• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
macca

new comedy Stath lets flats

It takes me back to 1982 when I was looking for student accommodation in Leicester. I slummed it in Highfields having turned down some real beauties. I recall one with the smarmiest landlord I ever met selling the smallest room I could ever conceive as being deemed habitable by anyone. He had crammed tiny fridge and oven with hob into this room  to make it a "bedsit".

Without exaggeration if I had taken it then in order to lay full stretch in the tiny bed I would have had to open the oven to put my feet in.

I thought the place I settled on was bad but when I saw some of my fellow students places I counted myself as lucky. One girl was regularly in tears at having to return to the place she was renting.

59 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

It takes me back to 1982 when I was looking for student accommodation in Leicester. I slummed it in Highfields having turned down some real beauties. I recall one with the smarmiest landlord I ever met selling the smallest room I could ever conceive as being deemed habitable by anyone. He had crammed tiny fridge and oven with hob into this room  to make it a "bedsit".

Without exaggeration if I had taken it then in order to lay full stretch in the tiny bed I would have had to open the oven to put my feet in.

I thought the place I settled on was bad but when I saw some of my fellow students places I counted myself as lucky. One girl was regularly in tears at having to return to the place she was renting.

Nice lot Landlords.

On 21/06/2018 at 12:31, man o' the year said:

I got lucky and moved in with a guy whose dad had bought a house in Wigston. Knew plenty of people in Highfields but can't remember anyone living in such confinement.