• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The big teacher thread

Recommended Posts

Starting off with:

'Teacher, 51, who pretended to perform oral sex on steps of a Jehovah’s Witness temple while ‘eight out of ten’ drunk after staff party is banned from the classroom for six months'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5847809/Teacher-pretended-perform-oral-sex-steps-Jehovahs-Witness-banned-classroom.html

Headline does not do it justice. Bit more than an air blowy. Or arir mug munch - being all inclusive these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Good job it wasn’t a different flavour of religious building and that she wasn’t chomping on a bacon sarnie or she wouldn’t have seen the light of day again. 

Well. the person she was simulating on might have been a bit porky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Any Witnesses?

 

Me. I live not far from there. Heck, you go past there every day for 50 years and nothing happens. Then oneday you decide to stay in and you miss all of the fun. Several of my neighbouts go to that JW Hall so I will be giving them a good grilling later on. I said grilling not pounding.

There are several trendy bars a few hundred yards away from there. I was quite surprised last summer that on the Friday and Saturday that the schools closed for the holidays that there were vast numbers of women, many in very revealing clothing, in these bars. There was one blonde, with a truly stunning figure in her late 30's to early 40's who wore the tightest of sparkly red dresses I have ever seen, who had the attention of every man who saw her - and she knew it.

Anyhow, they were teachers from schools across Swansea. Not comprehensive schools but junior schools where the staff seem to be almost entirely female. The behaviour of the ones I observed or talked with was fascinating. It was as if they had been in a female only prison for months and had just been let out. A definite female sexual predatory, um, heat was in the air. Most appeared to just do the usual - get drunk, act raunchy and then pour into taxies at closing time.

Some clearly had other ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Me. I live not far from there. Heck, you go past there every day for 50 years and nothing happens. Then oneday you decide to stay in and you miss all of the fun. Several of my neighbouts go to that JW Hall so I will be giving them a good grilling later on. I said grilling not pounding.

There are several trendy bars a few hundred yards away from there. I was quite surprised last summer that on the Friday and Saturday that the schools closed for the holidays that there were vast numbers of women, many in very revealing clothing, in these bars. There was one blonde, with a truly stunning figure in her late 30's to early 40's who wore the tightest of sparkly red dresses I have ever seen, who had the attention of every man who saw her - and she knew it.

Anyhow, they were teachers from schools across Swansea. Not comprehensive schools but junior schools where the staff seem to be almost entirely female. The behaviour of the ones I observed or talked with was fascinating. It was as if they had been in a female only prison for months and had just been let out. A definite female sexual predatory, um, heat was in the air. Most appeared to just do the usual - get drunk, act raunchy and then pour into taxies at closing time.

Some clearly had other ideas.

I used to go drinking in the Uplands Tavern a lot in the early 90s. Uplands must have changed beyond recognition in the last 25 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I used to go drinking in the Uplands Tavern a lot in the early 90s. Uplands must have changed beyond recognition in the last 25 years

 

Yes, the area was run down considerably by slum landlords turning the huge houses in Uplands and Brynmill into HMO's. I used to live there and, frankly, it became hell.

But in the last 3 - 4 years, precisely because the area became run-down, most of the independent shops have closed down. But some people have set up wine-bars / pubs, which cost a lot of money IMPO for a drink, and people want to be seen there to be seen being able to afford the price of a drink. I have been shocked by just how many women I have over-heard talking about going on a first date to the Uplands as a judgement of how much cash a new date is willing to spend.

Myself and my friends now avoid the area because there are some crazy prices for a pint. I have even turned down dates when the woman has insisted on going there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Are there any ex-teachers or teachers on here? I have always wondered how it can apparently be so stressful, teaching colouring-in and Ancient Rome, for 6 hours a day, the same thing every single year. It doesn't sound stressful.

Just asking this in 'real life' could get you lynched. The only thing worse than this, is asking why NHS nurses are so overweight despite being run off their feet all day .  :ph34r:

Why have you gone back to the worst avatar picture ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

Are there any ex-teachers or teachers on here? I have always wondered how it can apparently be so stressful, teaching colouring-in and Ancient Rome, for 6 hours a day, the same thing every single year. It doesn't sound stressful.

Just asking this in 'real life' could get you lynched. The only thing worse than this, is asking why NHS nurses are so overweight despite being run off their feet all day .  :ph34r:

 

I dated a slim nurse who claimed that she was driven out of nursing by "all the fat nurses". She claimed that several of them wore those pedometers and it turned out that she was doing 3 - 4 times as many steps as the 'fat nurses' during a shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Are there any ex-teachers or teachers on here? I have always wondered how it can apparently be so stressful, teaching colouring-in and Ancient Rome, for 6 hours a day, the same thing every single year. It doesn't sound stressful.

Just asking this in 'real life' could get you lynched. The only thing worse than this, is asking why NHS nurses are so overweight despite being run off their feet all day .  :ph34r:

Yes I taught for 23 years. Secondary Science (Physics). The pressure increased throughout my teaching career to a level that it became intolerable because of the bullying from senior management. That meant that once I reached the level of contemplating the move from head of science and then deputy head and headship it quickly became obvious that it was time to leave the profession.

My head of my penultimate school was subsequently sacked because all his heads of faculty and competent teachers left so the school went into special measures. 4 people were employed to replace me when I left. It really came down to the fact that he resented paying me an extra few £k compared to other head of faculty as I had been recruited by his predecessor.

I then found I had jumped out the frying pan into the fire but by then it was only a temporary move for me anyway. In the meantime the school I had joined amalgamated as an academy and all of their previous techniques of bullying no longer worked and they all left as the academy virtually collapsed. I had moved on before then.

After 12 years change of career I have just enjoyed helping my eldest with her A level Chemistry (her last paper is next Wednesday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

From the thread title is was expecting this.

(But much happier with the reality)

Image result for fat teacher

There's genuinely a guy that huge that works in the cornershop near me. It's got air-con but sometimes you wonder if it works.

It's sad really, as he's only about 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

I dated a slim nurse who claimed that she was driven out of nursing by "all the fat nurses". She claimed that several of them wore those pedometers and it turned out that she was doing 3 - 4 times as many steps as the 'fat nurses' during a shift.

Bet she wasnt helping herself to the OAPS puddings too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

Yes I taught for 23 years. Secondary Science (Physics). The pressure increased throughout my teaching career to a level that it became intolerable because of the bullying from senior management. That meant that once I reached the level of contemplating the move from head of science and then deputy head and headship it quickly became obvious that it was time to leave the profession.

My head of my penultimate school was subsequently sacked because all his heads of faculty and competent teachers left so the school went into special measures. 4 people were employed to replace me when I left. It really came down to the fact that he resented paying me an extra few £k compared to other head of faculty as I had been recruited by his predecessor.

I then found I had jumped out the frying pan into the fire but by then it was only a temporary move for me anyway. In the meantime the school I had joined amalgamated as an academy and all of their previous techniques of bullying no longer worked and they all left as the academy virtually collapsed. I had moved on before then.

After 12 years change of career I have just enjoyed helping my eldest with her A level Chemistry (her last paper is next Wednesday).

From the sounds of it, 99% of the stress comes from management/headteachers/governors. I know someone in my family who is a teacher, in 10 years he's worked his way up from leaving university to assistant-head but has rejected it many times as it's only about another £5k a year but a lot more stress, apparently. And he looks quite stressed out whenever I see him now, has lost weight, going grey early, etc. I wasn't try to sound facetious with my question, by the way. It sounds like it isn't ever the kids that cause the stress, just the people above you, but isn't that the case in every job pretty much? That's what I don't understand about teaching, why is excess stress unique to that? Do a straw poll of 50 people working in the public service and 90% of them would say they hate their boss and management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

From the sounds of it, 99% of the stress comes from management/headteachers/governors. I know someone in my family who is a teacher, in 10 years he's worked his way up from leaving university to assistant-head but has rejected it many times as it's only about another £5k a year but a lot more stress, apparently. And he looks quite stressed out whenever I see him now, has lost weight, going grey early, etc. I wasn't try to sound facetious with my question, by the way. It sounds like it isn't ever the kids that cause the stress, just the people above you, but isn't that the case in every job pretty much? That's what I don't understand about teaching, why is excess stress unique to that? Do a straw poll of 50 people working in the public service and 90% of them would say they hate their boss and management.

Yes 99% management and headteachers. The bullying and intimidation is indescribable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

Yes 99% management and headteachers. The bullying and intimidation is indescribable.

That's really shocking.

And what's the advantage to the kids if they're in contact with stressed adults? 

I guess the problem is that these managers have done little else with their lives and can't distinguish between disciplining children and how to manage adults. So they discipline and bully their peers.....treating them like naughty children.

Teachers are over-managed and over inspected.  It must be Hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any difference in things in the private sector? From my limited experience, non-state school teachers, whether working in tinpot language summer schools* or top public schools tend to be less lefty in their outlook and don't seem to have so much of the public-sector mentality. Or has that changed now?

*as an unqualified person I have taught English in places like these so that is my only experience of teaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I haven't seen that before, I wish I still hadn't.

hmm, you seem to have stumbled upon your next new avatar.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Goodnight, sweet prince.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjbUA7T9NmDeknC24D8uZ

he should see a quack about that penis, im pretty sure it shouldnt be that square (or black for that matter, unless  its maybe a throwback).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.