• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn't Exist

Gaiman and Pratchett nailed this subject.

On Crowley (a demon)

"He rather liked people. It was a major failing in a demon. 

• Oh, he did his best to make their short lives miserable, because that was his job, but nothing he could think up was half as bad as the stuff they thought up themselves. They seemed to have a talent for it. It was built into the design, somehow. They were born into a world that was against them in a thousand little ways, and then devoted most of their energies to making it worse."
  •  

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Gaiman and Pratchett nailed this subject.

On Crowley (a demon)

"He rather liked people. It was a major failing in a demon. 

• Oh, he did his best to make their short lives miserable, because that was his job, but nothing he could think up was half as bad as the stuff they thought up themselves. They seemed to have a talent for it. It was built into the design, somehow. They were born into a world that was against them in a thousand little ways, and then devoted most of their energies to making it worse."
  •  

Was Barbara Bush his daughter?

10 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The Devil's greatest trick was to convince people they were doing God's work when in fact they were serving the Prince of Darkness. Confusing Gods will with your own will is the fast track to perdition which is why spiritual pride is the supreme cardinal sin. Something many Islamic extremists and other religious nut cases appear to be unable to grasp.

If the devil exists, i'm fairly sure he "wrote" the koran :PissedOff:

Just now, ILikeCake said:

I thought this was going to be about Tony Blair.

Nah his just one of the evil followers...

I was raised a Catholic but pretty much turned my back on the Catholic church around the age of 16 when I heard of the churches continued ban on contraception especially in South America. With no contraception thousands of kids were born and treated like vermin, they lived in sewers and  were shot like rats by the police.

The intervening years I had episodes of contact with what I think now was the Holy Spirit but I guess my rational mind was too cynical to follow.

In the last few years I've been aware of a suffocating feeling like a slowly tightening noose as our freedoms have been gradually been eroded. On research many of those controlling and pushing us are followers of the evil one.

Saul Alinsky a cultural marxist leader and mentor of both Hiltlery and Obama dedicated his book rules for radicals to...

image.png.834e4268668a59b40c58fc63ddff7867.png

6 minutes ago, Soft lad said:

That's just when they became mixed up about under which avatar they were posting xD

Having read all the major books from all the major religions in the world, the koran stands out as being not at all like the others.

I didn't spend much time on it then, as it appeared to contain no "higher / spiritual" content which was what I was researching.

Recently reread koran and am horrified by the content :Sick1:

1 minute ago, Lone Lurker said:

That's just when they became mixed up about under which avatar they were posting xD

Having read all the major books from all the major religions in the world, the koran stands out as being not at all like the others.

I didn't spend much time on it then, as it appeared to contain no "higher / spiritual" content which was what I was researching.

Wasn't the power of the evil one deception?

Is the a verse about allah being the greatest of deceivers?

Everything on the planet goes in cycles...not a linear progression.

This applies to History....it goes in cycles.

The lies taught in schools about  Human history starting with Cave men to Modern Man is peddled by those who want to grab resources and make false claims to being leaders. Any artifacts that don't fit the narrative are hidden away.

When the next group of nutters take-over (and we all know who they will be)...they will eradicate even more of the truth.   The 'books' will get destroyed. Young minds will be closed.

This is the true meaning of The Devils work. Falsifying history for personal gain....IMHO:)

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

When the next group of nutters take-over (and we all know who they will be)...they will eradicate even more of the truth. 

I think people have up or are waking up just in time...

Thank God for the internet!

Dad was going to kill me after I became a Christian. Nice.

Edited by JackieO

6 hours ago, Lone Lurker said:

Have you read the Talmud?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JackieO said:

Wasn't the power of the evil one deception?

Is the a verse about allah being the greatest of deceivers?

Yes, I remember a verse something like that from my reading of the Koran. I should have marked it because I could never find it again using the index. The gist of it was that allah tricks his followers, which I found extraordinary

Edited by Panther

16 minutes ago, Panther said:

Yes, I remember a verse something like that from my reading of the Koran. I should have marked it because I could never find it again using the index. The gist of it was that allah tricks his followers, which I found extraordinary

I'm guessing mad Mo is Allah, so yes the bit in bold would be correct

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

Have you read the Talmud?

Apologies, I should have written almost all in place of all.

I was looking for "experience of god" across religions.

I thought the Talmud to be the Jewish book of law so it was of little interest at the time.

Is it interesting?

Posted (edited)

And on the eighth-day, the devil made the smartphone.

And it was evil...

Book of XYY - chapter one, verse fucking one...!

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

8 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

Apologies, I should have written almost all in place of all.

I was looking for "experience of god" across religions.

I thought the Talmud to be the Jewish book of law so it was of little interest at the time.

Is it interesting?

Yes, very interesting, very.

I've not even read the whole thing too...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

What's it about then?

Your avatar is a bit blurry - but it suggests that you are perhaps a bit of a "wolf in sheep's clothing".

A very simple - and seemingly innocuous question asked of Carl - proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that is exactly what you are.

Well played sir...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Your avatar is a bit blurry - but it suggests that you are perhaps a bit of a "wolf in sheep's clothing".

A very simple - and seemingly innocuous question asked of Carl - proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that is exactly what you are.

Well played sir...

;)

XYY

Curious is what I am, in all respects xD