• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Common Purpose...freemason type org for Marxists?

Recommended Posts

I have noted that as far as I could see (I knew people who went on it and nearly did myself but the SW arm folded) it was a fairly standard business training and networking organisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have noted that as far as I could see (I knew people who went on it and nearly did myself but the SW arm folded) it was a fairly standard business training and networking organisation.

Perhaps it is like the Church of Scientology where the inner sanctums are only revealed to those with power, influence or with shit loads of cash.

Indeed, CPExposed.com notes as much:

It is important for researchers on this site to realise that the majority of Common Purpose 'graduates' are victims, who have little if any understanding of the wider role of Common Purpose within UK society, nor of its connections to higher government and the European Union. Drawn into CP training by a flattering invitation, or selected by their company or organisation, this recruitment is normally carried out by a previously trained CP person - now recruiting for the cause. Candidates are screened and selected (or rejected) by CP Advisory Board members in their area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have noted that as far as I could see (I knew people who went on it and nearly did myself but the SW arm folded) it was a fairly standard business training and networking organisation.

No.

Its a public sector/3rd sector networking training/network org.

Whatever reason it was setup, all it seems to do is funnel money to a core of clipboard wimmin.

Itd was one of the channel Brown funnled money and let his 'type' network.

Totally useless. Just shit public sector middle management type.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Perhaps it is like the Church of Scientology where the inner sanctums are only revealed to those with power, influence or with shit loads of cash.

Indeed, CPExposed.com notes as much:

It is important for researchers on this site to realise that the majority of Common Purpose 'graduates' are victims, who have little if any understanding of the wider role of Common Purpose within UK society, nor of its connections to higher government and the European Union. Drawn into CP training by a flattering invitation, or selected by their company or organisation, this recruitment is normally carried out by a previously trained CP person - now recruiting for the cause. Candidates are screened and selected (or rejected) by CP Advisory Board members in their area.

Too tin foiled hatted.

CP is where public sector type to share 'best practice in the public sector.

So, a quick 5min phone call would suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent a rainy sunday afternoon down the rabbit hole watching videos about Common Purpose and the Fabian Society. Brian Gerrish  has his very own 'bgerrish exposed' bloggers and youtube critics, possibly an indicator he is on the right track. Some of his assertions are interesting in the sense that they do explain some weird things both in the news and real life. I'm now almost certain a family member who has always worked in the public / 3rd sector has been exposed to the type of training he is talking about in that it would explain some of the 'wtf does that come from' really odd statements. The CP website is weird and the painfully disproportionate representation of wamenz and minorities in all the photos is just funny. Who is funding this and why?

https://commonpurpose.org

Although the topic is prone to attracting loons, there's interesting material out there about the fabian society and equivalent outfits like the CFR and the endowment foundations in the US. Makes some sense of the strange direction things are headed in, especially the 'slowly, slowly' approach to embedding communism into sections of society and underlying globalist complicity that is becoming apparent in the brexit 'negotiations'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2018 at 15:54, spunko2010 said:

Perhaps it is like the Church of Scientology where the inner sanctums are only revealed to those with power, influence or with shit loads of cash.

Indeed, CPExposed.com notes as much:

It is important for researchers on this site to realise that the majority of Common Purpose 'graduates' are victims, who have little if any understanding of the wider role of Common Purpose within UK society, nor of its connections to higher government and the European Union. Drawn into CP training by a flattering invitation, or selected by their company or organisation, this recruitment is normally carried out by a previously trained CP person - now recruiting for the cause. Candidates are screened and selected (or rejected) by CP Advisory Board members in their area.

im has thick has a whale omlett i asume its like an old boys club huge wages and fat pensions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2018 at 16:05, spygirl said:

Too tin foiled hatted.

CP is where public sector type to share 'best practice in the public sector.

So, a quick 5min phone call would suffice.

they could ring me and id surgest privatising it,or run it like a normal company would.fuck the shit off etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stokiescum said:

they could ring me and id surgest privatising it,or run it like a normal company would.fuck the shit off etc

It comes from a movement where a wimmin (always wimmin) wnated to learn why the private sector was more efficient than public sector orgs.

Her conclusion was that private sector employees network.

Totally wrong.

I can only speak for the orgs Ive worked for but they boradly operate like this:

Interview hard and give jobs based on skill/merit. Nepotism runs rife in th public sector. Someone on here was saying that its hard for a  urse to get training postion in a hospital and they mainly go to people know to the hospital management i.e. kids of people who work there.

When a job goes the person goes. The only place I encouter sectaries is in the public sector.

Be very aware of how much it costs to put a bum in a seat. TYpically its about 10k/h before paying any salary. Public sector blindly thro people at jobs expeting magic to happen.

Sick pay. Prviate sector average is around 5d/y Public sector is 15d/y.

Biggest til last - private sector have recession where the bottom 30% are ditched. You can expect to be up for assessment every 8 years. One , this clears out bad hires. Two, it means people dont get comfortable and taking the piss.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Please find my post on a similar discussion 18 months ago. Nothng has changed.

 

 

 

Hi Guys,  I am a very long term lurker, and only very occasional poster on the old forum and this one.

I am a "graduate" of Common Purpose having undertaken the 12 months (one day a month) process in about 2002/3.

I work in the private sector and the firm I worked for sent somebody on the course every year. Our MD was a graduate and he fully supported CPs aims.

I was the last person from my firm to attend as my feedback to our MD was not positive - largely because free and open debate was prevented if any member of the course found the discussion or views being aired to be in any way "offensive. " This was the frst time I really experienced PC behaviour and I found it to be very disturbing that some people (exclusively women from the state sector and charities) could call foul and close down conversation if they did not agree with the way discussion was going - I suppose in retrospect that they were very early members of the snowflake generation.

If I put aside the issues with PC behaviour and the snowflake generation, the intent of the course was very reasonable - the idea was that "thought leaders" (that term is one that CP used, and I found to be somewhat ridiculous) would benefit from experiencing days away from their normal working environment into the local institutions so that they could recognise the challenges and difficulities that other working sectors face.

The course structure had a two day residential to kick off the years events, then one day per month for the rest of the year. These one day events were idividually themed. For example we spent a day with the local police force, a day in the local general hospital, a day with the local radio station, a day at a local industrial complex, a day in the courts, a day in the education sector, another day with social services, I am sure you get the idea.

The days away were very interesting to me as they gave a really good insight into what is going on in the community and how different reality can be when compared with preconceived ideas.

The private sector people had an expectation that those in the state sector had a piss-easy life, and we found that whilst some of them did, a lot most certainly do not - teachers in an inner city comprehensive school, the local cops and social services employees had a fairly tought time.

The state sector people expected us in the private sector to be paid a shit-load of money for a relatively easy life - it was very clear that they changed their views about us when they got to see the coal face where the money that paid all their salarys is made.

All in all, I suppose it did most of us a lot of good, and exposed us to sides of work and life that most of us never see.

Their was no real effort made by the course organisers to mould us all into their clique, the basis of the event was not a marxist plot and as far as I know, I am not a secret member of an elite club aiming to overturn our capitalist society.

I am sorry if the reality destroys a few peoples illusions.

Hugs & Kisses

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some digging online about Common Purpose a few years ago and all the opposition online seemed in one form or other to come back to Brian Gerrish, so I remain sceptical that it is some sort of sinister Marxist plot to take over the world - if it were I think there might be more people saying it than just him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I did some digging online about Common Purpose a few years ago and all the opposition online seemed in one form or other to come back to Brian Gerrish, so I remain sceptical that it is some sort of sinister Marxist plot to take over the world - if it were I think there might be more people saying it than just him. 

I had kind of the same instinct about it all. However, I remain convinced that there is some kind of source to the over the top left wing behaviour we see going on in universities, public sector and suchlike. The false indignation and cries of 'sexism' or 'racism'  seem so alien to the more relaxed and tolerant British culture I knew 20 years ago. The acceptance of communist politics and world view is also really strange and I find it difficult to uncover where it came from and why. Not so long ago advocating communism would be on a par with promoting nazism. The crapness of living under communism is very much within living memory as this Romanian youtuber describes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

I had kind of the same instinct about it all. However, I remain convinced that there is some kind of source to the over the top left wing behaviour we see going on in universities, public sector and suchlike. The false indignation and cries of 'sexism' or 'racism'  seem so alien to the more relaxed and tolerant British culture I knew 20 years ago. The acceptance of communist politics and world view is also really strange and I find it difficult to uncover where it came from and why. Not so long ago advocating communism would be on a par with promoting nazism. The crapness of living under communism is very much within living memory as this Romanian youtuber describes

 

I was at university over 25 years ago and all the PC/SJW nonsense we see today was almost as prevalent back then. The difference was the older generation of academics coming up to retirement - the type who wore gowns, tweed jackets and smoked pipes etc - did not buy into it and, although liberal, were of the National Service generation and had a more sensible outlook on life. I think one of the main reasons for the current PC/SJW nonsense is a. the spoilt brat generation of the 1960s is now in power and b. their ideology has been propagated by the expansion of the university system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I was at university over 25 years ago and all the PC/SJW nonsense we see today was almost as prevalent back then. The difference was the older generation of academics coming up to retirement - the type who wore gowns, tweed jackets and smoked pipes etc - did not buy into it and, although liberal, were of the National Service generation and had a more sensible outlook on life. I think one of the main reasons for the current PC/SJW nonsense is a. the spoilt brat generation of the 1960s is now in power and b. their ideology has been propagated by the expansion of the university system. 

It started in education 25 years ago. Those kids are now teachers, brainwashing aka teaching your kids. Rinse and repeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

It started in education 25 years ago. Those kids are now teachers, brainwashing aka teaching your kids. Rinse and repeat. 

Longer ago than that. Malcolm Bradbury was lampooning far-left academics in 'The History Man' in 1972. Their origins are most likely in the generation that was just too young to fight in the First World War and which converted to communism in the 1920s, but they did not have a power base until the expansion of higher education in the 1960s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Longer ago than that. Malcolm Bradbury was lampooning far-left academics in 'The History Man' in 1972. Their origins are most likely in the generation that was just too young to fight in the First World War and which converted to communism in the 1920s, but they did not have a power base until the expansion of higher education in the 1960s

70s.

Redbicks and what not did not get started until 68ish.

It took a few years to warm up.

By 77 the HE as a block of pointless, dumb store of useless people was well established.

Before ~75 the HE sector was too small to have any of its own weight - bar being so exclusive they could make unfounded claims about how good the UK HE sector was. And, to be true, bts of it are. But 75% of HE today is junk.

HE sector is now the NHS little brother for having a dumb, dog whistle political base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

70s.

Redbicks and what not did not get started until 68ish.

It took a few years to warm up.

By 77 the HE as a block of pointless, dumb store of useless people was well established.

Before ~75 the HE sector was too small to have any of its own weight - bar being so exclusive they could make unfounded claims about how good the UK HE sector was. And, to be true, bts of it are. But 75% of HE today is junk.

HE sector is now the NHS little brother for having a dumb, dog whistle political base.

Ah OK, I was thinking it was 1965 but that was when Parliament passed the act to expand higher education I think, it then took a few years to build the white-tile universities. 

Bradbury in The History Man (ibid) points out how quickly the universities changed from being small, ivy-clad, historic little colleges into being huge, faceless, radical hothouses of marxism. From what I can gather talking to people who were around in the 60s, it all happened very quickly mainly in the summer/autumn of 1967.

The gradual stamping out of the grammar school system from the 1970s onwards probably had an effect as well, and the retirement of the last generation of schoolmasters to have fought in WW2 (by about 1990) also may have contributed. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Ah OK, I was thinking it was 1965 but that was when Parliament passed the act to expand higher education I think, it then took a few years to build the white-tile universities. 

The gradual stamping out of the grammar school system from the 1970s onwards probably had an effect as well, and the retirement of the last generation of schoolmasters to have fought in WW2 (by about 1990) also may have contributed. 

There is a larger issue.

When whatisname said the 'education blob' he was not joking.

When you add up all the people who work with the UK education 4-18), FE and HE sector - its massive, millions.

When you look at what the UK gets - 50% piss poor schooled kids, joke FE sector, dubious HE.

Maybe the HE and loans will force the question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.