• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sancho panza

The Big Short Thread

9 hours ago, sancho panza said:

@Sugarlips @A_P

following on from the aussie thread

what retail bubble

will definitely be having a bash on woolworths if IG will take the bet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_of_Australia

image.thumb.png.59bd3eae35040087d374c01cb1576e6d.png

image.thumb.png.9600778b7e5e62de66a3b47519d367db.png

Wesfarmers recently spun out Coles to its own stock. Both Coles and Woolies focus on consumer staples ala Sainsburys. Whilst Aldi have a foothold there are not many other big food discounters so the big 2 will maintain their dominance for the foreseeable even as discrectionary spending is turned off. Both have highly profitable liquor arms who will likely do ok into a depression. Wesfarmers own Bunn8ngs which will be in a world of pain however again with the demise of Masters they have market dominance so will control margins even if demand and/or the currency crashes.

2 sides to ever coin. I dont hold any aussie shares. I think there will be better shorting opportunities personally, check out AHG for example. Shorters wouldve made a fortune banking against mortgage brokers last week (see mortgage choice for example).

11 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Wesfarmers recently spun out Coles to its own stock. Both Coles and Woolies focus on consumer staples ala Sainsburys. Whilst Aldi have a foothold there are not many other big food discounters so the big 2 will maintain their dominance for the foreseeable even as discrectionary spending is turned off. Both have highly profitable liquor arms who will likely do ok into a depression. Wesfarmers own Bunn8ngs which will be in a world of pain however again with the demise of Masters they have market dominance so will control margins even if demand and/or the currency crashes.

2 sides to ever coin. I dont hold any aussie shares. I think there will be better shorting opportunities personally, check out AHG for example. Shorters wouldve made a fortune banking against mortgage brokers last week (see mortgage choice for example).

Thanks for the heads up.Woolies look an ok punt from a chart point of view but not compelling.Wesfarmers too.

Mortgage choice look doomed.Any Aussie credit card/housebuilder/fashion rertialer/airline names you can offer up is there? I really feel Oz is rolling over big tiem.

And as ever.on the back of no IR rises.