• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
unregistered_guest

Happy Father's Day

7 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Are embarrassing Uncle and Uncle Dickhead one and the same or are they worthy of separate days?

And what about Auntie Gobshite or Pissed up Aunt?

Yes - all aunts and uncles are catered for on July 26.

Now - Godfather's Day - you've missed.

It was two weeks ago.

So, if you want to leave a dismembered horse's head in a loved one's bed, you have another 50 weeks to wait for the next opportunity.

;)

Posted (edited)

I have a daughter who  I adore. We decided I wouldn't see her today. :(

So I had a lovely day out with her yesterday instead. :):):)

The reason being, her boyfriend has not had contact with his father for years, and he is also a single parent, and his ex will not allow him to see his daughter. Fathers day can be an unhappy time for some fathers.

My daughter's time is better spent keeping him company today. I can see my daughter any time.

Edited by Happy Renting

6 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I have a daughter who  I adore. We decided I wouldn't see her today. :(

So I had a lovely day out with her yesterday instead. :):):)

The reason being, her boyfriend has not had contact with his father for years, and he is also a single parent, and his ex will not allow him to see his daughter. Fathers day can be an unhappy time for some fathers.

My daughter's time is better spent keeping him company today. I can see my daughter any time.

We now celebrate mum's day on another day to Mother's day to avoid the rip off, crap food, prices, crowds, 3pm lunch sitting, etc.  Very nice.

To my late father:

thank you for employing me in your business from the age of 10 where I learned more about life, people, men, human nature than I ever did at my posh school or Uni.

thanks for teaching me how to change a tyre, not to fear authority and when I got binned by my first boyfriend said, ”don’t you be bloody phoning him up”

Cheers for my Irish ancestry: we know how to party!