• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Game_of_Homes

Have you ever looked up an ex on social media?

I am a woman - so yes. But not just to be nosy and obsessively. Never sent them a msg.

Did once get a msg from an ex who I hadn't been interested enough to stalk check up on. But assume he was just being friendly. We are both long married and I am not 100% interested in him like that. (Think neither is he interested in me.) 

Sometimes it is probably just to dble check that the ex is (now) worse than you had remembered them to be and a dodged bullet?!  (Rather than imaging them as a missed opportunity?) 

Posted (edited)

Many of my exes, we parted through circumstances, and usually when work took us to different countrries, rather than falling out, so I have occasionally looked them up on the internet to see that they are doing well career-wise and to be happy for them. Never got in touch with any except

for one that I did get in touch with (with whom I thought we parted amicably, again due to distance when she met someone else and 'dumped' me) when I knew I would be visiting the city she now lived in (US) and the giving a seminar at the unviversity where she now worked - she said she thought it better if we didn't meet !

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

No.

They have popped into my ' People You May Know '.

All clearly life fantastic.

The theory is that this is FBs algorithms way of saying "this person has looked up your profile" without breaking any privacy laws.

1 minute ago, Game_of_Homes said:

The theory is that this is FBs algorithms way of saying "this person has looked up your profile" without breaking any privacy laws.

Possibly so.

In my case I'm not real persons on FB.

Welcome by the way. :)

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

I doubt that is true? Isn't it Fs-of-Fs only?

Edited by whocares

Sometimes it's better to preserve the memory. A kind of I would die if I knew...

Of course, it can be nice. Met up with an old flame... other ends of the country, but only the occasional contact. (Possibly on Friends Reunited.) She hurt me, so it was cathartic. We are good now.

Had an interesting encounter at a funeral in an old haunt, which was rather an intense moment (unexpected), married so nothing came of it. Except a song!

Another found me on FB, met up and occasionally spend time together when I'm over on holiday; intense too, but ultimately frustrating. Again, always nice to have some inspiration!

2 hours ago, whocares said:

Sometimes it is probably just to dble check that the ex is (now) worse than you had remembered them to be and a dodged bullet?!  (Rather than imaging them as a missed opportunity?) 

I have checked out the girls from my class at school I had crushes on, they are all minging now.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

I have checked out the girls from my class at school I had crushes on, they are all minging now.

Don't do it!

spam.jpg.c5dc20c5ee51390bf6dbc12e29079c48.jpg

Ahhh, that brings back memories. xD

Edited by XswampyX

11 hours ago, davidg said:

No.

They are all buried under the patio.

My exact first thought when I saw the thread title.

more seriously, hell no, although I do like to cogitate on the bullets I've dodged.

i have tried to look up a couple of the ones who got away, though, but always to no avail. Maybe they were always figments of my imagination. Or maybe they're under dadvig s patio?

Once.

She was the daughter of a Russian oligarch and a quick look at her pics showed that she had latched on to a boy-millionaire with a penchant for shell-suits, Marlboro reds and insolence. She looked miserable as fuck.

Dodged bullet confirmed. Moving on...