited by females...ffs.

The original film...The Wicker Man... is a classic cult performance.  Brilliant.  I remember when it first came out. It was secondary to the main film 'Don't look know'....with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie.

Then it was recognised for it's brilliance.

Do you remember the scene when the barmaid's daughter tries to seduce, from the next room, with her naked dancing? Brit Ekland refused to perform that scene...so they drove into Glasgow and picked up a local prostitute to perform the act. It's not Brit's arse in the film, but an unknown prostitute.   

Such an amazing film.

8 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Yes...that was a complete abortion of the original film.   An island only inhabited by females...ffs.

The original film...The Wicker Man... is a classic cult performance.  Brilliant.  I remember when it first came out. It was secondary to the main film 'Don't look know'....with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie.

Then it was recognised for it's brilliance.

Do you remember the scene when the barmaid's daughter tries to seduce, from the next room, with her naked dancing? Brit Ekland refused to perform that scene...so they drove into Glasgow and picked up a local prostitute to perform the act. It's not Brit's arse in the film, but an unknown prostitute.   

Such an amazing film.

I remember her giving an interview where she said it wasn't her doing that. Might have been Desert Island Discs.

God she was a stunner in that film.

Don't look now scared the living bejesus out of me. That's quite the classic too.

Britain's youngest lotter winner blew it all on coke and foreign holidays, she only has a couple of investments left from that time, this picture give you a clue as to what they are

Britains-youngest-lottery-winner-says-%C

Brits tits but not Brits clit

Edited by davidg