• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

gibbon

Why are millenials obsessed with Nazis/Holocaust?

Every time I randomly end up on some fucking millennials twitter account/youtube comments/facebook everything is getting compared to the Holocaust/Nazis or never ending Trump Nazi memes. I swear I must see those two words mentioned a few times a day now. When I was growing up did a bit on it on school and apart from the odd gas joke didn't hear much of it. Why is it seemingly everywhere now? Why does everything have to be compared to it?

266328990_35726193_1820027484710494_1962717260187435008_n(1).jpg.f930e471f430c840283bc1357278e935.jpg

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Every time I randomly end up on some fucking millennials twitter account/youtube comments/facebook everything is getting compared to the Holocaust/Nazis or never ending Trump Nazi memes. I swear I must see those two words mentioned a few times a day now. When I was growing up did a bit on it on school and apart from the odd gas joke didn't hear much of it. Why is it seemingly everywhere now? Why does everything have to be compared to it?

266328990_35726193_1820027484710494_1962717260187435008_n(1).jpg.f930e471f430c840283bc1357278e935.jpg

I was born in the mid 70s and never heard my grandparents generation who actually fought the Germans go on about Nazi's in general conversation.

A few i worked with in the shipyards in the early 90s absolutely despised the Japs though.

Edited by Banned by HPC

They don't do ambiguity or nuance. Everything has to be black and white.

It's the last time in history that there is a clear narrative of a good and bad side, so it's a cultural reference with no ambiguity.

My local mayor Eric Piolle gave the Sospel people traffiker Cédric Herrou the "Resistance Medal" for his services in aiding illegal migration to France.. Piolle was rebuked by the government who reminding him it was the mayor's job to uphold the law, not to break it. Piolle replied with the old Holocaust trope, that French people had hidden jews in their cellars against the law.

but there are big differences,

1. The jews were French citizens

2. There was a German occupation in France,  any directives to arrest jews etc were being made by an occupying force not the legitimate government.

Piolle is an utter cock, remembered by my colleagues at Hewlett Packard France by being so intransigent in negotiations with the management that they decided they would shut down everything they could in France rather than deal with Union wankers like himself.

Posted (edited)

fone jacker - i want a hup computer, a hup. and a doved, a doved player.

Good on HP, i got to respect total pull outers who put their money where their mouth is, even of it hurts them in the short and/or long run.

Send all illegal immigrants to Piolle to look after. Unfortunately it wont be him, but his populace/voters.

Piolle? piss hole? pie hole? i dunno it all looks the same to me.

Edited by leonardratso

1 hour ago, Banned by HPC said:

I was born in the mid 70s and never heard my grandparents generation who actually fought the Germans go on about Nazi's in general conversation.

A few i worked with in the shipyards in the early 90s absolutely despised the Japs though.

In my early working life I spent a bit of time in the television trade, this was the early 80s. Quite a few old chaps wouldn't touch anything Japanese made, they didn't say much about why and I got the impression I wouldn't have wanted the detailed version. If they were still around now they'd probably be arrested for racism by the country they fought and suffered for if they refused to buy a Sony.

30 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

fone jacker - i want a hup computer, a hup. and a doved, a doved player.

Good on HP, i got to respect total pull outers who put their money where their mouth is, even of it hurts them in the short and/or long run.

Send all illegal immigrants to Piolle to look after. Unfortunately it wont be him, but his populace/voters.

Piolle? piss hole? pie hole? i dunno it all looks the same to me.

Could you put this in a language my simple brain can understand?

Posted (edited)

It's like using the term "racist". It is used so often and in such random ways now that it has lost all it's meaning. The same with the word Nazi. People use it to describe, for example, someone who is against illegal immigration from Central America into the States or who is anti-Muslim, which is ironic considering Mein Kampf is one of the most popular books in the Islamic world and many, many Muslims are very admirable of Hitler and the Nazis, even politicians. It is a form of appropriation, eventually schools will teach that the victims of the Nazis were not Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies and Poles but Central Americans and Muslims and the Nazis were white American troops. I know it sounds mad but after the appropriation of historical words, next will be the appropriation of history itself. 

Edited by Game_of_Homes

17 minutes ago, Kilham said:

In my early working life I spent a bit of time in the television trade, this was the early 80s. Quite a few old chaps wouldn't touch anything Japanese made, they didn't say much about why and I got the impression I wouldn't have wanted the detailed version. If they were still around now they'd probably be arrested for racism by the country they fought and suffered for if they refused to buy a Sony.

Had a bloke at work who kicked off when his work mate drove a Japanese car into work, truly hated the Japs just disliked the Germans.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Had a bloke at work who kicked off when his work mate drove a Japanese car into work, truly hated the Japs just disliked the Germans.

sounds reasonable. remember grandpa? ??? on corrie when ken came home in a vw beelte? he hit the roof, spent most of his life fighting d'jormans only for his grandson or someone to support them 50 years later with a nazi mobile.

yeah i know its bore-a-nation street. Mind you my ma was german, and she thought germans were all arrogant secret nazis.

At work i find them arrogant with superiority complexes so she got that bit correct, good to see them kicked in the face every time they get too big for their jackboots.

Edited by leonardratso

3 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

sounds reasonable. remember grandpa? ??? on corrie when ken came home in a vw beelte? he hit the roof, spent most of his life fighting d'jormans only for his grandson or someone to support them 50 years later with a nazi mobile.

yeah i know its bore-a-nation street. Mind you my ma was german, and she thought germans were all arrogant secret nazis.

At work i find them arrogant with superiority complexes so she got that bit correct, good to see them kicked in the face every time.

Bit racist mate.

50 minutes ago, Burned Out said:

Isn't it the only history they teach in British schools?   That, and something about how Henry VIII?

You mean they dont do crop rotation any more ?.

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

Related: Why are SJWs so obsessed with toilets?

It's the only time the male ones will be in the same area as a woman with her knickers round her ankles?

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Related: Why are SJWs so obsessed with toilets?

are they? cant say ive noticed, there again i tend to just zone out and glass over with failed hearing when someone (like millie tant or some other cuck) starts ranting about SJW issues, immigration, islam, christianity, northern ireland, the eu, brexit, toilets, LBGT issues, jimmy saville, the So-Called BBC the list is quite long.

School history lessons seem to cover just two subjects these days, the Nazis and Martin Luther King. Pretty irrelevant really, being another country's history