DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The end of the gig economy?

Game_of_Homes

On 25/06/2018 at 21:55, macca said:

if you work 16 hours a week can you claim housing benefit and working tax credits?

Housing benefit is £27 billion.. This will go up as generation rent retire!

Working tax credits £30 billion

Police budget £12 billion.. We cant afford police because of this nonsense

tax-credits-spending-in-real-terms.fw_.p

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Brown but the Tories are continuing with his legacy. We have basically had 21 years of nuLabour.

Brown but the Tories are continuing with his legacy. We have basically had 21 years of nuLabour.

The Tories are slowly undoing Brown's idiot schemes.

Again, put the blame where the blame is - Labour. esp. Brown.

Game_of_Homes
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The Tories are slowly undoing Brown's idiot schemes.

Again, put the blame where the blame is - Labour. esp. Brown.

How so? They have done fuck all about the abuse of tax credits / LHA, just fiddled around the edges while talking tough. The benefit cap is basically toothless (purposely so) and they are allowing more and more low paid working into the country so if anything I see the benefits bill going up. The wonderful Tories have punished the middle classes though, by stopping child benefit for anyone earning over £50/£60k and will tax them to death (literally) to pay for all the NHS freeloaders.

10 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

How so? They have done fuck all about the abuse of tax credits / LHA, just fiddled around the edges while talking tough. The benefit cap is basically toothless (purposely so) and they are allowing more and more low paid working into the country so if anything I see the benefits bill going up. The wonderful Tories have punished the middle classes though, by stopping child benefit for anyone earning over £50/£60k and will tax them to death (literally) to pay for all the NHS freeloaders.

2010. Coalition takes power. Start dismantling TCs. Way to slow. IMHO.

Changes ready after a year or so - remember it took Brown ~5 years to put the idiocy together, followed by another 2 years to blow them up - goes to Parliment - gets voted by Labour and the stupid LibDem Peer.

So, procvess has to be reworked - inflation cap, cut housing bit.

Time was wated. They should have worked within the existing system:

- Ban non UK nationals from claiming.

- Bump up the hours to 30h/w

- Remove all the supple,nts for 'disabled' ADHD kids'

Game_of_Homes
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

2010. Coalition takes power. Start dismantling TCs. Way to slow. IMHO.

Changes ready after a year or so - remember it took Brown ~5 years to put the idiocy together, followed by another 2 years to blow them up - goes to Parliment - gets voted by Labour and the stupid LibDem Peer.

So, procvess has to be reworked - inflation cap, cut housing bit.

Time was wated. They should have worked within the existing system:

- Ban non UK nationals from claiming.

- Bump up the hours to 30h/w

- Remove all the supple,nts for 'disabled' ADHD kids'

But they're not doing any of that though, so how are they any better than Brown? Sajid Javid has just said that anyone living here before Brexit can basically bring everyone they know to the UK along with their dog which means loads of minimum wage workers topped up with benefits paid by the dwindling middle class full time workers. Don't understand why the Tories are doing this. Like they have a deathwish. They know people voted for Brexit because they mainly wanted reduced immigration but they are doing the exact opposite. I have no problem with skilled workers but do we really need thousands of Big Issue sellers and other non-jobs whose income is basically made up of from satellite benefits?

22 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

But they're not doing any of that though, so how are they any better than Brown? Sajid Javid has just said that anyone living here before Brexit can basically bring everyone they know to the UK along with their dog which means loads of minimum wage workers topped up with benefits paid by the dwindling middle class full time workers. Don't understand why the Tories are doing this. Like they have a deathwish. They know people voted for Brexit because they mainly wanted reduced immigration but they are doing the exact opposite. I have no problem with skilled workers but do we really need thousands of Big Issue sellers and other non-jobs whose income is basically made up of from satellite benefits?

They are better than Brown as they are trying to roll it back.

The chart shows the amount send peaking in 2010, then slowly falling.

Brown had a similar effect on the UK and its economy as WW2. Seriously.

1 hour ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Or 40 years of Thatcherism, she did if you remember claim that Nulabour was her greatest creation.

One percent
6 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Or 40 years of Thatcherism, she did if you remember claim that Nulabour was her greatest creation.

o.O I agree but many here will call you out as a heretic for that statement 

Game_of_Homes
8 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

I remember London under Thatcher and Major and it was a pretty nice place to live. Travel was cheap, housing was cheap, schooling was ok. Not perfect but under nuLabour/nuTories they just seem to have fully embraced globalism and fuck the peasants.

38 minutes ago, One percent said:

o.O I agree but many here will call you out as a heretic for that statement 

Oh i really think she was a genius who was a free marketeer, flogging the nations assets off on the cheap shows that.

I'm thinking of selling a load of £20 notes i have for £7 to show i am also a free marketeer.

Chewing Grass
7 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Not perfect but under nuLabour/nuTories they just seem to have fully embraced globalism and fuck the peasants.

Now they want you to bend over and take some more. or the NHS gets it.

Its Catch 22 and they know it.

Now where is your wallet.

I remember London under Thatcher and Major and it was a pretty nice place to live. Travel was cheap, housing was cheap, schooling was ok. Not perfect but under nuLabour/nuTories they just seem to have fully embraced globalism and fuck the peasants.

It was cheap because her debt/housing bubble burst and she couldnt do too much about it. There is a chart that shows how the debt bubble exploded on her watch she is the creator of this mess

Game_of_Homes
1 hour ago, Banned by HPC said:

It was cheap because her debt/housing bubble burst and she couldnt do too much about it. There is a chart that shows how the debt bubble exploded on her watch she is the creator of this mess

Hopefully this bubble will burst too and bring the nuTories down with it.

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Thats one hell of a way to prop up the high street and SUV sales.

Or get elected PM for life ....

2 hours ago, Banned by HPC said:

How in fuck sake do you manage that?

Thatchers was out in 90.

The COn bubble was 197ish to 1990. They let is burst.

HOPE only went to 5x incoem in London.

By 95 you could buy decent places in Lodon for less than 3.5 earnings.

This mess was caused by that idiot cunt Brown blowing maassive credit and spending bubble with his mates in the Scots banks.

Bropwn drove a truck thru the fin regulation, so noone could stop him.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Thatchers was out in 90.

This mess was caused by that idiot cunt Brown blowing maassive credit and spending bubble with his mates in the Scots banks.

When Brown was chancellor (for nearly a decade)  there are just two numbers / percentages to remember for his 'achievements' ; 300 and 30. The 300% was the house price  % increase and 30% was wage increases.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Thatchers was out in 90.

Her deregulation of the financial sector.No matter who won in 1997 we'd have seen the biggest housing bubble in history up until that point.

I hate them all and think they are 2 cheeks of the same arse but she is neck deep in the current mess.

Yes there was a small window of opportunity to buy after on epic housing bubble she solely created, but the Tory govt of which she laid the foundations then decided to create buy to let in 1996.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/11176988/1996-the-birth-of-buy-to-let-Britain-in-numbers.html

She created an epic housing bubble and what did she do to prevent it happening in the future??? Deregulate land/planning like a genuine free marketeer would do?? Nope she done fuck all apart from flogging off council houses on the cheap and stopping councils building more.

17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Whereas 1979->1997 saw wages rise more than housing.

Wage rises had been low since early 90s, much if this due to exporting jobs to Asia and from the late 80s by importing anyone who could sign a benefits form.

Beyond me how anyone can try and defend Thatchers govt. seems the only way to do so is by claiming they were less shit than Blair/Brown and NuLabour which is hardly an accomplishment if it indeed could ever be proven.

44 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Her deregulation of the financial sector.No matter who won in 1997 we'd have seen the biggest housing bubble in history up until that point.

I hate them all and think they are 2 cheeks of the same arse but she is neck deep in the current mess.

Yes there was a small window of opportunity to buy after on epic housing bubble she solely created, but the Tory govt of which she laid the foundations then decided to create buy to let in 1996.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/11176988/1996-the-birth-of-buy-to-let-Britain-in-numbers.html

She created an epic housing bubble and what did she do to prevent it happening in the future??? Deregulate land/planning like a genuine free marketeer would do?? Nope she done fuck all apart from flogging off council houses on the cheap and stopping councils building more.

Big bang was 87.

Brown removed the regulation with his tripart reg i,e noone in charge.

There were no bank runs for 100s of years before Brown.

Then 80% by lending went bust or nationalised.

37 minutes ago, Banned by HPC said:

Wage rises had been low since early 90s, much if this due to exporting jobs to Asia and from the late 80s by importing anyone who could sign a benefits form.

Beyond me how anyone can try and defend Thatchers govt. seems the only way to do so is by claiming they were less shit than Blair/Brown and NuLabour which is hardly an accomplishment if it indeed could ever be proven.

No.

Wages were rising 5% real terms. Uk did not see stagnant wages til Browns tax credits kicked in, in 2002. Then the EEers arrived 2004+

Asian i.e China exports did not have any affect til v late 90s, early 00s.

Migration to uk did not happen til early 00s. Up til tax credits, uk benefits were very low and non citizens had limited access.

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

The one eyed Scottish fucker singlehandedly fucked the UK over to buy votes from idiots.

In short, yes.

Archived