• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

ccc

Suspect package explosion Tube

1 minute ago, dgul said:

it was an 'explosion' and there were 'people running'.  I wonder why they think it needs the quotation marks -- they have a story, the sources indicate explosion and running.  They don't do this sort of 'quoting' for the majority of stories -- eg, there's been a 'car accident' and people have been seen 'driving away', but it is okay because it was only 'a small car'.

Anyway, the person being carried out on a stretcher certainly wasn't 'running'.

I also find it amazing the way they placate people with a it was only a 'minor explosion' -- it is my understanding that that [in the event of terrorist attack] means that the main charge failed to detonate (properly).

Yeah but if it didn’t go off properly and maim and kill lots of innocent people, they can make it disappear that bit quicker 

Stupid place to have an attack -- if it is terror then it's a premature detonation, surely.

Probably something trivial like a 'transformer' 'exploding'.

Was on the tube earlier this week, end of line stop clocked this guy that sure didn't look like a commuter/shopper. New black trainers, black polyester type slacks, jacket, stood out enough for me to clock him, wonder if extra security have been on recently or that is normality now.

4 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Was on the tube earlier this week, end of line stop clocked this guy that sure didn't look like a commuter/shopper. New black trainers, black polyester type slacks, jacket, stood out enough for me to clock him, wonder if extra security have been on recently or that is normality now.

All new clothing is suspicious; bought specially.

I would have got off and waited for the next one.

6 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Oh, you've only gone and blown his disguise.  He's going to have to pop down to Primark and get a new outfit -- that £7.72 is going to have to be paid by the taxpayer and it is all your fault -- that could have been spent on nurses or orphans.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

All new clothing is suspicious; bought specially.

I would have got off and waited for the next one.

Exactly what I thought, he looked tasty in a scrawny way too, like a ferret. :D

13 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Was he 'off white' & beardy? Sounds like one of the So-Called BBC/plods descriptions. 

I'm guessing it's all still minor, for a while there I was getting worried about being hurt by a bomb.

I guess a minor explosion is not so bad.

On the news for 10 seconds, not terrorist explosion. Move on nothing to see, explosions happen all the time and are not necessarily due to terrorist, Ok suspicious package but after a ten minute investigation TPTB have confimed ot is not terror related. MOVE ON.

I am guessing it was a rather large bag of Doritos popping and a massive wholly unjustified panic by the white middle classes irrationally trying to flee the area. #NotallDoritos

Police have stated that t it was just a battery short circuit.  

I think they need to update their 'random explanations generator'.

5 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Watching ITV news. About twenty seconds about this explosion. Then went onto one year anniversary of Finsbury Park attack. Then went onto Syrians being forced to sell organs to raise money to get to Europe. Now onto Trump splitting up migrant families that invade America. 

Honstly, fuck off ITV.

We had an official minute's silence at work today for the Finsbury Park van.

It was pretty much ignored; it is more than your job's worth to openly object but people know when it's becoming stupid.

Sky seem wistfully unconcerned. Battery short circuit. Quick work everyone. Well done.

BBC say its not terror related.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It was pretty much ignored; it is more than your job's worth to openly object but people know when it's becoming stupid.

Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed.

Any more minutes silence and you may as well join a Trappist monastery.

Now, there's a funny thing.  Explosion in tube station.  Absolutely nothing on BBC for 2+ hours.  Police update information stating that it was a 'battery short circuit' -- BBC have a news report out 3 minutes later.