• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Fly-tipping

A tribute to the scum of Britain who insist on driving miles from town to dump stuff at the side of roads.

As a cyclist I come across some unbelievable stuff.

Here we have the entire contents of a female childs bedroom.

fly-tipping.jpg.75c130fb0c6eeaf3ba0f8db5635b2d0c.jpg

Just now, swissy_fit said:

What is the motive for this?

Why not take it to the dump? I feel like this is a really stupid question but I genuinely don't know. Have British councils been effing stupid enough to make it difficult to get rid of stuff? 

They charge...

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Wtf? Why are British administrators morons? Do whatever is necessary to get the money, tax, whatever, but DON'T provide twats with the tiniest financial motive to behave like a c*nt, they don't need it.

Yes, I couldn't understand it as my council would take large items for free (bed, white goods etc) twice per year so looked it up. They now charge o.O

This is something to behold 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-essex-30967224/drone-flies-over-mile-of-rubbish

Just now, One percent said:

Yes, I couldn't understand it as my council would take large items for free (bed, white goods etc) twice per year so looked it up. They now charge o.O

You know that nice countryside you post the pics of? Kiss it goodbye. Unbelievable incompetence and incomprehension of the basic weaknesses of human nature. :PissedOff:

13 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Why not take it to the dump? I feel like this is a really stupid question but I genuinely don't know. Have British councils been effing stupid enough to make it difficult to get rid of stuff? 

You can't take van loads of stuff in .. they argue that a van is not domestic.

people pay a few quid to have stuff took away and then they keep the money and flytip

8 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

As someone who has to use the commercial tip quite a lot, I can honestly say it's becoming a right pain in the arse to legitimately get rid of waste.

The councils, in their infinite wisdom, have made it a total (and expensive) ball-ache for the legitimate guys like me apparently in order to tackle the fucking scum who tip anywhere they like.

The bravura results of this are it's a ball-ache for people like me and the scum continue to throw it over a hedge.

And lets not fuck about, 90% of this crap comes from pikey jobs.

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

You know that nice countryside you post the pics of? Kiss it goodbye. Unbelievable incompetence and incomprehension of the basic weaknesses of human nature. :PissedOff:

I've tried to find the picture, to no avail, of the massive fly tip of a few months ago where that lake in the picture meets a road.  Fly tipping is endemic. It must cost the local council a fortune. Mind, a lot of it isn't the odd fridge but a mountain of shite. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've tried to find the picture, to no avail, of the massive fly tip of a few months ago where that lake in the picture meets a road.  Fly tipping is endemic. It must cost the local council a fortune. Mind, a lot of it isn't the odd fridge but a mountain of shite. 

56k last year for oldham. or last month. must check which.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/102401/flytippers-cost-you-58730

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They don't charge up north (to my knowledge) but will not let you in with a van.

They do for rubble/hardcore. You're limited to ten small bags a year. After that you're charged.

You can get in with a van but not if it's liveried. I've seen blatant trade waste from unmarked vans in the council tip. They might have clamped down on this though.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

As someone who has to use the commercial tip quite a lot, I can honestly say it's becoming a right pain in the arse to legitimately get rid of waste.

The councils, in their infinite wisdom, have made it a total (and expensive) ball-ache for the legitimate guys like me apparently in order to tackle the fucking scum who tip anywhere they like.

The bravura results of this are it's a ball-ache for people like me and the scum continue to throw it over a hedge.

And lets not fuck about, 90% of this crap comes from pikey jobs.

That's my view of all the mess round me. Pikey jobs on the cheap. There are loads of them round about 

Didn't used to be a problem before

1. We enjoyed many EES come to our shores.

2. Councils started charging for getting rid of stuff you thought you paid council tax for to get rid of.

Take your pick a bit of both I expect.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

That's my view of all the mess round me. Pikey jobs on the cheap. There are loads of them round about 

Yup, it's no particular surprise that the roads around the outskirts of Blackpool look like a landfill site. 

Must be getting to a point where it is costing more money to clear up fly-tipping than to actually make it easy for people to dispose of their various waste.

Much of it to do with EU green initiatives.

In response to Sarah's post on cost, I did a search and my council reckon that they make money from it. Not convinced but anyhow, the link shows the fly tip I mentioned upthread

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15002061.On_the_spot_fly_tipping_fines_boost_council_s_coffers/?ref=rl&lp=3

1 minute ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Must be getting to a point where it is costing more money to clear up fly-tipping than to actually make it easy for people to dispose of their various waste.

Much of it to do with EU green initiatives.

Thank god we are leaving. Oh, wait...

32 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

A tribute to the scum of Britain who insist on driving miles from town to dump stuff at the side of roads.

As a cyclist I come across some unbelievable stuff.

Here we have the entire contents of a female childs bedroom.

fly-tipping.jpg.75c130fb0c6eeaf3ba0f8db5635b2d0c.jpg

See now that grips my shit. There is nothing there that couldn't go to a regular council tip in a car. The fucking useless twat even loaded it up already!

Lazy, lazy bastards.

Had some broken concrete paving slabs to get rid of, couldn't be bothered with the tip so spend 10 minutes with a lump hammer breaking them into bits and put the bits in some of the pot holes in one of the councils playing field car-parks.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

They do for rubble/hardcore. You're limited to ten small bags a year. After that you're charged.

You can get in with a van but not if it's liveried. I've seen blatant trade waste from unmarked vans in the council tip. They might have clamped down on this though.

Our council inspect your bags before you can dump your stuff.  In case you are dumping chargeable waste.  The workers hate it. They spend their days collecting £4 per bag of rubble plaster etc and filling in forms taking payments. I've noticed the skips taking rubble are empty. I wonder where it's all going?

1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

Our council inspect your bags before you can dump your stuff.  In case you are dumping chargeable waste.  The workers hate it. They spend their days collecting £4 per bag of rubble plaster etc and filling in forms taking payments. I've noticed the skips taking rubble are empty. I wonder where it's all going?

Laybys mostly.

Plasterboard costs a fortune to dump at the commercial tip. If you're doing a house renovation the cost of getting rid of old plasterboard is eye watering.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

See now that grips my shit. There is nothing there that couldn't go to a regular council tip in a car. The fucking useless twat even loaded it up already!

Lazy, lazy bastards.

The problem is that pikeys only have vans. They charge for them. 

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

what is landfill charge per tonne.! 100? 

it costs oldham 300 a tonne to burn it.

I think it's around 130 - 140 last time I looked.

Edit- and it goes up every year.

Edited by Sgt Hartman