DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The EA Scumbag thread

Green Devil

sancho panza

Frank Innes-Part of Countrywide-did me and Mrs P for £600 in fees for a lettings application...........I'll be overjoyed if they go bust.

2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Frank Innes-Part of Countrywide-did me and Mrs P for £600 in fees for a lettings application...........I'll be overjoyed if they go bust.

Same amount at Haart fuck them

Game_of_Homes

I once made an appointment by phone with Foxtons to view a property. Took the day off work and guess what - the EA fucker never turned up and claimed they had no record of booking the viewing. Cunts.

- Tried to arrange a booking to view a house on a Friday at 3pm. EA asked if I could make it 2pm as she "had one of her famous dinner parties that evening". I was purposely late, kept ringing their office saying I was stuck in traffic and would be 10  minutes, just another 10 minutes, etc when in truth I hadn't even left yet. Eventually I turned up at 3pm as originally planned.

- Frumpy letting agent,  when I asked why there is no underlay in this rental property, said that modern properties "don't need underlay". I burst out laughing thinking it was some sort of dark humour - it wasn't.

- We were running late for a viewing due to lots of traffic and tried calling EA office to warn them we may be late and try to move the appointment to 15-30 min later

- EA refused and said they had lots of appointments and it can only be cancelled.  We said we will try to make it on time

- We rushed through the traffic and made it there 5 min late

- The agent turned up about half an hour late!!!  

Lightscribe

Went to see a property back in 2013, let the EA office know that I was having trouble finding the property (as it was on a multiple new build estate).

Finally found it 5 minutes late. Estate agent woman was climbing in car and said I had missed my appointment and drove off. I phoned the EA office furious, and demanded to know why she just drove off.

Was told they had loads of viewings that day and had an asking price offer so was told not to bother. Thought I’d ‘test’ them and said I wanted to make an asking price offer too and was told I couldn’t as I hadn’t completed a viewing appointment.

Absolute tossers. I’ve been looking forward to the EA armageddon ever since.

One percent
6 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

- Tried to arrange a booking to view a house on a Friday at 3pm. EA asked if I could make it 2pm as she "had one of her famous dinner parties that evening". I was purposely late, kept ringing their office saying I was stuck in traffic and would be 10  minutes, just another 10 minutes, etc when in truth I hadn't even left yet. Eventually I turned up at 3pm as originally planned.

- Frumpy letting agent,  when I asked why there is no underlay in this rental property, said that modern properties "don't need underlay". I burst out laughing thinking it was some sort of dark humour - it wasn't.

Well played 👍

Green Devil

I have so many to share... I'll start with this one.

Booked an appointment to visit a property just on the market. Took afternoon off work. Arrived looked around the property which I liked only  for the EA to add nonchalantly 'I'm afraid this property is under offer, but if you're interested in will it you on the backup list'. 

So what the fuck was the point of wasting my time?

On 22/06/2018 at 12:54, Bear Hug said:

- We were running late for a viewing due to lots of traffic and tried calling EA office to warn them we may be late and try to move the appointment to 15-30 min later

- EA refused and said they had lots of appointments and it can only be cancelled.  We said we will try to make it on time

- We rushed through the traffic and made it there 5 min late

- The agent turned up about half an hour late!!!  

Haha that's class!

Game_of_Homes
12 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I have so many to share... I'll start with this one.

Booked an appointment to visit a property just on the market. Took afternoon off work. Arrived looked around the property which I liked only  for the EA to add nonchalantly 'I'm afraid this property is under offer, but if you're interested in will it you on the backup list'. 

So what the fuck was the point of wasting my time?

Haha that's class!

I've been so tempted to set up a fake viewing over the years because of shit EAs wasting my time.

TheCountOfNowhere
On 21/06/2018 at 22:49, Green Devil said:

They are the lowest of the low, what stories of dealing with EAs do you have to share?

I have a long list of EA lies/shenanigans

• Friend of mine has done 3 viewings in 3 weeks, i've told them not to buy but aint listening, people can't lose on pwopatee you understand. Anyway, 3 Houses that have been on the market 6 months+, 3 different agents. Each house had just been offered on, how bizarre, what jolly unfortunate luck. 1 house seemingly bought by an insurance company.  The EA even said to him, one couple's been offered 750K and rejected it but will accept £760K as they want a quick sale as they want to retire to Spain. My friend said their reply was....I'll tell you what, I'll keep my 760 and I'll retire to Spain myself.

Are you meant to believe this shit ?

• Other funnies from my past was, 1 agent said the house had just been offered on and I said, you're wasting my time love, i've just driven 2 hours to get here"  and as I walked our she started shouting at me, "Im not lying", "Im not a liar" then got more and more abusive as I left.
  • Another agent cried on the door step of a house in 2008 and begged me to buy it.
  • Same agent oddly enough got abusive to me on the phone in 2007 when I offered 10% below an asking price, he said..."you cant offer 10% below the asking price" then went on a rant on the phone which I'd put down.  When I heard the squealing stop I picked up the phone and said "are you finished", then I said, that's my final offer and hung up.
  • Another agent ( oddly ) enough had told me half way through a 2nd viewing that they'd just had an offer on it, as I went to walk out she back tracked, it wasn't a real offer it seemed, someone was just thinking of offering,
  • One agent sold a mate of mine ,who was moving back into the UK from America ,a dog of a house in a rough bit of Northampton, July 2007, even now they've now it's not "recovered" in price.  
  • Sat in an EA chain in Northampton giving them quite clear instructions of the type of house, budget area we were looking for, they kept showing us houses of different types/area/prices.
  • Last serious viewing we did in Northampton the agent told us the prices were ridiculous, they were over valuing by £100K+ and idiots were buying!!! He said he'd seen it all before and it'll collapse, told us to keep our money in our pocket, fair play to him I say, that was 3 years ago and it's got MUCH worse, shows you what he knew :)
  • Turned up at a (repo) viewing with me and a surveyor in 2007...just me and him...no one else....he said the market had collapsed...we both left without looking at the place.
  • Turned up to view a house in 2014, with a baby and a toddler, repo, worth £400K tops, asking price £600K, when some other bloke turned up ( looked like an EA to me ) to do a "block booking".  When the actual agent turned up I told her to stick it and drove off, if only everyone in London had done the same.
  • in 2011/12 I remember a report of the BoE's agents visiting local businesses ( Estate Agents ) , shortly after this the market took off ( I am guessing they told them to ramp prices and they'd be funding them ) and I noticed the local sales techniques became aggressive and London like.  I am convinced that agents are now posting "sold" signs on scrap bits of land and outside flats, pretty much anywhere there could be a sale but you cant verify it.  Even seem them on the entrance to towns and at junctions, with no houses in site.  I complained to Northants council on twitter, they took immediate and prompt action and blocked me.

Somehow, most 2nd hand house salesmen must think everyone is thick and are going to fall for their B.S, but there are some good ones.  They are well backed though by the government and bankers.  I will celebrate their demise if they go out of business en masse.

Seems to me most agents like to play on the "someone's offered" thing, so they can set the agenda/price and make you worry about missing out on it.

Cheap sales tactics.

Best ignored.

I look forward to the days when they are begging people to buy again.

Green Devil

Seems an odd market, very polarized, if its priced at 400k, cash buyers are falling over themselves to buy it. And paying 450k. If its priced at 450k, not a whimper, and it sticks for months.

Family houses still strong the other crap flats/2 bed terraces/3 beds with no gardens or garages wont sell for toffee, unless our mate a BM auctions say 'Were giving it away at this price'.

PS i wondered if anybody had been successful in getting one of these 'doer upppers' priced sensibly and one that attracts lots of offers and goes to best and final offers. My offer always seems just 1 or 2k under the selling price. Im sure these always go to the agents 'mates' (ok i mean backhander givers as they clearly dont have any mates)

One thing you have to be very aware of is that the number of house sales are bumping along the historic lows.

And have been for 10+ years.

It was only IO BTL giving the sales number a bit of boost, and thats going rapidly into reverse.

The number 1 fact of buying houses inthe UK is - in 10 year time half the people 65+ will be dead. Noone can hold a housing position for long.

Housing is a market. it needs to clear - debt divorces, death, jobs.

In he main, people 50+ are *wau* overexposed to housing. Its fine buying >1 house if you have ~500k in other assets - bar your OOO.

Anyone going balls dell, buying 3+ IO BTL will end up bust.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
On 21/06/2018 at 23:18, sancho panza said:

Your wish of being overjoyed if Countrywide go bust...is ON the cards, stock DOWN all week EVEN today friday, (I would of thought shorts closing out BUT NO!) now 37p  ....they were near on 7 quid at one time!

BURN Countrywide...BURN Countrywide...BURN Countrywide...everyone HATEs f***ing EA's!

Chewing Grass

Been out and about this evening and noticed quite a few of what I would call speculative/investment properties have all of a sudden got for sale signs up.

These are a level up from what I would call places to live round my neck of the woods and are the sort of places the local twats like, the ones who think they are somebody on finance as evidenced by their choice of vehicle.

Purely anecdotal but noticeable.

sancho panza
23 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Your wish of being overjoyed if Countrywide go bust...is ON the cards, stock DOWN all week EVEN today friday, (I would of thought shorts closing out BUT NO!) now 37p  ....they were near on 7 quid at one time!

BURN Countrywide...BURN Countrywide...BURN Countrywide...everyone HATEs f***ing EA's!

Me and Mrs P are  fortunate in that renting for us is a choice of where we deploy our capital.I feel sorry for others of their customers for whom it was anything but a choice.Countrywide were the worst we've dealth with by a country mile.

They're in deep deep trouble and have been for a while,jsut from what I've seen locally in LE2.

One of the big EA's going under will certainly change the amtospherics.

I'm awaiting a short covering rally,after which I'll be joining in.

sancho panza
23 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Been out and about this evening and noticed quite a few of what I would call speculative/investment properties have all of a sudden got for sale signs up.

These are a level up from what I would call places to live round my neck of the woods and are the sort of places the local twats like, the ones who think they are somebody on finance as evidenced by their choice of vehicle.

Purely anecdotal but noticeable.

As I've said elsewhere,loads of lifestyle horsey palces coming onto the upper mid market.Sort of places that cost a lot to run espceially if you're good lady likes a firm steed between her legs.

sancho panza
On 22/06/2018 at 17:50, Sgt Hartman said:

More than I could possibly find the time to write about. I'll also throw letting agents into that big bubbling pot of shit.

The absolute worst EA's I've ever encountered were in Australia, horrible, greasy bully-boy wankers. British EA's are just over-gelled, incompetent, smug tossers in crap suits for the most part. The Aussie ones were borderline criminal in my experience, they just didn't give a shit.

It's a business that can't die quick enough IMO.

What's the bubbling pot of shit ever done to you?

Chewing Grass
27 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

As I've said elsewhere,loads of lifestyle horsey palces coming onto the upper mid market.Sort of places that cost a lot to run espceially if you're good lady likes a firm steed between her legs.

There are a few of them near me, places where the farmhouse has been sold off with a couple of acres with the rest of the land going to the more industrial farming types.

Have noticed that a few of them have too many horses on too small a plot and as the hot weather drags on they have stripped the grass bare and it ain't growing back.

They will have to buy feed in as well to feed their oversized and unproductive livestock.

Oh, and most of them can't be arsed to maintain their hedges although I'm sure the ladies do theirs to accentuate their riding.

Archived