DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Big Short Thread

sancho panza

1 hour ago, Loki said:

xD are you a happy bear now?

I am less worried because it looks like it has found a ceiling, but need to drop to low 400s to be happy

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

I am less worried because it looks like it has found a ceiling, but need to drop to low 400s to be happy

I'm not even short TSLA and that would make me happy.  Can't put a price on a sane market!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, kibuc said:

image.png.9aa7203a1e9737dd954a140ba96f0fc0.png

Snap back to reality

Whoop there goes gravity

IMpressive,Exponential phases fascinate me as much now as when I first saw some in 1999/00.Amazing what the market can do to even experienced investors

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/02/2020 at 16:29, Green Devil said:

I'm looking for a short around 28,800. Not saying I'll take it, I used to trade the dia, but the EU saw to it that I couldn't...

On 04/02/2020 at 21:42, Green Devil said:

Bought some Dow puts at 28400, got in at 28850 on the index. Bit of a punt! 

Crash baby. I got in a bit early while it put the BS top in, and was underwater, looking good now. 

Where's the bottom eek! 

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm surprised how quiet this whole part of the forum is this evening

The usual crew at TOS are busy.

On the dow 1100 thread, happily posting in hindsight how they sold everything into cash last week...

2 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The usual crew at TOS are busy.

On the dow 1100 thread, happily posting in hindsight how they sold everything into cash last week...

I suppose in context of the deflation thread, the stock market is more of a sideshow -  but what a sideshow

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

I jumped out of my s&p short too early. Made like £20 or so, missed out on another £40 to this point. Tiny compared to losses this 2 week anyway. 

Still holding tesla short and still out of the money on it but it's looking promising. It's just 1 share but feels very personal because of just how much it popped up

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

I jumped out of my s&p short too early. Made like £20 or so, missed out on another £40 to this point. Tiny compared to losses this 2 week anyway. 

Still holding tesla short and still out of the money on it but it's looking promising. It's just 1 share but feels very personal because of just how much it popped up

Looks like you won't have to wait long!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Still holding tesla short and still out of the money on it but it's looking promising. It's just 1 share but feels very personal because of just how much it popped 

Dow puts are 3000pts in the money. That's a record for me. 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Dow puts are 3000pts in the money. That's a record for me. 

Nice one.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

I had a 40% 2018 and a minus 50% 2019(mainly thanks to TSLA/UK builders in Dec 19) on my short term portfolio.I gave myself two eyars trialling a new system Id worked on.WHilst th system was good,my emotions wouldn't let me apply it properly.

Know your limits etc.

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1

M S E Refugee

I started shorting the FTSE,DAX and S&P500 on 7/02/20 and I will be up around 8-9% on £14000.

Not sure whether to sell up today as I think the Empire will Strike back over the weekend and try prop up the markets somehow.

Any ideas of what they may do?

5 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I started shorting the FTSE,DAX and S&P500 on 7/02/20 and I will be up around 8-9% on £14000.

Not sure whether to sell up today as I think the Empire will Strike back over the weekend and try prop up the markets somehow.

They'll come back with everything they can.

I think we'll see the effects of this today even if they don't actually do anything before the US close.

• Agree 1

M S E Refugee
28 minutes ago, dgul said:

They'll come back with everything they can.

I think we'll see the effects of this today even if they don't actually do anything before the US close.

I probably will sell up today and see what happens over the weekend.

Thanks to forum members I have preserved my investments.

Sod it,I will let it run and put some stop losses in.

Edited by M S E Refugee

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

I don't know how long it will take but it's got to be helicopter money this time.

Demand is dropping off a cliff and they cannot increase demand enough in already indebted societies by cutting historically low rates or printing to prop the markets up. They are going to have to print to give people money to go out and spend. 

Obviously insiders will know before it's announced and that might be reflected in markets first. The complication is that it's a US election year, it would seem like buying votes? 

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Time to put on my forgotten bear costume... it's been long 12 years of disgrace but now it's our turn..!

horror-teddy-bear-costume--mw-110944-1.j

Jokes aside, I will open some shorts (SP500 and FTSE100) tonight :) 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 23:59, Bear Hug said:

It's done!  Shorting 1 share of tesla.  If by some miracle beyond meat, lyft or uber run up a bit, I'll short them too.

Update.  Closed out my short position today. It was very briefly in the money but then started heading up again.  I couldn't wait anymore and crystallised about £18 loss overall.

Happy!  This was some ride - I was down about £400 at some point!  It has only taken an apocalyptic turn of events to get me out of it.  I bet without covid, tesla would have been above $1k now.

On a bright side, can use margin money to buy some discounted stocks now!

Just to add, I know I have lost thousands due to market collapse but the losses on that piece of shit Tesla were really getting to me, I feel much better now. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1