• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

A new government income stream

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44526156

Former Conservative leader Lord Hague has called for a "decisive change" in the law on cannabis - suggesting that the Tories should consider legalising recreational use of the drug.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, he said "any war" has been "irreversibly lost". 

Lord Hague goes further than senior Tories who have suggested a law change after a boy with epilepsy was given a special licence to use cannabis oil.

The government is creating an expert panel to look into individual cases.

 

Now call me a cynic but if they legalise it, their mates can make money producing it and government by taxing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect it will be made prescription only. You will not be allowed to import it, it must be prescribed by a UK Doctor and obtained from a pharmacy.

This is the dam crack moment.

Small numbers will be prescribed it, and it will probably be specialist/consultant initiated when conventional drugs aren't working. So I don't expect millions of people to have access it to it from day 1.

This is easy work for a drug company, they just need to produce it and supply it. They already have the drug - they don't need to spend millions to find or develop a completely new drug from scratch. If the pharm companies have been clever, they would have been waiting for this day in hibernation, for years. They just need a test case. And they have one.

If you notice, on the high street there appears to be one retailer (apart from Lidl!) that is quietly thriving. That is Holland and Barrett. They are opening new and bigger shops here locally - Southampton and Portsmouth have new mega stores. More people are turning away from conventional medicines and going down the "populist" route of self prescribing less used remedies. E.g. Tumeric. This may be partly to being unable to see a GP, or losing faith in their GP as they are too busy to see you in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did you know you can buy Cannabis Hemp oil at Holland and Barrett?

I'll leave the answer later. It is NOT illegal.

Note, I have never smoked Cannabis, and don't have any vested interest.

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 201p said:

I suspect it will be made prescription only. You will not be allowed to import it, it must be prescribed by a UK Doctor and obtained from a pharmacy.

This is the dam crack moment.

Small numbers will be prescribed it, and it will probably be specialist/consultant initiated when conventional drugs aren't working. So I don't expect millions of people to have access it to it from day 1.

This is easy work for a drug company, they just need to produce it and supply it. They already have the drug - they don't need to spend millions to find or develop a completely new drug from scratch. If the pharm companies have been clever, they would have been waiting for this day in hibernation, for years. They just need a test case. And they have one.

If you notice, on the high street there appears to be one retailer (apart from Lidl!) that is quietly thriving. That is Holland and Barrett. They are opening new and bigger shops here locally - Southampton and Portsmouth have new mega stores. More people are turning away from conventional medicines and going down the "populist" route of self prescribing less used remedies. E.g. Tumeric. This may be partly to being unable to see a GP, or losing faith in their GP as they are too busy to see you in the first place. 

This is Paul Kenward, husband of Victoria Atkins MP who is the UK drugs minister. He grows cannabis for a living.

Kenward-cannabis.jpg?resize=1024,609&ssl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem they have though,is it's so easy to grow. How they going to control/monetise that.

And you can grow less intense strains with higher cbd less thc. Less mental issues conning from smoking too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re just doing the usual thing of copying verbatim any and every bit of modern trendy legislation the US passes.

Legalising cannabis is a no-brainier..  it should have been done donkeys years ago.  

I say that as a current non-user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lol nice work Hopeful.

He works for British Sugar which is owned by London listed Associated British Foods (which also owns Primark). Don't go rushing out to buy the shares yet. I'll check the forums to see if anyone has caught wind of it. - update NO.

The other party involved is GW Pharm listed on the NASDAQ

Yeah, someone made the link already. This is released 1 hour ago. News spreads fast.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-could-back-1st-pot-derived-medicine-061158267.html

US could back 1st pot-derived medicine, and some are worried

---

This is how you start initial research into stock investing/trading! I'm not recommending anything, but one to keep on the monitor. $4bn+ market cap cap.

image.png.41033b5f3c50ed2c5bbfdc65b00038ab.png

 

Not everyone is going to be able to legally grow medicinal grade cannabis. So this might be the "moat" for Warren Buffet types.

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

We’re just doing the usual thing of copying verbatim any and every bit of modern trendy legislation the US passes.

Legalising cannabis is a no-brainier..  it should have been done donkeys years ago.  

I say that as a current non-user.

It was only banned in the 1930s. We've discussed this topic before and the general consensus seems to be that criminalising it worsened the problems. Criminal gangs became involved in supplying it, the plants were selectively bred to contain higher concentrations of THC that evidence suggests caused psychological damage to users.

Police officers I've spoken to say they aren't overly bothered by cannabis users, they have more problems with drunks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pieces of the jigsaw have been in place for a long time it seems. They are already growing it. They already have a product packaged and ready to sell. They already have networks within government. They just needed the regulator approval, the test case was nice timing to get the thing moving along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, 201p said:

Lol nice work Hopeful.

He works for British Sugar which is owned by London listed Associated British Foods (which also owns Primark). Don't go rushing out to buy the shares yet. I'll check the forums to see if anyone has caught wind of it. - update NO.

The other party involved is GW Pharm listed on the NASDAQ

Yeah, someone made the link already. This is released 1 hour ago. News spreads fast.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-could-back-1st-pot-derived-medicine-061158267.html

US could back 1st pot-derived medicine, and some are worried

---

This is how you start initial research into stock investing/trading! I'm not recommending anything, but one to keep on the monitor. $4bn+ market cap cap.

p

 

Not everyone is going to be able to legally grow medicinal grade cannabis. So this might be the "moat" for Warren Buffet types.

 

Yep, from the Yahoo ink

Quote

"As a company, [GW Pharmaceuticals] understand there's a significant business building up," Schultz said. "All we want to do is make sure our product is accessible."

I assume any investors are already bought in, however ?, which is why it is now available to us as news.

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 201p said:

The pieces of the jigsaw have been in place for a long time it seems. They are already growing it. They already have a product packaged and ready to sell. They already have networks within government. They just needed the regulator approval, the test case was nice timing to get the thing moving along.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannabis is a gateway ?

Is it ?

Whenever there's a debate about 'Legalise It' the evidence proves users move from smoking weed to injecting heroin using dirty needles, and being found dead in a skip. 

If that was true before why not true once legalised and taxed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 201p said:

Did you know you can buy Cannabis Hemp oil at Holland and Barrett?

I'll leave the answer later. It is NOT illegal.

Note, I have never smoked Cannabis, and don't have any vested interest.

Cannabis Oil – NOT What You Think (Hemp vs Cannabis Oil)

https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-oil-vs-cannabis-oil/

 

Health benefits of Hemp Oil

https://oilhealthbenefits.com/hemp-oil/

Hemp seed oil has tremendous application for personal use, much of which has been understood only recently. These are some of the most prominent health benefits of using hemp oil.

 

1. Hemp Oil For Eczema
This study[1] found out that people taking hempseed oil internally benefitted in their symptoms of atopic dermatitis ( eczema
). Hempseed oil is very rich in PUFAs ( polyunsaturated fatty acids ) which have been noted to be extremely healthy and strongly anti-inflammatory. Within about 20 weeks, the plasma lipid profiles of patients changed considerably. Their blood now contained more of healthy fats, which was doing their skin good.  Omega – 3 and omega – 6 fatty acids in hempseed oil were responsible for such an effect.

How much hempseed oil to take daily for this effect ?

Well, one should take about 1 – 2 tablespoon of hemp oil daily. This provides significant amount of healthy PUFAs.

 

2. Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis is a dangerous and rare condition in which nervous system degenrates. The exact cause and mechanism of this condition is still not fully known. It mostly affects young adults. A recent study [2] finds that supplementation of diet with hempseed oil and evening primrose oil improves the health of MS patients. These people were kept on a special diet containing “heating” foods, like black pepper etc. This may have something to do with the bioavailability of nutrients from these oils.

 

3. Hempseed oil for Inflammation
People who suffer from chronic inflammatory diseases whould really try hempseed oil. Its so rich in omega -3 and omega – 6 fatty acids, which are strongly anti-inflammatory. These essential fatty acids are required by the body to lower systemic inflammation. With regular use, one can clearly see an improvement in inflammation and even pain in conditions like arthritis.

Taking 1 tablespoon of hempseed oil daily is good enough to start seeing its effects.

 

4.  For Acne
Using hempseed oil in diet has a beneficial effect on acne. Its omega – 3 fatty acid content aids the body in reducing inflammation of the skin. This reduces the redness of pimples and may also prevent future breakouts.  Preventing breakouts with topical solutions can be very tough, as many products, even many natural oils are comedogenic ( block pores ) and lead to breakouts.

 

5. Hemp Oil for Skin
Filtered hemp oil can be applied directly ( undiluted ) to the skin. This topical application has the following effects.

  • Moisturizer – Hemp oil acts as a good natural moisturizer which doesn’t feel and look too oily in comparison to something like olive oil.
  • Drying effect – This oil dries up after some time, making your skin look normal and natural.
  • Anti-aging – Hemp oil can have anti-aing effects on skin. It improves the composition of epidural lipids ( fats in the outermost kin layer ) and improve the overall functioning of skin.
  • Inmprove water resistance – hemp oil protects the skin frm reverse osmosis effects of water which causes skin to lose its nutrients. This explains why your skin looks dull after a shower, especially in places where the TDS in water is high.

If the oil feels too dry, mix it with olive oil for a better “oily” feel. This is helpful when doing a massage. In that case, you don’t want the oil to get absorbed so quickly.

 

6. Hemp oil for Hair
Hempseed oil can also be used in hair and scalp treatments. It can be used to reduce the oiliness of oil based shampoo. Using hemp oil on scalp doesn’t lead to hair fall. On the other hand, it improves scalp health by providing EFA ( essential fatty acids ) directly to the skin.

Omega – 3 in hemp seed oil improves the texture of hair, making them look shinier and stronger.  These fats are good for the health of hair follicle.

Hemp oil also provides the scalp with many vital amino acids.

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The problem they have though,is it's so easy to grow. How they going to control/monetise that.

Tobacco is easy to grow -- that doesn't seem to impact on HMRC revenue from tobacco.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Cannabis is a gateway ?

Is it ?

AFAICT it was only ever government pseudo science speak to scare people away from trying it.  

The only real issue was that by telling people marijuana was a terrible drug,  it made people realise the government were lying..  and if they were lying about that perhaps they were lying about heroin and crack too?..

By making it legal you create clearer differentiation between the relatively harmless drugs and the ones that really will screw you up.. reducing the “gateway” effect ( if there really is such a thing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anecdotally alcohol is far more of a gateway drug than weed. I've seen a lot of everyday folk to go on to do cocaine, mdma and god knows what else whilst under the influence of booze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Anecdotally alcohol is far more of a gateway drug than weed. I've seen a lot of everyday folk to go on to do cocaine, mdma and god knows what else whilst under the influence of booze.

That rather presupposes that alcohol is less harmful than cocaine or MDMA. The personal tragedies and the anti-social effects of alcohol dwarf any other drug by orders of magnitude, so I don't think it can be a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this be because the police are too busy conducting the 'war on hate speech' to bother with the 'war on drugs'?

Plus, the former has the advantage of being able to be done online while sitting in a comfy chair in the nick drinking tea and eating biscuits, not having to kick down a door on a council flat in winter at 5 am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Anecdotally alcohol is far more of a gateway drug than weed. I've seen a lot of everyday folk to go on to do cocaine, mdma and god knows what else whilst under the influence of booze.

So the sensible thing is to reduce / remove alcohol too?

I think most people are nicer when not taking drugs (whether alcohol, speed, cannabis or heroin or even crack).  The estate I lived on 20 years ago had all sorts of addicts there who I met and dealt with on a daily basis. After a while you think that's normal. But it's not. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 201p said:

Did you know you can buy Cannabis Hemp oil at Holland and Barrett?

I'll leave the answer later. It is NOT illegal.

Note, I have never smoked Cannabis, and don't have any vested interest.

you've never been in the vicinity of someone smoking it, but didn't inhale ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Frank Hovis
      Here are the charts for 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 forecast and I think we're seeing here what we're picking up upon generally:
      VAT - people buying things - goes up steadily: 133, 138, 143 - increasing population buying increasing amounts of tat NI - people having jobs no matter how low paid - goes up steadily - 115, 126, 130 - increasing population albeit in monkey jobs Income Tax - people earning over £12k a year - is actually projected to fall - 170, 182, 175 - increasing population but less tax = less good jobs So more people buying things, more people in work, but the wages over £12k pa are actually reducing.
       
      For the second time today I will say it: Atlas Shrugged.
       

       
       
       


       
       
    • By Mirror Mirror
      Italy mulls tax breaks to lure retirees to its Southern regions. This piqued my interest, not sure why.
      At least Five Star have realised that African migrants areen’t the problem to the depopulation problems.
      My other thought was, I wonder who else might have moved into your chosen region recently.
       
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/24/italy-mulls-massive-tax-break-lure-retirees-including-britons/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1535108411
    • By One percent
      I’m sure we have a thread on this but can’t find it. 
      As per
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5764763/UK-households-forced-pay-2-000-extra-tax-year-save-NHS.html
      read the top rated comments. People have been red pilled it seems 
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.