• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Recommended Posts

the locals are randomly pulled over by the police into laybys by the police potencialy every 2 miles or so,there under the shade of trees will be there back up a couple of turk army guys with machine guns,tourist buses are ignored.not road blocks but lots of random stops .quite clever basicly causes no congestion and totaly random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Turkey and Indonesia used to be the "OK" Islamic countries. It's like they have a "self destruct" button that they press.

I feel sorry for the Turks that want a secular country. However what do we do? Allow ten million "secular" Turks in? I used to think it was bad that the military used to organise coups in places like Turkey. However a coup is better than Turkey turning into another failed Islamic state.

It was only 100 years ago that we (well, the Greeks as proxy for the west) did exactly that.

[well, not exactly, but close enough].

[just eds to add that it wasn't '10 million', but it was a massive proportion of the population of Greece and had massive repercussions]

Edited by dgul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Turkey and Indonesia used to be the "OK" Islamic countries. It's like they have a "self destruct" button that they press.

I feel sorry for the Turks that want a secular country. However what do we do? Allow ten million "secular" Turks in? I used to think it was bad that the military used to organise coups in places like Turkey. However a coup is better than Turkey turning into another failed Islamic state.

Erdogan talks tough...but is he mad? I don't know. Same with Putin/Russia. The alternatives there are is either the communist, or the outright fascist. Yes, there are more 'liberal' western leaning types, but, like Yeltsin, liberal/western leaning in Russia just means funded by oligarghs, corrupt, and a western shill wanting to parcel up Russia to foreign banksters.

 

Some nations, for long spells of time at least, need stability more than they need 'freedom' 

 

When i see the tanks rolling into Eastern Greece, i'll stand corrected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right place for this story, but as it's no longer an 'on-going' court case...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45534483

Bit more background here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/24/family-theresa-may-uk-soldier-turkey-isis-joe-robinson

I'm sure the topic has surfaced in other threads though.

In short, British ex-soldier goes off to fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

The group he works alongside is not regarded as a terrorist organisation by the UK.

However, he's still arrested and kept on the hook by UK police when he returns home - until charges are dropped 10 months later.

Then he goes on holiday to Turkey, and, is promptly arrested, jailed, allowed bail - but prohibited from leaving the country and has now been sentenced to 7 1/2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the countries to visit on holiday, why did he choose the most anti Kurdish country. He's either thick, ignorant or someone who goes looking for trouble. Most likely the last option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this story, but as it's no longer an 'on-going' court case...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45534483

Bit more background here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/24/family-theresa-may-uk-soldier-turkey-isis-joe-robinson

I'm sure the topic has surfaced in other threads though.

In short, British ex-soldier goes off to fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

The group he works alongside is not regarded as a terrorist organisation by the UK.

However, he's still arrested and kept on the hook by UK police when he returns home - until charges are dropped 10 months later.

Then he goes on holiday to Turkey, and, is promptly arrested, jailed, allowed bail - but prohibited from leaving the country and has now been sentenced to 7 1/2 years.

He was a fool to choose to go to Turkey having helped the Kurds....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Of all the countries to visit on holiday, why did he choose the most anti Kurdish country. He's either idiot wannebe mercenary thick, ignorant or someone who goes looking for trouble. Most likely the last option.

The world of soldier for hire attracks a lot of loons.

They are dangerous to themselves and the people around them.

Thcik as shit.

 

12 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Of all the countries to visit on holiday, why did he choose the most anti Kurdish country. He's either thick, ignorant or someone who goes looking for trouble. Most likely the last option.

Its was the cheapest at Thom Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few Turkish connections and my take is very much yes, the educated secular Turks have been worried ever since the rise of Erdogan that this where the country is headed. Essentially it is a war for the future of Turkey between the secular, educated, western Turks and the uneducated religious goat fuckers. The goat fuckers have been winning for some time, there are more of them, we only tend to interact with the secular types and so get the wrong idea of the Turkish.  The only thing that has held the GFs back is Turkeys secular western constitution, so Erdogan has spent his time in office chipping that away. And the GFs will outbreed the secular, who are also more likely to emigrate. The future is not looking good for Turkey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Melchett said:

I have a few Turkish connections and my take is very much yes, the educated secular Turks have been worried ever since the rise of Erdogan that this where the country is headed. Essentially it is a war for the future of Turkey between the secular, educated, western Turks and the uneducated religious goat fuckers. The goat fuckers have been winning for some time, there are more of them, we only tend to interact with the secular types and so get the wrong idea of the Turkish.  The only thing that has held the GFs back is Turkeys secular western constitution, so Erdogan has spent his time in office chipping that away. And the GFs will outbreed the secular, who are also more likely to emigrate. The future is not looking good for Turkey. 

So in other words, there's too many RoP-ers and things are starting to kick off because of that?

Could never happen here thakfully....um....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Jolly good, I shall add Turkey to my list of 'shitholes I'll never visit', right below Africa and India...

Been to Turkey and bits of Africa many times. There are still bits of Africa I'd visit. Turkey.... not so much. Like the whole of the North African Mediterranean belt, it has now been struck off off my "will go to" list. I doubt I'll ever go back to anywhere Muslim and Mediterranean, I can't see the situation in any of them improving in my lifetime.

And I'm not a timid traveller. I count Columbia, Côte d'Ivoire and Korea during one of the periodic "could be war tomorrow" periods on my list of places visited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Melchett said:

Been to Turkey and bits of Africa many times. There are still bits of Africa I'd visit. Turkey.... not so much. Like the whole of the North African Mediterranean belt, it has now been struck off off my "will go to" list. I doubt I'll ever go back to anywhere Muslim and Mediterranean, I can't see the situation in any of them improving in my lifetime.

And I'm not a timid traveller. I count Columbia, Côte d'Ivoire and Korea during one of the periodic "could be war tomorrow" periods on my list of places visited.

A load of Turkish barbers have set up in Belfast the last few years.

The other day I was having a coffee and a Turkish bloke came out of one of them and across to get a coffee. Scary looking motherfucker, roided up shaved head leather jacket. Looked like a cartel henchman from Breaking Bad or something. Even his body language matched it. He sat down with his coffee and started a video chat, stony faced, with a Northern Irish woman on the other end who was obviously besotted with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to watch myself with my "will go to list". I was at a work meeting on Thursday and some dumb bints  were gushing about how lucky one of them was to swing a business trip to Dubai. I had to bite my tongue before I said, with reasons, that nothing on Earth could induce me to even set foot in the transit lounge at Dubai airport, far less actually visit the fucking place. Doubly so when I realised one of the people in the room was of gulf extraction , and is a colleague of mine who I met for the first time then so don't know his views.

Edited by Melchett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I have to watch myself with my "will go to list". I was at a work meeting on Thursday and some dumb bints  were gushing about how lucky one of them was to swing a business trip to Dubai. I had to bite my tongue before I said, with reasons, that nothing on Earth could induce me to even set foot in the transit lounge at Dubai airport, far less actually visit the fucking place. Doubly so when I realised one of the people in the room was of gulf extraction , and is a colleague of mine who I met for the first time then so don't know his views.

I have no qualms. I start the sentence with “as a woman...”. Makes it more difficult to challenge and you can see the cogs whirring away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I have to watch myself with my "will go to list". I was at a work meeting on Thursday and some dumb bints  were gushing about how lucky one of them was to swing a business trip to Dubai. I had to bite my tongue before I said, with reasons, that nothing on Earth could induce me to even set foot in the transit lounge at Dubai airport, far less actually visit the fucking place. Doubly so when I realised one of the people in the room was of gulf extraction , and is a colleague of mine who I met for the first time then so don't know his views.

The only people I've known to go to Dubai for pleasure are couples intending to buy some decent jewellery at a discount or people going out for a free holiday with a friend who works there and has a villa.  So in both cases for financial advantage.

I don't know anyone who has been to Dubai for a holiday.  Even before the stories of the last few years about people being locked up for bumping into a local I couldn't see the appeal unless you book your holiday based upon never leaving the hotel grounds except to go shopping in an air conditioned mall.

I think people (not everyone) are maybe overreacting about Turkey, or particularly western Turkey, as a holiday destination. Whilst I wouldn't go again as I won't support islamic regimes if you want a cheap holiday somewhere warm then it's okay, I know people who have been going to cheap resorts there for years and haven't noticed any changes.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know a few people who've been on holiday to Turkey in the last few months - western seaside resorts - and they've said it's fine. Still not somewhere I'd go on holiday to  - I don't like the direction it's going in so I'd  rather not choose to spend my money on the place, but I'll likely end up going to Istanbul before the end of the year with work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Melchett said:

I have to watch myself with my "will go to list". I was at a work meeting on Thursday and some dumb bints  were gushing about how lucky one of them was to swing a business trip to Dubai. I had to bite my tongue before I said, with reasons, that nothing on Earth could induce me to even set foot in the transit lounge at Dubai airport, far less actually visit the fucking place. Doubly so when I realised one of the people in the room was of gulf extraction , and is a colleague of mine who I met for the first time then so don't know his views.

One of Dubai's main industries is as a brothel for the Middle East. I've been to the York Hotel in Dubai and there is a nightclub with a couple of hundred working girls. Drop that into the conversation when someone mentions Dubai... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Turkey once. Didn't want to go but was in a funny situation with a couple of girls.  Always been on my never-set-foot list since that Midnight Express film. We got a really good cheap flight deal which meant changing planes in Germany, so when we arrived in Turkey it was 100 Germans and us going through their immigration. You have to pay cash for a visa to enter Turkey and the Germans were all handing over their 15 euros and getting passport stamped by grumpy woman. When our turn we gave her 10 GB pounds which is legit according to their rules but this woman had a total freakout meltdown. Meant she had to get off her arse and get the sterling visas out of the safe. Really worried she was going to call the cops on us and felt like getting right back on the plane back to UK.

Had a not very nice week most of which was wasted with really evil food poisoning. The place did look very smart hotels and so on considering how cheap. Don't bother with their worthless cash I took what I thought would be enough and brought it all back unspent because shops and so on would only accept pounds or euros.  Just don't go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't know anyone who has been to Dubai for a holiday.  Even before the stories of the last few years about people being locked up for bumping into a local I couldn't see the appeal unless you book your holiday based upon never leaving the hotel grounds except to go shopping in an air conditioned mall.

I'd say it predates all that.

Here's one from 2009

OK it's by disgraced ex-plagiaristjournalist Johann Hari. Which, given his reputation, may mean that he didn't actually meet any of the people he claimed to have interviewed and just jotted down snippets of rumours overheard in the hotel bar. But that's the point. By then Dubai had already acquired its unique 'reputation' as a soulless, materialistic gilded cage for at least a decade.

I'd be interested in the thoughts of the DOSBOD massive though. Would an Orwell-prize winning serial fantasist SJW* write such a damning piece on any aspect of Islamic culture nowadays?

*Yes, I know; winning the Orwell Prize and having a reputation for just making stuff up is a bit of a tautology in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.