• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

Its on the Cult of Steptoe thread.

And just look at these results:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44486075

A London boroiugh too. Jezzas Labour is fucked up North.

'Kin 'ell.

Steptoe is a laughing stock up here. That said my contempt for the Lib Dems knows no bounds. A party so snivelling and useless that the only way they can hope to garner votes is by saying they'll reverse brexit A democratic vote.

Lowest of the low.

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Shame. I quite like the Magic Numbers.

Surprised Lily Allen didn't get involved.

Hardly a surprise.

Politicians are okay in their place, but don't expect them to have any competency in actually organising anything.

It amazes me that any pro-immigration political party has any support left from the working class at all. Surely the penny has dropped for everyone by now?

Mind you they are all pro-immigration apart from UKIP who are a rabble (or have been, haven't checked on them recently), so not sure where there is to turn for anyone squeezed out in the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

It amazes me that any pro-immigration political party has any support left from the working class at all. Surely the penny has dropped for everyone by now?

Mind you they are all pro-immigration apart from UKIP who are a rabble (or have been, haven't checked on them recently), so not sure where there is to turn for anyone squeezed out in the last 20 years.

They dont.

Jezza and th Islington massive will fail as soon as they open their mouths.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

In my town the Eastern Europeans are taking most of the jobs and most of the (lower socioeconomic group) women. It's click I feel... the white working man only has to join the dots and not vote Labour again, by then they'll have an army of voters/supporters though. 

39 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Is this the one they hadn't sold all the tickets for?

Unite paid organisers £35k for 1000 tickets to be given away to Labour Party members.

Unite is also paying for transport to the festival for those given these tickets.

This prompted a deluge of refund requests from Cor byn supporters that paid £35 for a ticket, along with requests for free travel.

Organisers are refusing refunds, and ruled out free travel except for those free tickets.

10 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You've answered your own question ;)

I got an email asking if I wanted free in and free coach. Felt bad not doing it as the actual event looks quite good. Coach comes back at 9 though and I hate that when you have to leave for last bus/train just when it's really getting going. That is the number 1 problem with going out at night in London unless you actually live there.

6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I got an email asking if I wanted free in and free coach. Felt bad not doing it as the actual event looks quite good. Coach comes back at 9 though and I hate that when you have to leave for last bus/train just when it's really getting going. That is the number 1 problem with going out at night in London unless you actually live there.

Come on, I think your number one problem with going out in London would be getting blown up, stabbed or mugged by a moped rider. 

Just now, One percent said:

Come on, I think your number one problem with going out in London would be getting blown up, stabbed or mugged by a moped rider. 

Well not impossible but it's fake news isn't it really. I do actually know someone who had their phone nicked by a passing moped but that's about it really.

Last time I was "nearly" blown up in London was when I got sent on training course in Bishopsgate and the IRA blew it up 2 days before. I had to learn about network protocols with bits of glass all over floor and cardboard in windows.

7 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Well not impossible but it's fake news isn't it really. I do actually know someone who had their phone nicked by a passing moped but that's about it really.

Last time I was "nearly" blown up in London was when I got sent on training course in Bishopsgate and the IRA blew it up 2 days before. I had to learn about network protocols with bits of glass all over floor and cardboard in windows.

What do you mean fake news?  Are you suggesting that the 7/7 tube bombing, the borough market, the Westminster bridge, the 50 something stabbinging this year, the daily moped attacks, etc, are made up?  o.O

1 minute ago, One percent said:

What do you mean fake news?  Are you suggesting that the 7/7 tube bombing, the borough market, the Westminster bridge, the 50 something stabbinging this year, the daily moped attacks, etc, are made up?  o.O

No I am disagreeing with you that the number 1 problem going out in London would be getting blown up, stabbed or mugged by a moped rider.  

22 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

In my town the Eastern Europeans are taking most of the jobs 

22 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Yes. But you live in Prague.

You've been listening to that Milos Zeman again, haven't you?

[Central European joke]

11 hours ago, Funn3r said:

No I am disagreeing with you that the number 1 problem going out in London would be getting blown up, stabbed or mugged by a moped rider.  

Before the 'all night' tubes it was quite easy to come unstuck, needing Ubers, cabs, or designated drivers (aka unicorns).

Usually we end up booking a Travelodge etc.

I don't really worry about being stabbed, robbed, shot, blown up, knocked over by a van or truck, acid attacks.

It's probably because I just don't think it will happen to me.

On 15/06/2018 at 12:56, Hail the Tripod said:

Shame. I quite like the Magic Numbers.

As some wag on Twitter pointed out, magic numbers always seem to follow Steptoe