• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Selling our piers one at a time

Just now, ashestoashes said:

He has banned dogs, cycles and fishing from the pier and charges an entrance fee.

let's hope he doesn't go to whitby (see doggy thread)

He would not be welcome. Although the extensions are about to topple into the sea and scabbie council would rip his arm off if he offered a fiver for them 

10 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

He has banned dogs, cycles and fishing from the pier and charges an entrance fee.

Is there a list of what IS allowed?

There is something quite special - seaside special - about a pier. They really should be for all - to promenade and take in the wonderful sea air.

Though, a bit like women, they can be high maintenance - and fiery!

Why would the administrator sell it to one bloke for £50k when £500k was on the table?  That's not why administrators do.

Weston pier was a traditional seaside pier until it burnt down but the rebuilt one is excellent; against my expectations I thoroughly enjoyed a good couple of hours there.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Let's sell all our Peers instead!

Piers-Morgan-920x584.jpg

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Why would the administrator sell it to one bloke for £50k when £500k was on the table?  That's not why administrators do.

Weston pier was a traditional seaside pier until it burnt down but the rebuilt one is excellent; against my expectations I thoroughly enjoyed a good couple of hours there.

Piers-Morgan-920x584.jpg

Who is that man? I never read the news.

16 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

There is something quite special - seaside special - about a pier. They really should be for all - to promenade and take in the wonderful sea air.

Though, a bit like women, they can be high maintenance - and fiery!

and offer a nice view when you get on them.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in piers and doesn't give a crap who owns them? Much rather a beach with a natural landscape (dunes'n'shit) than one with a fucking ugly penis looking thing penetrating it.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

This appears well dodgy. Hastings pier. The locals raise nearly half a million to purchase it for the local community yet it is sold via the back door to some business bloke for 50k. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/16/furious-locals-lose-bid-to-buy-hastings-pier-for-community

That is outrageous. That amount of seeming corruption or incompetence should be rewarded with a long jail term.

For me the real story is that the Lottery spent £12m rebuilding this pier... And it gets sold for £50k.....

Tbh, I'd imagine owning a pier would be an absolute money pit.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in piers and doesn't give a crap who owns them? Much rather a beach with a natural landscape (dunes'n'shit) than one with a fucking ugly penis looking thing penetrating it.

You will never be a proper Victorian. Whist the British Museum was chopping the penises off old statues, er, and keeping them in a drawer, other Victorians were building these iron phallic constructions, for fully clothed but dirty minded people to promenade on!o.O

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

For me the real story is that the Lottery spent £12m rebuilding this pier... And it gets sold for £50k.....

Tbh, I'd imagine owning a pier would be an absolute money pit.

I'd have thought that will all depend upon the insurance premium and the insured sum

Edited by Hopeful

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

Is upskirting still allowed?

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

You could get some kind of rocket powered luge on castors, and a fast camera.:Old:

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Best place for that is the glass-sided escalators in my local Primark store.

On a related theme, an old friend of mine (late 70s) was going on a holiday to the Maldives and had bought himself a new underwater pocket camera. Understandably, he wanted to get used to using this new technoogy and so he went to the local swimming pool where he dived down to the bottom and started filming and photographing the large ladies swimming over head. He couldn't understand why he was thrown out.

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Best place for that is the glass-sided escalators in my local Primark store.

You'll only get lower class gusset at Primark. Hastings is full of posh knickers. You might catch a glimpse if you stand under the pier and look through the cracks.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

This appears well dodgy. Hastings pier. The locals raise nearly half a million to purchase it for the local community yet it is sold via the back door to some business bloke for 50k. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/16/furious-locals-lose-bid-to-buy-hastings-pier-for-community

Ive been to Hastings a couple of times.

If they are selling it off itll be for cheap smack.