• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Foodbank Watch 2018

I noticed a collecting bin in my office for a food bank. I'll keep this thread updated as a kind of easy reading internet thread. The type of thread you can sit down and read as good family entertainment.

Day 1. The bin is completely empty.

There are about 40 people in my open plan office so I'm interested to see if anyone puts anything in.

23 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I noticed a collecting bin in my office for a food bank. I'll keep this thread updated as a kind of easy reading internet thread. The type of thread you can sit down and read as good family entertainment.

Day 1. The bin is completely empty.

There are about 40 people in my open plan office so I'm interested to see if anyone puts anything in.

Have you a new coworker?

Are they a self righteous jaysus cunt?

"It's day one in the Big Brother office and the Food Bank bin is still completely empty" .... said in a Geordie accent of course. (Wonder what day 2 will bring?!)

Throw your waste in it and if tackled pretend you thought it was a rubbish bin? (Poor eyesight might be offered as a ready excuse?)

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

put a can of cat food in it i dare you. 

Is this food bank in District 9? :-)

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Lipid said:

Is this food bank in District 9? :-)

can you do an africanas axcent i cant,i end up saying wogs a kaffa 

Edited by stokiescum

We had one ?three years ago where you were meant to put something in from a list or donate a pound on the one dress down day each month.  People did initially, I put the odd pound in, but eventually everyone got fed up with what was seen as a semi-compulsory levy for something (dress down day) that most companies had routinely anyway and it dwindled away.

I didn't keep track but the boxes went over a year ago and the last coin collection yielded zero from my wing of about forty people.

I think the root problem was the lack of any engagement with the staff who were meant to just keep coughing up each month whereas whoever it was that physically took the food and money to the food bank got to polish their halo monthly from the gratitude of the food bank staff.

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

We had one ?three years ago where you were meant to put something in from a list or donate a pound on the one dress down day each month.  People did initially, I put the odd pound in, but eventually everyone got fed up with what was seen as a semi-compulsory levy for something (dress down day) that most companies had routinely anyway and it dwindled away.

I didn't keep track but the boxes went over a year ago and the last coin collection yielded zero from my wing of about forty people.

I think the root problem was the lack of any engagement with the staff who were meant to just keep coughing up each month whereas whoever it was that physically took the food and money to the food bank got to polish their halo monthly from the gratitude of the food bank staff.

We had a dress down day on Friday's which we were supposed to donate money to charity for. I used to wear my suit as I objected to being "forced" to give money to charity.

I should add that I am for helping people in need, just didn't want to be forced into it.

8 hours ago, Malthus said:

Food banks for pet food is a real thing 

We have collection boxes for animal food in our local Sainsbury's put there by a local charity. I've put cans in there before. Were there one right next door to it collecting food for people it wouldn't even occur to me to put anything into it.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

We had a dress down day on Friday's which we were supposed to donate money to charity for. I used to wear my suit as I objected to being "forced" to give money to charity.

I should add that I am for helping people in need, just didn't want to be forced into it.

Seond on my list of office hates is the large brown envelope for cash and the accompanying,  'sorry you're leaving card', that some do-gooder or close friend of the soon to be departed thinks everyone else will want to participate in, or is it just all a part of 'investors in people'

I know one person on short term contratcs that left the same place of work 3 times. Pair of binoculars, travel camera, walking boots. I never donated or signed once, I'm pleased to say.

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Seond on my list of office hates is the large brown envelope for cash and the accompanying,  'sorry you're leaving card', that some do-gooder or close friend of the soon to be departed thinks everyone else will want to participate in, or is it just all a part of 'investors in people'

I know one person on short term contratcs that left the same place of work 3 times. Pair of binoculars, travel camera, walking boots. I never donated or signed once, I'm pleased to say.

That's ridiculous!

I'm fine with leaving gifts and collections for whatever, but it should be totally voluntary, and there should be no obligation or expectation, often there is though- just rude!

9 hours ago, Hopeful said:

s-l640.jpg

You utter bastard! Imagine if the foodbankee opened it in the flat with little ventilation.

37 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

UKGOV takes about 50% of the nations income in taxes.

Rather than running a food bank it would be better for these jaysus cunts to ask where all the money is going.

Posted (edited)

Just looked at this thread for the first time.  A bit dissapointed TBH.  Was expecting a live stream from a food bank with a "fascinated" BBC commentary.

Edited by No Duff

3 hours ago, No Duff said:

Just looked at this thread for the first time.  A bit dissapointed TBH.  Was expecting a live stream from a food bank with a "fascinated" BBC commentary.

Put some roadkill in it.

A squashed badger?

or a dead Michaela Strachan or Cwiss Packham?