• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Adoption / immigration

5 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I have some friends (in the UK) who are starting out on the road to adoption. They’re currently going through some extremely intrusive vetting where they have to prove that, as well as the obvious stuff like having no criminal record of any sort at all (including ever being arrested even if not charged with anything), that they subscribe to a very clear set of left wing values around multiculturalism and the like. The bloke, who is a lovely chap but not that bright, had a great moment of insight the other day when he said: these same fuckers who seem to want to prevent me from ever adopting on the slightest pretext are the first ones in line to defend the right of every criminal, mysoginistic, racist goat-fucker on the planet to rock up in the UK and live off the state, how does that work exactly?

I dated someone about 15 years back who had a single female friend who was apparently repeatedly turned down for adopting children from overseas.

So she went on holiday to China and returned home with 2 Chinese girls aged a few years each. Nothing seemed to be done to challenge GE her from this end.

A colleague of the wife has fostered a 14 year old congolese orphan. My wife was looking at the photos - the little boy had grey hair and wrinkles, more like 34 she reckons. The colleague was widely mocked for having such an elderly orphan under his roof but he just shrugged his shoulders.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I dated someone about 15 years back who had a single female friend who was apparently repeatedly turned down for adopting children from overseas.

So she went on holiday to China and returned home with 2 Chinese girls aged a few years each. Nothing seemed to be done to challenge GE her from this end.

I meant she was turned down in this country then went off to China supposedly on holiday and came back with a couple of girls aged about 3 or 4 years.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I meant she was turned down in this country then went off to China supposedly on holiday and came back with a couple of girls aged about 3 or 4 years.

Does she work for the Clinton Foundation? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I have some friends (in the UK) who are starting out on the road to adoption. They’re currently going through some extremely intrusive vetting where they have to prove that, as well as the obvious stuff like having no criminal record of any sort at all (including ever being arrested even if not charged with anything), that they subscribe to a very clear set of left wing values around multiculturalism and the like. The bloke, who is a lovely chap but not that bright, had a great moment of insight the other day when he said: these same fuckers who seem to want to prevent me from ever adopting on the slightest pretext are the first ones in line to defend the right of every criminal, mysoginistic, racist goat-fucker on the planet to rock up in the UK and live off the state, how does that work exactly?

It's quite likely though that the clipboard-ladies conducting this inquisition will be thick and easy to fool. Just get your friend to put a few pictures of Jeremy Steptoe around the place, have some Lilly Allen records playing and when they come round to tea offer them vegan scones made with breast-milk. 

1 minute ago, NTB said:

Does she work for the Clinton Foundation? :ph34r:

At the time I was horrified but no one else seem surprised let alone shocked. But I thought that if people are selling these kids in China then God help whom else similar children are being sold to. In some respects they were lucky that they were 'accquired' by a British spinster desperate to be a mother. To this day I have no idea what happened with regard to them being allowed to stay in the UK, become British, etc - presumably they were. They must be of uni age by now.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

At the time I was horrified but no one else seem surprised let alone shocked. But I thought that if people are selling these kids in China then God help whom else similar children are being sold to. In some respects they were lucky that they were 'accquired' by a British spinster desperate to be a mother. To this day I have no idea what happened with regard to them being allowed to stay in the UK, become British, etc - presumably they were. They must be of uni age by now.

I think the rules are a bit stricter on this kind of thing nowadays, probably since people like Angelina Jolie started bringing back kids from other countries in the way ordinary people bring back ropey bottles of local liquor.

Eg, in Romania it's illegal for under-18s to leave the country unless accompanied by one parent or legal guardian, because people kept nicking them from orphanages. 

30 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

It's quite likely though that the clipboard-ladies conducting this inquisition will be thick and easy to fool. Just get your friend to put a few pictures of Jeremy Steptoe around the place, have some Lilly Allen records playing and when they come round to tea offer them vegan scones made with breast-milk. 

That is approximately the approach they’re taking. It hasn’t reached the home inspection stage yet but they’re planning on stripping the house of anything that might trigger the social workers and storing it for a few months. E.g. all of my mate’s photos and stuff from his time in the army are going to get boxed up along with their whole book collection just in case there’s one in there deemed inappropriate.

46 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That's not going to help their gender ratio demographic crisis: http://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2027122/boys-vastly-outnumber-girls-china-years-population

The (Chinese) mainland boasts the world’s most imbalanced sex ratio at birth, followed by some other Asian countries.

The ratio stood at 113. 5 last year – demographers believe the normal range would be about 107.

Wang estimated China’s imbalance of boys to girls could continue for a “considerable time”.

“The problem will remain a major lurking peril for population development and social stability,” Wang said.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

That is approximately the approach they’re taking. It hasn’t reached the home inspection stage yet but they’re planning on stripping the house of anything that might trigger the social workers and storing it for a few months. E.g. all of my mate’s photos and stuff from his time in the army are going to get boxed up along with their whole book collection just in case there’s one in there deemed inappropriate.

It shouldn't look too obvious. Eg no books could be taken as a bad sign. He basically just needs to get rid of anything that looks obviously 'off message' like military history books or anything by well known conservative writers. I would also get rid of:

- anything that is overtly masculine or competitive, eg men-only sports items, trophies etc, anything to do with field sports or cars. It's ok to have non-competitive sporting stuff though which suggests a healthy lifestyle, like bicycle helmets or running gear. 

- anything to do with drinking or smoking

- anything to do with patriotism or the Royal Family - get rid of that poppy from last year lying in the bowl where he keeps the car keys, etc

- anything that seems 'elitist' or upper middle class - nice antiques etc

Then for further effect add a few touches to suggest he is a respectable Guardian reading type - clearly marked recycling boxes, a few copies of the Guardian/Independent etc lying around, a few ethnic nick-nacks, some ethnic foods on display in the kitchen. Some of those big Lonely Planet guides on the bookcases as well, they can be bought cheaply in charity shops. Perhaps add some 'approved' literature (again, from charity shops) like Toni Morrison or Maya Angelou but be careful as they may start talking to him about them. 

The whole effect should be to make the place look like somewhere your average state school teacher or social worker would feel at home. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I wonder if they have ever screamed "Why did you bring us to this sh*t country - we were born in the fastest growing country on Earth!".... So, Indians then lol

You know what I mean.