• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Van Lady

Independent Scientists

http://www.sheldrake.org/research/sense-of-being-stared-at

I'm drawn to independent scientists.

For a long time I've been interested in Rupert Sheldrake's ideas. 

Many times I've looked and found someone staring at me or seen someone I know. I've always questioned these instances i.e. chance, just happened to be looking or looked at that moment.

However, recently I've been coin spotting (IRRO thread at other place) and when walking about the town I'm head down scanning for coins as opposed to looking around me.

The other day I looked up and don't know why and I saw a female acquaintance waving at me from the passenger seat of a car! Hmmm, it's got me thinking about it again.

Anyone else have a favourite independent scientist?

Piers Corbyn is an interesting one. Makes me laugh that Jeremy's brother is one of the foremost climate change deniers and has made himself a very healthy living selling his weather forecasts into the bargain.

55 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Many times I've looked and found someone staring at me or seen someone I know. I've always questioned these instances i.e. chance, just happened to be looking or looked at that moment.

However, recently I've been coin spotting (IRRO thread at other place) and when walking about the town I'm head down scanning for coins as opposed to looking around me.

The other day I looked up and don't know why and I saw a female acquaintance waving at me from the passenger seat of a car! Hmmm, it's got me thinking about it again.

Its an odds thing, think of all the times youve seen someone you know on a remote place. Like when I walked across a bridge in Cardiff and recognised someone I had last seen 20 years previously at a car club in Lancashire.  Incredible odds.

55 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Very interesting, I hadn't heard of him. I lean more to this way of thinking as I get older. Everything is connected and our thoughts and actions ripple out through the fabric of reality. Have a read about quantum entanglement if you really want to melt your mind.

On 26/03/2017 at 23:22, whitevanman said:

Very interesting, I hadn't heard of him. I lean more to this way of thinking as I get older. Everything is connected and our thoughts and actions ripple out through the fabric of reality. Have a read about quantum entanglement if you really want to melt your mind.

Glad you found it interesting. Thanks for posting the video. I'm interested in Sheldrake's ideas but I also fancy him so always like to watch him and listen to him 😁

Anyway, today I was driving on the A75 in a long queue of traffic that kept speeding up a bit and slowing down because of a large load so I was paying strict attention to what was going on in front of me. During the journey I glanced to the right, why I do not know, and saw someone I know waving at me from their car. Normally I would notice a lot going on around me but because of the driving conditions I was looking ahead to stay safe. Hmmmm. His ideas keep me wondering!

I believe everything is connected and because conventional science can't explain consciousness, where memories are stored etc adequately I always like to hear alternative views.

My mind has already been melted by exploring the quantum world. Yes, mind boggling!

Edited by Economic Exile
Spelling load was loaf!

Einstein's ideas were apparently hard to think about, for the woodenheads, that knew it all then, by running universities and walking around with a pompous clipboard!

Edited by MrPin

On 26/03/2017 at 23:20, The XYY Man said:

I'm still trying to decipher the collected-works of Professor Stanley Unwin...

XYY

Why about our very own Spy, his hetboard is clapttered!

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im making more effort now i have tits and a tight moist flange.

If only that were true I might have an eruction!