• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

If you dont feel you can speak your mind because you'll come across as racists and sexist...probably means you are

Just head some bint on talk sport say something like:

"If you dont feel you can speak your mind because you'll come across as racists and sexist...probably means you are"

Errrr....probably means you're being oppressed by a controlling manipulative state sponsored media in order for them to achieve their agenda of mass immigration and globalization.

No one should ever feel they can't speak their mind, whatever that is.  Your thoughts are make up from experiences/feelings/information gleaned from life, if you have a given view there's probably a good reason for it.

A prime example being:

DgIpqMJW4AI9S_i.jpg

Im not offended by this, nor do I think it's racists, it's just someone making a joke, 100's out there now trying to use it to force their own agenda.

What the f**k has happened to the UK.

Unless your are a (over) Lord.

Seems the So-Called BBC wont be sacking him.

Not should they, bloke made a joke.

He's a London geezer, i'd wager he's said worse than that in his time.

The reported spouting her thought control pish with totally conviction.  Her views are correct everyone else's are evil.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Thought crime.

You must select your opinions from a government-approved list.

PS.  Do you never sleep Frank ?

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Unless your are a (over) Lord.

Seems the So-Called BBC wont be sacking him.

Not should they, bloke made a joke.

He's a London geezer, i'd wager he's said worse than that in his time.

The reported spouting her thought control pish with totally conviction.  Her views are correct everyone else's are evil.

PS.  Do you never sleep Frank ?

Just had my eight hours :)

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

A prime example being:

DgIpqMJW4AI9S_i.jpg

Im not offended by this, nor do I think it's racists, it's just someone making a joke, 100's out there now trying to use it to force their own agenda.

I actually think that's pretty crass and while I don't think he should face legal censure I certainly don't think he should remain in the employ of the state broadcaster. It displays a staggering lack of judgement, quite apart from any offence caused.

5 minutes ago, eight said:

I actually think that's pretty crass and while I don't think he should face legal censure I certainly don't think he should remain in the employ of the state broadcaster. It displays a staggering lack of judgement, quite apart from any offence caused.

No offence intended, just a joke. Offence can only be taken, not given.

I wonder if you can take offence at being accused of being offensive?

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

No offence intended, just a joke. Offence can only be taken, not given.

I wonder if you can take offence at being accused of being offensive?

I was offended. By the sheer needlessness of it.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that Alan Sugar is a bit of a twat.

I didn't find his tweet particularly offensive, twattish, unfunny and monumentally ill judged - absolutely.

Makes we wonder if he'd been on the shandies when he posted it as you'd have to be either pissed or a halfwit to think that wasn't going to backfire.

Who cares. 20 years ago this would have been a joke somebody made down the pub. It’s only the fact that it’s a visual image that’s been created rather than a mental image that makes it offensive. What do tptb plan to do? Ban all images from the internet, shutting down of all editing suites? It’s ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

What do tptb plan to do? Ban all images from the internet, shutting down of all editing suites? It’s ridiculous. 

Probably

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Thought crime.

You must select your opinions from a government-approved list.

The trouble is, once you stop believing the official narrative you can end up going waaaayyyyyyy down the rabbit hole. You end up either constantly biting your tongue or becoming a social pariah who risks losing everything they hold dear in life.

But what if the <thing under discussion> does actually need to be commented on?   I'd note that sort of societal censorship is usually only found in oppressive regimes.

There is also the point that sometimes the immediate response might be 'that's racist', but that, on some thought, you can see that it is the accepted thought that is racist.  Oh, but you can't even get to the 'some thought' because of the barrage of abuse directed at you (case in point -- foreign workers in the NHS.  Sounds racist to oppose, but then consider that all the countries they're coming from have a shortage of nurses -- so our 'please come' is actually a 'fuck-you foreign countries -- they're ours now')

[Of course, sometimes it is just racism/sexism.]

1 hour ago, Battenberg said:

Who cares. 20 years ago this would have been a joke somebody made down the pub. It’s only the fact that it’s a visual image that’s been created rather than a mental image that makes it offensive. What do tptb plan to do? Ban all images from the internet, shutting down of all editing suites? It’s ridiculous. 

Precisely. It's a very conceited society that has to pretend it doesn't see things like this.

No one is actually offended by such things, or ever has been. Its always been a game of petty one up man ship. Who can lead a lynch mob, safe in the knowledge the power of the state is behind them. 

A few decades ago, the same busybodies excitedly wetting their pants over spotting a racism would have been pointing and screaming over some moral outrage, Mary Whitehouse style. 

23 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Precisely. It's a very conceited society that has to pretend it doesn't see things like this.

No one is actually offended by such things, or ever has been. Its always been a game of petty one up man ship. Who can lead a lynch mob, safe in the knowledge the power of the state is behind them. 

A few decades ago, the same busybodies excitedly wetting their pants over spotting a racism would have been pointing and screaming over some moral outrage, Mary Whitehouse style. 

And before that: "Burn the heretic!"

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"If you dont feel you can speak your mind because you'll come across as racists and sexist...probably means you are"

Errrr....probably means you're being oppressed by a controlling manipulative state sponsored media in order for them to achieve their agenda of mass immigration and globalization.

No one should ever feel they can't speak their mind, whatever that is.  Your thoughts are make up from experiences/feelings/information gleaned from life, if you have a given view there's probably a good reason for it.

A prime example being:

DgIpqMJW4AI9S_i.jpg

I did wonder if the people complaining had ever been in Italy. One of the more enjoyable bits of a night outside a bar in Florence / Milan / Rome is watching the stalls being set up and then rapidly cleared as the police wander past.

While I don't particularly like Mr Sugar it was merely a funny joke....

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

A prime example being:

DgIpqMJW4AI9S_i.jpg

I must be a million miles away from the politically correct way of thinking

I cannot even start to find out what is supposed to be offensive in this.

As for 'pretty crass'

Exactly what do you mean?

8 minutes ago, Byron said:

I must be a million miles away from the politically correct way of thinking

I cannot even start to find out what is supposed to be offensive in this.

As for 'pretty crass'

Exactly what do you mean?

I don't find it particularly offensive, but neither is it funny, so you begin to wonder about the motivation.

He is essentially saying that this football team look like people who sell fake sunglasses.

Well, ok Srallen, whatever.

And the Japanese team look like the people in my local Chinese restaurant, bwahahahaha. And the Mexican team should all be wearing Sombreros and drinking tequila with funny worms in the bottom of the bottle, snigger titter.

It's just a bit juvenile and yawn in this day and age.

All valid points about thought policing, but not really the crux of this example, imo.

1 minute ago, LC1 said:

I don't find it particularly offensive, but neither is it funny, so you begin to wonder about the motivation.

He is essentially saying that this football team look like people who sell fake sunglasses.

And the Japanese team look like the people in my local Chinese restaurant, bwahahahaha. And the Mexican team should all be wearing Sombreros and drinking tequila with funny worms in the bottom of the bottle, snigger titter.

All valid points about thought policing, but not really the crux of this example, imo.

Well, that is my high end autism showing.

I read it that Lord Sugar had either met or seen these people on a beach at Marbella and was praising them for being hard working and multi tasking.

I have known for a long time that innuendo, nuances etc. pass me right by and I always take the logical, literate meaning.

Which brings us to an impasse.

As an autistic, I feel embarrassed, offended, foolish etc. when people laugh at or even worse insult me for my literal interpretations.

Do I have the right to demand that SJWs, Sky Screamers, PC types etc. recognise that I have a 'condition' and show empathy and understanding.

Can I expect that Diversity and Awareness courses now include lessons on understanding people like me?

You know, so I can also experience inclusivity.

5 minutes ago, LC1 said:

The fans do though, don't they. 

51402705833_950x600.jpg

Likewise, Alan Sugar probably doesn't see anything negative in the stereotype of street vending as that is more or less how he started out.

His picture wasn't funny. But then he's a cunt you would expect to laugh at not with.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dgul said:

But what if the <thing under discussion> does actually need to be commented on?   I'd note that sort of societal censorship is usually only found in oppressive regimes.

There is also the point that sometimes the immediate response might be 'that's racist', but that, on some thought, you can see that it is the accepted thought that is racist.  Oh, but you can't even get to the 'some thought' because of the barrage of abuse directed at you (case in point -- foreign workers in the NHS.  Sounds racist to oppose, but then consider that all the countries they're coming from have a shortage of nurses -- so our 'please come' is actually a 'fuck-you foreign countries -- they're ours now')

[Of course, sometimes it is just racism/sexism.]

I imagine as an individual he might be as concerned and exasperated etc etc about mass immigration as others are - who knows as he evidently feels too intimidated to explain now likely as he would be digging a deeper hole.  Actually it's now getting beyond what used to be seen in the past as mass immigration. 

He's making a joke (along with a compliment on being resourceful) about something remarkable - that the people on the Spanish beach selling stuff look like the Senegal team rather than Spaniards and that's really worth remarking on compared to what it was like even just fairly recently.  He could have made a joke that he expected them to be wearing the Spanish strip but no they were in the Senegalese strip.  I don't see the harm in it - he was pointing out reality, no more and no less.

In his position how else is he going to remark on it and why shouldn't he - it is remarkable - unless you're trying to hide what things are like and trying to hide what is going on.

Edited by twocents