DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Income tax to go up to pay for the NHS

Game_of_Homes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inoperational Bumblebee
10 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Ditto - I'm ill at the moment and will be calling my doctor tomorrow morning and fully expecting to get an appointment within a few hours of my call.

Called at 8, appointment at 9.

11 minutes ago, No Duff said:

Some would say no politician would do that.  I say we're getting to the point where they have no choice.  We've even tried printing the money FFS.  Other countries have had their "come to Jesus" moment.  We'll surely have ours. 

Here's a another thread I started.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/206806-tax-credit-sad-face/

Have a read. Its great.

Tax credits are a good thing.

But the devil is in a the detail:

Only provide a ~10k topup if the family is working 38h/w - let it be split between mam/dad.

Phase out the money after ~25k.

Dont allow non nationals to claim.

7 hours ago, macca said:

I hit the magic 60k, so never got those child tax credits.  Anyway I was reading about this the other day as I noticed last year I earned 56k. This was because I upped my pension.. So next election day when I can alter my pension contribution I am going to ramp it up so I get below 50k, This should allow me to claim £2500 for 3 kids.. or something like that.. But since I pay 40% on the 6k I will add to the pension I only see just over 3k of that anyway.. so will only be a few hundred worse off each year in hand after the £2500 tax credits I will gain, but 1000's better off in my pension.. Happy days!

No need to wait, most pensions providers allow you to top-up with a  volountary contribution. That's what I do every March - check where I'm at and then top up with a contribution tailored specifically to land me at the higher rate threshold.

As a higher-rate tixpayer, I need to contribute 80% of the desired gross amount, my pension provider automatically collects the missing base 20% from the tax man, then later I get the higher-rate 20% back via tax return.

Game_of_Homes

The problem with UC is savings. If you have been frugal and saved you need to buy a fucking expensive house or spend all your savings until you reach the threshold in order to access UC whereas everyone else gets the free money. Hell, if you are already on tax credits and have more than 2 kids, you can keep claiming tax credits and the capital limit doesn't apply. If you have 2 kids or less you will get migrated onto UC and the capital limits apply so you are basically penalised for not having too many kids and being responsible with your money :PissedOff:.

13 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I have a one month wait to see my GP now. This renders the service effectively useless.

Last time I went was just before Christmas, about a problem that I'm still concerned about, but their response was to take some blood and then never get back to me. No follow ups, no further investigation as to why the symptom is happening, just "well his blood work is fine so fuck him".

CAnt you just say you need to see him/her the same day as you're ill.

Works at my clinic.

Alternatively pushdoctor is £20 a time or £240 a year.

15 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

It certainly is if you can rock up on a flight from for example Nigeria, get treatment, fuck off back and pay not much more than the cost of the flight.

That's true for primary care, absolutely anyone can turn up at a GP and register. The GP will give give you a load of flannel about photo ID and proof of address but they have no right to turn you away if you refuse. I know because I did it a few weeks ago after moving house. 

Try that with secondary care though (hospital) and you've no chance nor has your feller from Nigeria. 

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

UKGOVs problem is theyve allowed the (income) tax base to become tiny.

All down to that useless cunt Brown and his tax credits.

Simple fix:

Bump TC hours up to 35h/w. Reduce payout to ~10k.

Deny all benefits to non nationals.

Move to a mainly contribution based welfare system. Addign a time limit which will see bare minimal paid out after 2-3 years claims. Put a max 10 year working life claim

Make housing benefit a percentage of local median wage.

Scrap all Browns bribes -winter fuel, free license, pension credit.

You mean something like Germany does then?...and perhaps the rest of Europe?....you should be a politician, you would get my vote!

23 minutes ago, MrXxx said:

You mean something like Germany does then?...and perhaps the rest of Europe?....you should be a politician, you would get my vote!

This is why the UK polititians are so disingenouos, they could stop the mass immigration by adopting a contribution based system for benefits. We used to have one of course . Stop health tourists at the point of entry , no insurance, no entry back home on next flight.

One percent
5 minutes ago, satch said:

This is why the UK polititians are so disingenouos, they could stop the mass immigration by adopting a contribution based system for benefits. We used to have one of course . Stop health tourists at the point of entry , no insurance, no entry back home on next flight.

Re health tourism, I would charge the cost back to the carrier who brought them into the country. Get them to check travel documents. Simples. 

33 minutes ago, satch said:

Well once Brexit happens (if it does) then they will 'tie in' the issue of a visa being dependent on supplying a certificate/proof of health insurance...no, that would be too simple an idea surely!

9 hours ago, MrXxx said:

What you mean like the railways then?.....or the prison service?...or?...

I think anyone looking at the way society behaves would conclude that people prefer goods/ services provided by private enterprise.....

All our food is provided by private enterprise. Where people have the choice they prefer living in "private" housing instead of state provided housing. Generally where people have the choice they prefer sending their kids to private schools and not state schools.

Generally rich people prefer private healthcare instead of depending on the NHS..,. Yet we're constantly told the NHS is awesome.... I don't remember the Queen being stuck in a ward with twenty other people....

Imho, the railways provide a better service under private ownership...

2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

I think anyone looking at the way society behaves would conclude that people prefer goods/ services provided by private enterprise.....

All our food is provided by private enterprise. Where people have the choice they prefer living in "private" housing instead of state provided housing. Generally where people have the choice they prefer sending their kids to private schools and not state schools.

Generally rich people prefer private healthcare instead of depending on the NHS..,. Yet we're constantly told the NHS is awesome.... I don't remember the Queen being stuck in a ward with twenty other people....

Imho, the railways provide a better service under private ownership...

You assume that everyone is sensible (or financially capable) enough to allow for a "rainy day" and/or to have insurance for such...what are you going to do for those that don't and need an emergency operation?

Talking Monkey
23 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Hope you’ve looked at FH’s thread.

Personally I have 44 years of full nI contributions. Not enough though. According to gov site I need two more years contributions before April 2023 to draw a full state pension.

Never mind the additional state pension I’d built up. Gone. Poof! Rules changed! Robbed of that!

To add to my fuming anger my occupational pension has an abatement clause. That means when I draw my state pension they are entitled to reduce my occupational pension!

You have to be very viligant and research. 

IMO, the aim is a return to Victorian times. No money peasants......oh dear tough! You’re useless eaters and have no value if you don’t pay tax and ni so hopefully you’ll just die!

Exactly this, I think with automation there will be increasing amounts of people each year being seen as useless eaters. Linking in with Frank's thread on oil running out, if theres a global famine in 30 years time the elites won't give a fuck, they'll let 100s of millions die, as it will be beneficial to have a cull

Democorruptcy

Scotland's minimum price for alcohol introduced on May 1st is going to reduce hospital admissions

https://news.sky.com/story/scotland-becomes-first-country-to-introduce-minimum-unit-alcohol-price-to-cut-deaths-11354421

So why are their staff looking at a 9% pay rise over 3 years when the English are 6%?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44600918

Surely the alcohol tax on people who like/can only afford cheaper wine etc wasn't just to pay for larger NHS pay rises?

Inoperational Bumblebee
4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Scotland's minimum price for alcohol introduced on May 1st is going to reduce hospital admissions

https://news.sky.com/story/scotland-becomes-first-country-to-introduce-minimum-unit-alcohol-price-to-cut-deaths-11354421

So why are their staff looking at a 9% pay rise over 3 years when the English are 6%?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44600918

Surely the alcohol tax on people who like/can only afford cheaper wine etc wasn't just to pay for larger NHS pay rises?

Explosions from home stills, and poisoning from dodgy imported spirits may well balance that out!

One percent
1 minute ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Explosions from home stills, and poisoning from dodgy imported spirits may well balance that out!

Speaking of which, did it ever come out about what had happened to that shop? 

No Duff (troll)

So the So-Called BBC spends your money on a study of the NHS by a bunch if think tanks.  Today the IFS says good news and bad news when compared with other countries:

. Free at use, minimises financial burden.

. Cr*p at treating cancer, cardio disease, etc.  Has the lowest number of CT scanners, etc.

FFS, trying so hard to find a plus, which is not really a plus - free but it won't do you much good and save you!

Apparently it, rather than any medicine itself, is "much loved", you know, like the So-Called BBC!

Oh and now the wasteful MOD wants more because our national d*ck is too small!

One percent
14 minutes ago, No Duff said:

So the So-Called BBC spends your money on a study of the NHS by a bunch if think tanks.  Today the IFS says good news and bad news when compared with other countries:

. Free at use, minimises financial burden.

. Cr*p at treating cancer, cardio disease, etc.  Has the lowest number of CT scanners, etc.

FFS, trying so hard to find a plus, which is not really a plus - free but it won't save you!

Apparently it, rather than any medicine itself, is "much loved", you know, like the So-Called BBC!

Oh and now the wasteful MOD wants more because our national d*ck is too small!

You can say crap and dick on here.  We are the last bastion of free speech. 

Re the NHS, I think we are at end days. I for one am not prepared to pay more for the crap service they offer. 

No Duff (troll)
15 minutes ago, One percent said:

You can say crap and dick on here.  We are the last bastion of free speech. 

I think it insightful that just because you can, some choose not to.  Those simpleton PC rule makers out there could learn a bit.  But they know better.  Hats off to DOSBODS.  Not that I have an issue with dick and crap, just that they detract sometimes.

One percent
4 minutes ago, No Duff said:

I think it insightful that just because you can, some choose not to.  Those simpleton PC rule makers out there could learn a bit.  But they know better.  Hats off to DOSBODS.  Not that I have an issue with dick and crap, just that they detract sometimes.

So why use it.  Either using and spell it out, or if you feel it detracts, find another word.  Using a word and filling it with asterisks is more of a distraction imho. 

No Duff (troll)
17 minutes ago, One percent said:

So why use it.  Either using and spell it out, or if you feel it detracts, find another word.  Using a word and filling it with asterisks is more of a distraction imho. 

Bastion of who's free speech!  Imho.

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fluff off...

Archived