• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Vibrant London

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'm still here but am trying to reform my ways.  

How did you write that without falling off your scooter or dropping the robbed mobile?

Edited by spygirl

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

How did you write that without falling off your scooter or dropping the robbed mobile?

Pillion this week, I nick em while my partner in crime drives.  

I bet the plod are all wishing for the days when all they had to deal with were the likes of the Krays. The east end villains of old would not have allowed all this shit on their patch. 

That's seriously frightening.  I thought you had done some sort of search for that but it's just the 'crime' section of the Standard.  Unbelievable how serious violence is becoming normalised in society.  I've no idea how this ends or how we turn the tide.  Shocked.

Just now, Scanner said:

That's seriously frightening.  I thought you had done some sort of search for that but it's just the 'crime' section of the Standard.  Unbelievable how serious violence is becoming normalised in society.  I've no idea how this ends or how we turn the tide.  Shocked.

Welcome to my world. O.o  however, I also have this, almost literally on my doorstep and the crimes never venture in.  Unless burying the bodies. 

IMG_0637.JPG

6 minutes ago, Scanner said:

back to the 19th century, as other have said.

The 20th century, excepting the world wars, was exceptionally low risk for european non military people.

how do we reverse it?  well, we won't under a democratic system.

Just now, Oskar said:

I found one! Tommy Robinson's arrest was about half way down the page.

Oh wait, he is from Luton. my bad.

7 minutes ago, Scanner said:

Maybe stop new migrants coming into the UK.

Within a few years the ones already here will have knifed each other to death?

It's a very, very big city, can't really expect it to be crime-free, even boring Geneva has one or two places to be avoided at night, and I don't believe the violence in London is greater than in most of my lifetime, except perhaps when I was a kid. People used to whinge about the Afro-Caribbean muggers before, now it's different people.

And you, Spy, come from the NE! Newcastle on a Saturday night? You wanted body armour and condoms in the 90s.

Edit : Bet it's worse now with the chavskis and Balkan folks that you've described at length.

Edited by swissy_fit

16 minutes ago, Scanner said:

You're shocked that there is serious crime and violence in a city with 7+ million people in. 

It's not even the worst place in the UK, Glasgow takes that title for murder rate, Belfast second. Crime rate generally is above average, but on a par with most metropolitan areas. 

4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

It's a very, very big city, can't really expect it to be crime-free, even boring Geneva has one or two places to be avoided at night, and I don't believe the violence in London is greater than in most of my lifetime, except perhaps when I was a kid. People used to whinge about the Afro-Caribbean muggers before, now it's different people.

And you, Spy, come from the NE! Newcastle on a Saturday night? You wanted body armour and condoms in the 90s.

Edit : Bet it's worse now with the chavskis and Balkan folks that you've described at length.

The gang crime is a relatively new thing as are the acid attacks. 

From living in London, violent crime is a lot more common. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

The gang crime is a relatively new thing as are the acid attacks. 

From living in London, violent crime is a lot more common. 

OK. Figures say no, but yeah, I get it that figures can be fixed. 

Edit :- Lots of people from the Balkans = inevitable violence IMO, they are not civilised even when highly educated and should never have been allowed into the EU until they'd sorted out their differences. Now who is going to tell me this is racist - they're mostly white!

Second edit :- In Geneva, violent crime of the bar stabbing kind is dominated by the Serbs and Kosos with the other Balkan folks over-represented as well. The coppers loathe them.

Edited by swissy_fit

5 minutes ago, gilf said:

You're shocked that there is serious crime and violence in a city with 7+ million people in. 

It's not even the worst place in the UK, Glasgow takes that title for murder rate, Belfast second. Crime rate generally is above average, but on a par with most metropolitan areas. 

I fully accept what you're saying and that there are bigger problems elsewhere.  The razor gangs which blighted Glasgow in the 20's and 30's were every bit as deadly as the knife crime today.  Having said that, it just feels that we are beginning to spiral downwards and I dread to think what happens when the economy inevitably tanks someday and we've got millions of angry, unemployed people roaming around.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Violent crime is slightly up, but that's from historic lows of very recent years

Murder rate went up a couple of years ago (although again against downward trend), but nothing like the numbers in the 90's when it was close to double the rates of the last 5 years or so (for example 190 in 1997, 83 in 2004)

6 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Edit :- Lots of people from the Balkans = inevitable violence IMO, they are not civilised even when highly educated and should never have been allowed into the EU until they'd sorted out their differences. Now who is going to tell me this is racist - they're mostly white!

In my leafy neck of the woods which up until recently was relatively crime free, local kids are getting mugged on a regular basis, a local kid was stabbed and a young girl raped.  

The crims either drive in or travel in on the very handy train line. Oh and there has been a massive amount of building with a lot of these being allocated as social housing. It's almost as if tptb want to trash every last corner of the capital city 

Just now, Scanner said:

I fully accept what you're saying and that there are bigger problems elsewhere.  The razor gangs which blighted Glasgow in the 20's and 30's were every bit as deadly as the knife crime today.  Having said that, it just feels that we are beginning to spiral downwards and I dread to think what happens when the economy inevitably tanks someday and we've got millions of angry, unemployed people roaming around.

Feel the safest I've ever felt in London, as mentioned the stats back that up. 

I'm not saying it's good, far from it but it's a massive city, totally unlike anywhere else in the UK. I'm sure if you went and combined all of the crime headlines for Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool and Leeds it would look as bad (if not worse that this) and those places combined have a lower population than London.

21 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Newcastle is just drunk. Shove and push is as bad as it gets.

Looking at the crime piccies I dont they you comment about afro-carrib have changed.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

In my leafy neck of the woods which up until recently was relatively crime free, local kids are getting mugged on a regular basis, a local kid was stabbed and a young girl raped.  

The crims either drive in or travel in on the very handy train line. Oh and there has been a massive amount of building with a lot of these being allocated as social housing. It's almost as if tptb want to trash every last corner of the capital city 

Oh, thats going back to a whinge I heard when I was i nthe Thames Valley.

Local thought the M4 was great - faster to get into London.

It was also faster for robbers to drive too.

Just now, One percent said:

OK, so the figures don't show localised changes which (correctly) feel bad to you, that's pretty normal too. Won't make you feel any better though, sorry. 

Mate of mine in posh part of Surrey has just had a big gypo camp approved about a mile from his house, he had Ridgebacks as a kid and is thinking of getting some more now :-). Doubt if crime figures overall in Surrey will rise, but round there, well we'll see. 

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Newcastle is just drunk. Shove and push is as bad as it gets.

Looking at the crime piccies I dont they you comment about afro-carrib have changed.

Murder rate in 2015 for Newcastle was 11.1 per million, London 12.8. 

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/latest-figures-show-crime-soared-11222069

Edited by gilf

41 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

OK, so the figures don't show localised changes which (correctly) feel bad to you, that's pretty normal too. Won't make you feel any better though, sorry. 

Mate of mine in posh part of Surrey has just had a big gypo camp approved about a mile from his house, he had Ridgebacks as a kid and is thinking of getting some more now :-). Doubt if crime figures overall in Surrey will rise, but round there, well we'll see. 

And as we know government statistics cannot be relied upon. On a similar note, blanchflower was just on the radio slating the boe figures and explaining how these were massaged to the detriment of us all. 

See also Durkheim,s study of suicide 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

See also Durkheim,s study of suicide 

Must I? :(

French intellectuals not my favourite reading matter, apart from the horrid Houellebecq who's not really scholarly. I'll accept that it's feeling like it's going downhill round your way without torturing myself with that if you don't mind.

To my mind, the whole UK has gone downhill due to overstretching of the infrastructure, and this makes things feel more shit, so we notice crimes and stuff we don't like more etc. It wouldn't surprise me if figures really were fixed/massaged, but human perception is a very fluid thing.