• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Mirror Mirror

Less than 5% of robberies solved by Police in 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5853179/Less-one-20-street-robberies-burglaries-solved-police-new-figures-reveal.html

As title. Less than (or should that be fewer than?) 5% of robberies in England and Wales solved by Police in England and Wales in 2017.

Perhaps they should concentrate on some old fashioned policing instead of harrassing people for posting the wrong opinions on Facebook?

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

i have a recording of threat of violence against husband and they just wrote a letter saying its not  a hate crime so tough they won't look at it

Pathetic.  

It is worse than that -- I had stuff stolen from the garden, just kids toys from the garden-- some scroat clearly stopped, navigated the garden and chucked it in the boot.  Anyway, I reported it but they didn't even bother replying.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

It is worse than that -- I had stuff stolen from the garden, just kids toys from the garden-- some scroat clearly stopped, navigated the garden and chucked it in the boot.  Anyway, I reported it but they didn't even bother replying.

http://www.gmp.police.uk/

The link will direct you to GMP. Live chat available at the bottom of the page. Useful if you can't get through on 101 and a crime number will be issued

never going to waste 15p again.

i have a crime reference number for it (and lots for shed break ins)

but that does me no good.

9 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

i have a recording of threat of violence against husband and they just wrote a letter saying its not  a hate crime so tough they won't look at it

Send a letter thanking them for their reply and say that you will be holding it on file for future reference should the threat be realised

Posted (edited)

A monkey with a pin could possibly do better.  But then do they have enough of the right (ie. less new and shiney) resources given the increased population?  NHS all over again?  The social on-costs of FOM are adding up.  Of course if all this FOM was so good, all the extra income tax would fix that.

Edited by No Duff

7 hours ago, No Duff said:

A monkey with a pin could possibly do better.  But then do they have enough of the right (ie. less new and shiney) resources given the increased population?  NHS all over again?  The social on-costs of FOM are adding up.  Of course if all this FOM was so good, all the extra income tax would fix that.

👍

12 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5853179/Less-one-20-street-robberies-burglaries-solved-police-new-figures-reveal.html

As title. Less than (or should that be fewer than?) 5% of robberies in England and Wales solved by Police in England and Wales in 2017.

Perhaps they should concentrate on some old fashioned policing instead of harrassing people for posting the wrong opinions on Facebook?

I'd prefer:

Over 95% of robberies are unsolved by the police

There has beeen a spate of robberies around where I am. To give the police their due, they caught the piece of shit.

To be honest I think most burglaries result in getting a crime number and letting the insurers deal with it. 

9 hours ago, Panther said:

Send a letter thanking them for their reply and say that you will be holding it on file for future reference should the threat be realised

That's quite a good idea. Someone in the force did suggest I challenge it, but I don't want to piss the police off cos sooner or later I'll actually really need them. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

That's quite a good idea. Someone in the force did suggest I challenge it, but I don't want to piss the police off cos sooner or later I'll actually really need them. 

When I was at school, the kids in the class who were from crim families always called the police pigs. Coming from a law abiding family, I always thought that comparison was unpleasant, I winced. I don't think that anymore.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)

Reported plenty of stuff over the years to the Met police, from relatively minor to extremely serious. Never once had any sort of result out of them, in a majority of cases only contact was the initial one when I reported it. 

I suspect a vast majority of people reporting crime to the police these days only do so as an insurance requirement or to cover themselves. Most recent one for me was a incident where both my number plates were stolen, had it been one I wouldn't have bothered only really bothered with the pair in case something happened down the line. 

Edited by gilf

1 minute ago, gilf said:

Reported plenty of stuff over the years to the Met police, from relatively minor to extremely serious. Never once had an sort of result out of them, in a majority of cases only contact was the initial one when I reported it. 

I suspect a vast majority of people reporting crime to the police these days only do so as an insurance requirement or to cover themselves. Most recent one for me was a incident where both my number plates were stolen, had it been one I wouldn't have bothered only really bothered with the pair in case something happened down the line. 

I don't ask the police for help anymore. I never report stolen goods, but then I also have no insurance. Most stolen goods on land have been small, like binoculars, SSD drives, other stuff like boat stuff can be large, but try getting any interest for stuff stolen at sea. As I've reported elsewhere, I've had a stalker for 7 years that has made numerous online threats but until a physical attack the police have said they are not interested.

So, neither will I ever help the police.

In the past this would have been a resigning matter for the Home Secretary, doubt it now 

Doesn’t take criminals long to work out all the police resources are being used to investigate dead celebrities who might have been a bit free with their hands 

The theft of a wing mirror from a Toyota car made the news in Cambodia at the weekend, with photo shoots of the police investigation.

Again, why is it possible to investigate crime here and not in the country where the police force was invented?

29 minutes ago, Malthus said:

In the past this would have been a resigning matter for the Home Secretary, doubt it now 

Doesn’t take criminals long to work out all the police resources are being used to investigate dead celebrities who might have been a bit free with their hands 

In fairness there were two police that spent the whole day on Wandsworth Common last Thursday stopping and telling people they were not allowed to ride bikes on the footpath. 

So that's one less thing we all have to worry about. 

Just now, Bkkandrew said:

The theft of a wing mirror from a Toyota car made the news in Cambodia at the weekend, with photo shoots of the police investigation.

Again, why is it possible to investigate crime here and not in the country where the police force was invented?

Because the British Police Farce aren't about protecting the innocent any longer.

They're about protecting the elite from dissidents.

2 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

The police response in Japan to a minor crash between two cyclists amused me the first time I witnessed it happen. Cones, section of road cordoned off, police directing traffic etc

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Because the British Police Farce aren't about protecting the innocent any longer.

They're about protecting the elite from dissidents.

There was quite a bit about this in the 'Sunday Times' as well, with the Editorial making the obvious comment that the Police has morphed from being a crime solving entity to a censor of the state.

In their report, in 1 area, Derbyshire Dales, I think it was, not a single burglary had been solved in 2017!

If I were of criminal tendencies, that would be a green light to me to go on a crime spree.

Edited by Mirror Mirror