DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Big Short Thread

sancho panza

3 hours ago, Green Devil said:

I expect things will gap down, settle for some time, then when everyone realises there's no dead bat bounce, sell. Get things into perspective its a bubble in the US market. Dow 30,000(or was). There's a helluva long way to fall! 

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3048618/china-inject-us174-billion-liquidity-markets-amid-new

China’s central bank will pump 1.2 trillion yuan (US$174 billion) into financial markets on Monday, as part of an effort by regulators to mitigate volatility when trading opens against the backdrop of a new coronavirus outbreak.

Investors in Shanghai and Shenzhen are bracing for a possibly brutal return to trading when markets resume for the first time since the Lunar New Year holiday.

The outbreak of a novel coronavirus, which has killed at least 304 people and infected more than 14,380 in mainland China, has 
ground economic activity to a near standstill
 in China, as authorities take aggressive measures to contain the flu-like disease, curbing public transport, shuttering entertainment venues and shortening business hours.
In the face of the “epidemic situation”, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) said on Sunday it would “inject 1.2 trillion yuan via reverse repo operations on February 3 to ensure sufficient liquidity supply.”

“The liquidity of the overall banking system will be 900 billion yuan more than the same period of last year,” the central bank added.
It is the first time that the central bank has made such an announcement and also marks the largest single-day reverse repo operation it has ever conducted.
According to Reuters calculations, 1.05 trillion yuan (US$151 billion) worth of reverse repos are set to mature on Monday, meaning that 150 billion yuan in net cash will be injected.
The injection is one of 30 measures announced by multiple authorities this weekend to steel the economy against disruption from the coronavirus outbreak.
Economists have forecast China’s economic growth may drop below 5 per cent in the first three months of the year, from 6 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2019, and many have warned the downward trend may continue into the second quarter.

China’s securities watchdog said on Sunday that the virus outbreak would only have a short-term impact on stock markets, but it would be on alert for “abnormalities”, the People’s Daily reported. The China Securities Regulatory Commission said it was considering unveiling a hedging instrument to offset any panic in the market and would suspend evening futures trading starting from Monday.
China has taken unprecedented steps to tackle the virus outbreak, issuing travel restrictions that have locked down more than a dozen cities in Hubei province, including the capital and epicentre of the outbreak Wuhan.
Cities outside the central Chinese province have also been hit severely by the outbreak, with governments around the country extending the Lunar New Year holiday to delay people from travelling and banning public gatherings.
Amid the travel restrictions, railway passenger traffic has continued to decline. The volume of train trips slumped by 78.5 per cent to 2.6 million on Saturday – the eighth day of the holiday period – from a year earlier, the country’s rail operator said.

• Informative 1

Now that I placed S&P short and Gold long CFD, of course things are moving into the opposite direction to where I want them to go.  On a bright side, the virus will probably be over in a couple of days just to teach me another harsh lesson (as if Tesla wasn't enough).

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

M S E Refugee
6 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Now that I placed S&P short and Gold long CFD, of course things are moving into the opposite direction to where I want them to go.  On a bright side, the virus will probably be over in a couple of days just to teach me another harsh lesson (as if Tesla wasn't enough).

I have got a small short in also and I have almost sold off all of my funds apart from Gold and Government Bonds.

I am really spooked by this Coronavirus outbreak coupled with the fact that we are due a correction.

We have no idea how bad things are in China so I will stay in cash until we have some kind of clarity.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Tesla, WTF?  $741!!! 

Jumping Jehovah, Batman. Now worth approximately 50% more than VAG whilst producing about 25 times fewer vehicles. Profit is for wimps.

Glad I am still too chicken to put on that short, but what the fuck is going on here?!

3 hours ago, Ponty Mython said:

Jumping Jehovah, Batman. Now worth approximately 50% more than VAG whilst producing about 25 times fewer vehicles. Profit is for wimps.

Glad I am still too chicken to put on that short, but what the fuck is going on here?!

Craziness continues.

Screenshot_20200203-145149.jpg

• Informative 1

Sideysid     657

On 08/08/2018 at 07:21,  Talking Monkey said: 

Something not quite right with Tesla, the huge number of executive departures, the accounting sleight of hand, then all of a sudden Musk is taking it private, so last month when he would have been balls deep in negotiations with an army of lawyers and bankers he skipped off to Thailand with a sub. And only 6 weeks ago was buying Tesla shares. None of it stacks. I'm sure the truth will come out eventualy

As I said on the big short thread the other week, Tesla stock is completely irrational and highly speculative, I’ve always stayed well away.

Yup there’s a reason why I’ve always stayed away from Tesla

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Any similarity to any corporations either active or defunct, is entirely coincidental.

enron-stock-chart.gif

That's a funny chart. Look how the volume hit 400mill when the price was just about zero. Lol

• Lol 1

Hit over 900 on cfd.  Similar adrenaline to a minor car crash. I know it's a bubble and it will pop but find the overall experience unpleasant. Not my biggest absolute monthly loss but the fact that it's made on such a small amount makes it extra painful. 

16 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Hit over 900 on cfd.  Similar adrenaline to a minor car crash. I know it's a bubble and it will pop but find the overall experience unpleasant. Not my biggest absolute monthly loss but the fact that it's made on such a small amount makes it extra painful. 

What will you do?

On 03/02/2020 at 17:38, Bear Hug said:

Tesla, WTF?  $741!!! 

$887.....and to think i got stopped out in Dec at $360 and again at $395 etc etc.Glad I stopped at $500....

On 03/02/2020 at 18:33, Ponty Mython said:

Think there's some serious short covering,some people gaming the Dow higher(it's price weighted and Tesla is one of the largest components), and soem serious believers.

2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

$887.....and to think i got stopped out in Dec at $360 and again at $395 etc etc.Glad I stopped at $500....

Think there's some serious short covering,some people gaming the Dow higher(it's price weighted and Tesla is one of the largest components), and soem serious believers.

Hope you were you shorting just one like I am?