• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Zanu Bob

Count Dankula/Paul Joseph Watson/Sargon of Akkad 'join UKIP' in order to spite anti-racist campaigners

Posted (edited)

UK has no fourth party at the moment.

Sargon has 770k followers on Youtbe,Dankula 270k, PJW 1.3 million.

Interesitng to see if they can get the liberatarians moving

https://www.rt.com/uk/430131-ukip-alt-right-new-members/

'A number of prominent alt-right figures and YouTube comedians claim to have joined British political party UKIP, ostensibly to spite anti-racist campaigners who succeeded in getting them deplatformed.

The charge was led by Scottish YouTuber Count Dankula (Mark Meechan), who last Friday tweeted he would join the right-wing Eurosceptic party if he received 10,000 retweets. “I’m not joking, this is not a meme. I’m being completely serious,” he said.

If this gets 10k retweets, I will join @UKIP .

I'm not joking, this is not a meme. I'm being completely serious.

— Count Dankula🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (@CountDankulaTV) June 15, 2018

By Saturday, the retweets broke the required ceiling, with the Count immediately starting to post videos in support of UKIP, with a video entitled “UKIP Needs You.”

Other online figures, including many from the so-called ‘alt-right,’ have apparently followed suit, including an editor at conspiracy news site InfoWars, Paul Joseph Watson, and YouTuber Carl Benjamin, more commonly known by his alias, Sargon of Akkad.'

Edited by Zanu Bob

12 minutes ago, shindigger said:

The rift between Walters and UKIP needs to be mended. She took quite a few with her.

The fucking Hamiltons also need firing in to space.

Batten may be the one to bring the 2 together, as he is far more sceptical of the ROP than Nigel.

Yeah, it's a shame they elected that complete waste of space (who's name I can't even remember), I doubt Waters would have splintered with Batten at the helm.

Agree with that @shindigger They need to heal the rift? UKIP though damaged are the brand and have had some electoral success.

People need an alternative. Labour have abandoned their core voters, predominantly Leave whilst party members band MPs are mainly Remain, it will dawn on them! Labour are courting the Muslim vote; Teresa the Appeaser is really wasting her time there. Lib Dems Remain a joke. Tories got in on the back of the Leave vote, their watered down BRINO (Brexit in Name Only) will see them hemorage votes, but to where?

UKIP and For Britain need to get their act together. British voters are painfully reluctant to vote for real change, they won't like a muddled offering making their inertia easy.

I saw mention that various 'internet celebrities' had publicly joined, but wasn't sure who. Thanks for the info! I think I'm pleased about this.

I do hope this gives them a kick up the backside to organise a bit better, and publicise what they stand for. They need to get away from the racist undertones and focus on detailing why independence from the EU is good. If they pick other cause celebres that coherently fit then so much the better.

Batten's opinions on the dangers of organised Islam seem to be very much in alignment with Waters', so at the moment relations between For Britain and the rump of UKIP that remains with Batten in charge seem to be pretty cordial. However, if you look at the rest of For Britain's manifesto it's the same old lefty big government shite as all the rest of them- saving the NHS, funding more police to focus on law and order etc. etc.

It would be nice if this new influx of 'classical liberals' could take UKIP in a more libertarian, small government direction.

UKIP need to rebrand. Their image after Brexit is good but many won't realise the need to vote for them now that we're leaving the EU. They also need to oust the chairman. 

4 hours ago, Rave said:

funding more police to focus on law and order etc. etc.

If that's leftie shite then I'm a leftie. indeed so was Thatcher. 

This idea feels as though it doesn't have any momentum behind it, which is a unfortunate because there are a lot of coherent people on the internet with broadly similar views that are not represented by the mainstream parties and could be a political force for good.

I'm not familiar with Dankula but I did listen to Akkad for three hours a while ago and thought he came across as a reflexive douchebag. 

Willing to hear a bit more but I don't think his attachment to UKIP will do them much good. That said, if the Hamilton's are still involved then the party is completely dead in the water. If it wants to be taken seriously it needs to lose the mental fringe, rebrand and fire the Hamilton's into lower orbit 

11 hours ago, Zanu Bob said:

UK has no fourth party at the moment.

Sargon has 770k followers on Youtbe,Dankula 270k, PJW 1.3 million.

Interesitng to see if they can get the liberatarians moving

https://www.rt.com/uk/430131-ukip-alt-right-new-members/

'A number of prominent alt-right figures and YouTube comedians claim to have joined British political party UKIP, ostensibly to spite anti-racist campaigners who succeeded in getting them deplatformed.

The charge was led by Scottish YouTuber Count Dankula (Mark Meechan), who last Friday tweeted he would join the right-wing Eurosceptic party if he received 10,000 retweets. “I’m not joking, this is not a meme. I’m being completely serious,” he said.

If this gets 10k retweets, I will join @UKIP .

I'm not joking, this is not a meme. I'm being completely serious.

— Count Dankula🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (@CountDankulaTV) June 15, 2018

By Saturday, the retweets broke the required ceiling, with the Count immediately starting to post videos in support of UKIP, with a video entitled “UKIP Needs You.”

Other online figures, including many from the so-called ‘alt-right,’ have apparently followed suit, including an editor at conspiracy news site InfoWars, Paul Joseph Watson, and YouTuber Carl Benjamin, more commonly known by his alias, Sargon of Akkad.'

Neither PJW, Count Dankula or Sargon are alt-right.

PJW is alt-light at best, more of an establishment gate keeper though, nowadays anyway.

Count Dankula is just a comedy edge lord type, not a leftoid though at least.

Sargon has battled, or attempted to battle the alt-right, and was a sceptic, now calls himself a Libertarianistian, or something.

None of them are alt-right though.

21 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Neither PJW, Count Dankula or Sargon are alt-right.

PJW is alt-light at best, more of an establishment gate keeper though, nowadays anyway.

Count Dankula is just a comedy edge lord type, not a leftoid though at least.

Sargon has battled, or attempted to battle the alt-right, and was a sceptic, now calls himself a Libertarianistian, or something.

None of them are alt-right though.

I don't know much about any of them and threads like this one don't have the effect of making me curious to find out.

Posted (edited)

There are some popular youtube commentators out there with views shared by big chunks of the population and they all seem to get described as alt right because they use web platforms.  I think the 'alt right' label is supposed to suggest baddies and loons in the mainstream narrative. It's all got so twisted and convoluted not much makes sense. I find the fright supremacy cartoons from Gulf City, Texas the best explanation of it all and leader of the alt right Richard Spencer:

Edited by Caravan Monster

Posted (edited)

I don't really care what alt they might come under (a lot of the one tag categories seem incomprehensible and could mean anything and seem designed to mislead and are open to all sorts of interpretations and accusations - if they come up with alt fairness and fair justice, alt commonsense and alt honest politics and economics then I might start to go along with it) provided they support UKIP which according to the name means United Kingdom Independence.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

If that's leftie shite then I'm a leftie. indeed so was Thatcher. 

Well it's more a big government idea than a lefty one, I will admit. I also support a lawful and orderly society of course, but I don't actually think we need any more police to achieve it. Decriminalise all drugs and fix the utterly broken housing market so urban youths have at least some chance of achieving a stake in society by flipping burgers for 40 hours a week and you'd be most of the way there I reckon.

Edited by Rave

33 minutes ago, Rave said:

Well it's more a big government idea than a lefty one, I will admit. I also support a lawful and orderly society of course, but I don't actually think we need any more police to achieve it. Decriminalise all drugs and fix the utterly broken housing market so urban youths have at least some chance of achieving a stake in society by flipping burgers for 40 hours a week and you'd be most of the way there I reckon.

Well that sounds more leftie to me xD Decriminalising all drugs is madness,  the police cannot cope with legal highs now. 

If it were up to me I'd recruit thousands of new officers,  get rid of PCSOs, arm them all and give them special protected status to become more like mercenaries. 

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Well that sounds more leftie to me xD Decriminalising all drugs is madness,  the police cannot cope with legal highs now

In what way do they need to deal with legal highs? 

I would have thought stoners are almost completely invisible to the police, especially relative to drunks.

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

If it were up to me I'd recruit thousands of new officers,  get rid of PCSOs, arm them all and give them special protected status to become more like mercenaries. 

dredd.jpg

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Well that sounds more leftie to me xD Decriminalising all drugs is madness,  the police cannot cope with legal highs now. 

No i would disagree totally and it works but not in the way you might think the Republic of Irleland has done just this as in decriminalised all main stream drugs coke weed pills etc 

The way legal highs become a problem is the fact it takes months if not years to push the legislation concerning a single substance   through Parliament and so forth ,by the time  they do that the producers just tweak the chemical make up, and hey presto it`s legal again rinse and repeat 

The RIO just turned that on it`s head they now have a list of decriminalised drugs and legal ones ...if the substance is not on that list it`s illegal regardless  

The ROI had a massive problem with legal highs now they don`t 

6 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/shocking-photo-being-shared-people-14783529

This kind of thing is everywhere. I don't wish to see it, and they should be locked up or even better, shot by Dredd.

If they could get better gear than 'spice' (which is now a controlled substance BTW, no longer a legal high) legally and at a reasonable price then I'm sure they'd prefer to take that. As it is they make the place look untidy but I still think they're preferable to pissed up tramps rolling around begging / starting fights with each other.

Decriminalizing drugs obviously won't solve the problem of the mentally ill or just plain feckless ending up as homeless addicts, but nor will it cause more of it IMO. The drugs are the symptom, not the cause in most cases, and even if they're not, it's a lot easier to work with people and treat them if you don't criminalize them first.

2 minutes ago, Rave said:

If they could get better gear than 'spice' (which is now a controlled substance BTW, no longer a legal high) legally and at a reasonable price then I'm sure they'd prefer to take that. As it is they make the place look untidy but I still think they're preferable to pissed up tramps rolling around begging / starting fights with each other.

Decriminalizing drugs obviously won't solve the problem of the mentally ill or just plain feckless ending up as homeless addicts, but nor will it cause more of it IMO. The drugs are the symptom, not the cause in most cases, and even if they're not, it's a lot easier to work with people and treat them if you don't criminalize them first.

As you say,  drug abuse is a symptom and the causes (deprivation, stupidity etc) will still exist regardless of legal status surely. 

3 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

As you say,  drug abuse is a symptom and the causes (deprivation, stupidity etc) will still exist regardless of legal status surely. 

Well quite, hence why it's a massive waste of time and money to criminalize drug users. As a libertarian I personally think drugs should be straight up legal, but even just decriminalizing possession for personal use would free up a hell of a lot of police time.

6 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/shocking-photo-being-shared-people-14783529

This kind of thing is everywhere. I don't wish to see it, and they should be locked up or even better, shot by Dredd.

Bloody hell, its supposed to be a "synthetic cannabis" but you could smoke an ounce a day forever and never get in that sort of state. 

I used to be for making ALL drugs legal but not now, Spice should be a class A too. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Bloody hell, its supposed to be a "synthetic cannabis" but you could smoke an ounce a day forever and never get in that sort of state. 

I used to be for making ALL drugs legal but not now, Spice should be a class A too. 

Alternatively, you could just give people better options for getting off their face.

I've never taken spice, and so I suppose it is possible that while they appear to be unconscious they are in fact having a wonderful trip which they are greatly enjoying. They probably aren't, though. If they could buy actual weed easily (like you can now in various US states, and soon Canada) then they almost certainly would.