• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Shopping with the desperate part VI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5854461/The-rejuvenated-East-end-Homeless-people-set-camp-mall-yards-700m-Olympic-Stadium.html

From the entrance of the Stratford Centre shopping mall, you can almost hear the roar of the crowds inside the London Stadium.

The venue is home to West Ham Football Club today, but in the balmy summer of 2012, when the eyes of the world were on this corner of East London, it was the glistening centrepiece of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

In the stadium, when Usain Bolt won gold, was a chauffeur called Michael who was given a complimentary ticket for the 100m final from a friend of his then girlfriend.

Michael, who is in his 50s, has now fallen on hard times and is sleeping rough on a piece of cardboard, a short stroll away from those stands where he cheered Bolt to victory.

'I can't believe where I have ended up,' he says, his eyes welling up.

Nowhere could the dividing line between rich and poor, between the 'haves' and 'have-nots', be more obvious or brutally drawn than here, in the heart of the supposedly new, regenerated post-Olympic East End, where Michael is bedding down for the night.

Really sad. One thing I have noticed is that almost all the homeless people I see are white. I wonder why this is? A hell of a lot of them are really young too, like in their 20s or 30s. I suppose some of them are on the streets because of drugs but don't know whether they take drugs because they are on the streets or whether it was drug addiction which forced them to be homeless. I do wonder, if we have so many native homeless individuals, why so much social housing has been given to people who have not been in the country very long and how this has been allowed to happen. Surely as we have a housing crisis, the last thing we need is even more dependents to house, especially when there is no social housing being built?

1 hour ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Really sad. One thing I have noticed is that almost all the homeless people I see are white. I wonder why this is? A hell of a lot of them are really young too, like in their 20s or 30s. I suppose some of them are on the streets because of drugs but don't know whether they take drugs because they are on the streets or whether it was drug addiction which forced them to be homeless. I do wonder, if we have so many native homeless individuals, why so much social housing has been given to people who have not been in the country very long and how this has been allowed to happen. Surely as we have a housing crisis, the last thing we need is even more dependents to house, especially when there is no social housing being built?

According to a friend in Oxford, there are quite a few eastern European homeless men camping out in the woods around the town. My guess is a lot of the ethnic homeless are living in 'beds in sheds' or under shop counters etc, they probably have a better support network among their own people and will get given bits of cash in hand black market work from time to time. If they are drug addicts they might even be able to function this way for a long time. The white British homeless one sees begging seem to be a homogenous subculture who have exhausted the safety net of the welfare state through drug addiction and/or mental illness, and don't have a support network in quite the same way. 

The sad thing is we will be unlikely to see any kind of analysis of this in the MSM, because racism.  

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

According to a friend in Oxford, there are quite a few eastern European homeless men camping out in the woods around the town. My guess is a lot of the ethnic homeless are living in 'beds in sheds' or under shop counters etc, they probably have a better support network among their own people and will get given bits of cash in hand black market work from time to time. If they are drug addicts they might even be able to function this way for a long time. The white British homeless one sees begging seem to be a homogenous subculture who have exhausted the safety net of the welfare state through drug addiction and/or mental illness, and don't have a support network in quite the same way. 

The sad thing is we will be unlikely to see any kind of analysis of this in the MSM, because racism.  

Absolutely. Anyone who frequents Finsbury Park Station will know there is a whole cohort of homeless people living under the bridge there. The forgotten...

2 minutes ago, JFK said:

Because as a single male you are institutionally discriminated against.  it's not just being a white male, it's being a single male, period.

I know this personally as donkey's years ago when I split from my ex missus and found myself sofa surfing in a friends place, I was basically fucking homeless, on the bones of my arse whilst my charming ex missus was in the flat (that I had put the majority of money into - the usual story. Societal divorce rape).

I went to the local housing office to see what my chances were - well you get allocated points don't you.

If you have dependent kids - bingo you get shit loads of points, if you are homeless and no shelter well you get points (I was sofa surfing so not technically totally 'homeless' ... erm work that one out), if you are 'vulnerable' - so that will be established mental health conditions (being depressed to the point of suicidal like I wasn't enough of course), belong to various vulnerable groups.  

So I was basically the lowest priority.

Now if you are female with dependent kids and are especially vulnerable (DV / language problems) , bingo to the top.

Single male, fuck off.

This is the system - despite me working and contributing to the system I was told to fuck off basically.

So cry me a river when I see Grenfall etc. I'm all out of fucks to give. In fact I'm owed fucks.

Sorry to hear your story. I think it would be the same for any single person, male or female, at any age. Kids are the meal ticket these days, which is why we have so many piss poor parents. They are not breeding because they want kids but for the bennies. 

It’s a disgrace frankly. 

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sorry to hear your story. I think it would be the same for any single person, male or female, at any age. Kids are the meal ticket these days, which is why we have so many piss poor parents. They are not breeding because they want kids but for the bennies. 

It’s a disgrace frankly. 

Yeah it was a really fucking stressful (well, the start of many stresses. The other stresses of going through family court twice came later!) time of life. Never thought my life would turn out like that - of course the ex had had it all planned months in advance (including badmouthing to everyone including authorities that I was a DV perpetrator), I think this is why so many men really get shocked when relationship breakdown occurs. They literally have not seen it coming and bang, they are out and on their arse.

I was kipping down at a friends for a month before I got back on my feet and got some housing sorted out. I was literally in a state of shock for 2 weeks. Literally a shock response.  At the age of 32 was back to living like a student in a shared house and trying to keep sanity / job / some sort of relationship with young daughter of 1.5 years age.  Man that was a stressful period and was the red-pill moment when I realised how deep the belly of the beast was.

There was no welfare safety net for me. None. At. All. 

So when I see every cunt from every corner of the world (and loads of feckless cunts here too) getting freebies I ask. Where's my free shit? ... oh wait, I'm fucking paying for it

6 minutes ago, JFK said:

Yeah it was a really fucking stressful (well, the start of many stresses. The other stresses of going through family court twice came later!) time of life. Never thought my life would turn out like that - of course the ex had had it all planned months in advance (including badmouthing to everyone including authorities that I was a DV perpetrator), I think this is why so many men really get shocked when relationship breakdown occurs. They literally have not seen it coming and bang, they are out and on their arse.

I was kipping down at a friends for a month before I got back on my feet and got some housing sorted out. I was literally in a state of shock for 2 weeks. Literally a shock response.  At the age of 32 was back to living like a student in a shared house and trying to keep sanity / job / some sort of relationship with young daughter of 1.5 years age.  Man that was a stressful period and was the red-pill moment when I realised how deep the belly of the beast was.

There was no welfare safety net for me. None. At. All. 

So when I see every cunt from every corner of the world (and loads of feckless cunts here too) getting freebies I ask. Where's my free shit? ... oh wait, I'm fucking paying for it

Dreadful time, glad that you have met the new Mrs JFK and that things are now going well for you....