• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Inoperational Bumblebee

Massive drybags?

Recommended Posts

I know there are a few outdoor/ sailing types on here so thought I'd plumb the hive mind.

We're looking to get this garden furniture that has underseat storage for the cushions. The reviews suggest the storage bags aren't waterproof so I thought about getting a replacement waterproof bag. I'm a huge fan of the roll-top drybag of the kind used in canoeing, etc. so wondered if larger versions existed.

These inflatable sun loungers

ImageHandler.ashx?id=28702&targetSize=30

look ideal, if it weren't for the fact that the middle is flippin' sewn together...

Any suggestions welcome. Googling "massive drybags" is unsuccessful.

TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I know there are a few outdoor/ sailing types on here so thought I'd plumb the hive mind.

We're looking to get this garden furniture that has underseat storage for the cushions. The reviews suggest the storage bags aren't waterproof so I thought about getting a replacement waterproof bag. I'm a huge fan of the roll-top drybag of the kind used in canoeing, etc. so wondered if larger versions existed.

These inflatable sun loungers

ImageHandler.ashx?id=28702&targetSize=30

look ideal, if it weren't for the fact that the middle is flippin' sewn together...

Any suggestions welcome. Googling "massive drybags" is unsuccessful.

TIA!

 

If you really want a cover (the furniture should be fine without) ask a sail maker/boat cover person to make you a fitted cover. You'll be looking at ~£300-500 I expect but it will be fitted, have simple fixings, be wind proof, and easy to use and last many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

What about big vacuum storage bags? If they can hold a partial vacuum they will keep water out.

This post makes my brain explode.

Do big vacuums take up more space than small vacuums?

Do you need a bag at all to store a vacuum?

Is a 'partial vacuum' a tautology?

If you want to keep water out of a bag, isn't it best to pressurise it, rather than fill it with a vacuum?

If you put a vacuum in a bag, how can you tell when it is filled with the vacuum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

This post makes my brain explode.

Do big vacuums take up more space than small vacuums?

Do you need a bag at all to store a vacuum?

Is a 'partial vacuum' a tautology?

If you want to keep water out of a bag, isn't it best to pressurise it, rather than fill it with a vacuum?

If you put a vacuum in a bag, how can you tell when it is filled with the vacuum?

Your confused?

I was expecting a discussion on the state of @JoeDavola's scrotum during his wankathon years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

Your confused?

I was expecting a discussion on the state of @JoeDavola's scrotum during his wankathon years.

Ahem - shouldn't that be You're confused...?

Oh yes, make no mistake about it - you've been well-and-truly hoisted by "you're" own Captain Picard...!

;)

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Ahem - shouldn't that be You're confused...?

Oh yes, make no mistake about it - you've been well-and-truly hoisted by "you're" own Captain Picard...!

;)

 

XYY

Guilty as charged (or banged to writes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.