• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Can you see the pattern?

"Alex Neill, of Which?, said the UK's enforcement regime was "under huge strain, just as Brexit threatens to add to the responsibilities of struggling local authorities"".

BBC are a bunch of sick propagandists.  Every chance they get.  Just makes me walk in the opposite direction.  Is that really the best an Oxbridge education could do for them.  

4 minutes ago, No Duff said:

"Alex Neill, of Which?, said the UK's enforcement regime was "under huge strain, just as Brexit threatens to add to the responsibilities of struggling local authorities"".

BBC are a bunch of sick propagandists.  Every chance they get.  Just makes me walk in the opposite direction.  Is that really the best an Oxbridge education could do for them.  

Clearly you don't understand....  There are vast numbers of European inspectors coming across the channel on a daily basis to carry out checks on all these food outlets.  Once we are out of the EU, there will be no one to monitor and police it.

I have got this right haven't I?  How else would Brexit impact?  

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Clearly you don't understand....  There are vast numbers of European inspectors coming across the channel on a daily basis to carry out checks on all these food outlets.  Once we are out of the EU, there will be no one to monitor and police it.

Perhaps most of the staff will be so horrified by Brexit that they will have to be permanently off with stress, kneeling in their bedrooms howling at the sky?

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah, see I didn't go to Oxbridge!  Best I just plug that cable back into the back of my head.  So sorry.

Posted (edited)

"Alex Neill, of Which?, said the UK's enforcement regime was "under huge strain, just as Brexit threatens to add to the responsibilities of struggling local authorities"".

Just re-read it - the So-Called BBC has quoted someone at Which, who apparently also happens to reckon Brexit is a threat, not a representative from a local authority, proper research report, or whatever.  Or is the quote based on that - don't know.

And it's unclear if the alledged Brexit threat is local authority wide or limited to food safety.  Quite a big difference in the amount of required investigationary journalism, assuming such work could yield such a definitive statement.

But then it's just a "threat", you know, like the billions of other ones out there.  Meaningless without quantification, or should I say objectivity (versus the subjectivity favoured by the post modernists who seem to populate the So-Called BBC thinking).

Sorry, but authorative statements still need to be backed up by evidence in the real modern world most of us are aware we live in.  Maybe just a case of excessive editing to the point of almost meaningless confusion.

Edited by No Duff

12 minutes ago, No Duff said:

"Alex Neill, of Which?, said the UK's enforcement regime was "under huge strain, just as Brexit threatens to add to the responsibilities of struggling local authorities"".

Just re-read it - the So-Called BBC has quoted someone at Which, who apparently also happens to reckon Brexit is a threat, not a representative from a local authority, proper research report, or whatever.  Or is the quote based on that - don't know.

And it's unclear if the alledged Brexit threat is local authority wide or limited to food safety.  Quite a big difference in the amount of required investigationary journalism, assuming such work could yield such a definitive statement.

But then it's just a "threat", you know, like the billions of other ones out there.  Meaningless without quantification, or should I say objectivity (versus the subjectivity favoured by the post modernists who seem to populate the So-Called BBC thinking).

Sorry, but authorative statements still need to be backed up by evidence in the real modern world most of us are aware we live in.  Maybe just a case of excessive editing to the point of almost meaningless confusion.

Basically, journalists interviewing journalists.