• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Inoperational Bumblebee

Massive drybags?

I know there are a few outdoor/ sailing types on here so thought I'd plumb the hive mind.

We're looking to get this garden furniture that has underseat storage for the cushions. The reviews suggest the storage bags aren't waterproof so I thought about getting a replacement waterproof bag. I'm a huge fan of the roll-top drybag of the kind used in canoeing, etc. so wondered if larger versions existed.

These inflatable sun loungers

ImageHandler.ashx?id=28702&targetSize=30

look ideal, if it weren't for the fact that the middle is flippin' sewn together...

Any suggestions welcome. Googling "massive drybags" is unsuccessful.

TIA!

59 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I know there are a few outdoor/ sailing types on here so thought I'd plumb the hive mind.

We're looking to get this garden furniture that has underseat storage for the cushions. The reviews suggest the storage bags aren't waterproof so I thought about getting a replacement waterproof bag. I'm a huge fan of the roll-top drybag of the kind used in canoeing, etc. so wondered if larger versions existed.

These inflatable sun loungers

ImageHandler.ashx?id=28702&targetSize=30

look ideal, if it weren't for the fact that the middle is flippin' sewn together...

Any suggestions welcome. Googling "massive drybags" is unsuccessful.

TIA!

If you really want a cover (the furniture should be fine without) ask a sail maker/boat cover person to make you a fitted cover. You'll be looking at ~£300-500 I expect but it will be fitted, have simple fixings, be wind proof, and easy to use and last many years.

Building DPC (don't even need that heavy a weight) and duct tape, bundle them up and roll/wrap them. Would be a lot cheaper. Use it a lot to store stuff in the loft.

2 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

What about big vacuum storage bags? If they can hold a partial vacuum they will keep water out.

This post makes my brain explode.

Do big vacuums take up more space than small vacuums?

Do you need a bag at all to store a vacuum?

Is a 'partial vacuum' a tautology?

If you want to keep water out of a bag, isn't it best to pressurise it, rather than fill it with a vacuum?

If you put a vacuum in a bag, how can you tell when it is filled with the vacuum?

2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

This post makes my brain explode.

Do big vacuums take up more space than small vacuums?

Do you need a bag at all to store a vacuum?

Is a 'partial vacuum' a tautology?

If you want to keep water out of a bag, isn't it best to pressurise it, rather than fill it with a vacuum?

If you put a vacuum in a bag, how can you tell when it is filled with the vacuum?

Your confused?

I was expecting a discussion on the state of @JoeDavola's scrotum during his wankathon years.

4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It would be more informative if your avatar was facing the other way.

And have some bloke in a Greek refugee camp wank over it?

I don't think so.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

Your confused?

I was expecting a discussion on the state of @JoeDavola's scrotum during his wankathon years.

Ahem - shouldn't that be You're confused...?

Oh yes, make no mistake about it - you've been well-and-truly hoisted by "you're" own Captain Picard...!

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ahem - shouldn't that be You're confused...?

Oh yes, make no mistake about it - you've been well-and-truly hoisted by "you're" own Captain Picard...!

;)

XYY

Guilty as charged (or banged to writes)