• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

They really need to vet those who wish to be in charge of animals

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5887581/Dramatic-moment-police-forced-smash-car-free-two-sweltering-dogs.html

Dramatic pictures show the moment two police officers broke into a 'blazing hot' car to free two sweltering dogs.

The Labrador-type pets had been left locked in a vehicle at a car park at York Hospital in the city centre for 30 minutes yesterday.

The two officers at the scene said they could feel the heat coming from the car during their rescue operation as temperatures in Britain peaked at 86.2F (30.1C).

They even said they 'struggled to breathe' when they were inside the car for just 30 seconds after they broke in.

 

Why the fuck do they think it a good idea to take their dogs to the hospital, especially in this weather?  My poor hound is finding it hard enough to be in the house, never mind a car.  Idiots.  Total fuckwits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, One percent said:

Why the fuck do they think it a good idea to take their dogs to the hospital, especially in this weather?  My poor hound is finding it hard enough to be in the house, never mind a car.  Idiots.  Total fuckwits.  


There's a woman near here who has an Alsatian she can't handle. So someone comes and take him to doggy day care. Every evening she has to keep 2 doors shut between him and the cats she has. 
She should have the dog to be taken away from her permanently but won't as it was her dead partner's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sarahbell said:


There's a woman near here who has an Alsatian she can't handle. So someone comes and take him to doggy day care. Every evening she has to keep 2 doors shut between him and the cats she has. 
She should have the dog to be taken away from her permanently but won't as it was her dead partner's.

Funny enough, there is a woman in my local park who has a white Alsatian that she cannot control. Strangely enough, her 13 (as was) daughter has completely gone off the rails and refuses to attend school.  Depression apparently.  Now, who/what is the common denominator here?  

My mate also has a white Alsatian that is lovely but keeps getting mistaken for this other woman's dog and getting its owner into trouble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

My mate also has a white Alsatian that is lovely but keeps getting mistaken for this other woman's dog and getting its owner into trouble 

Tell him to get a really bright colour in an unusual color.

For the dog not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sarahbell said:


There's a woman near here who has an Alsatian she can't handle. So someone comes and take him to doggy day care. Every evening she has to keep 2 doors shut between him and the cats she has. 
She should have the dog to be taken away from her permanently but won't as it was her dead partner's.

That is a dangerous situation. Dogs of whatever size need dominant masters or mistresses, without them, they are a potential threat to other people. Obviously the more physically powerful the dog, the greater the threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That is a dangerous situation. Dogs of whatever size need dominant masters or mistresses, without them, they are a potential threat to other people. Obviously the more physically powerful the dog, the greater the threat.

I think so too. No idea who to call. Ghostbusters sounds as good as anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That is a dangerous situation. Dogs of whatever size need dominant masters or mistresses, without them, they are a potential threat to other people. Obviously the more physically powerful the dog, the greater the threat.

It is and she hasn't been in the park for a while as people are fed up.  It jumped up and ripped a woman's coat with its teeth.  Good job it was winter.  The sad thing is that it is not the dog's fault but the owner.  It will be the dog that is put down when it does some real damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dramatic pictures show the moment two police officers broke into a 'blazing hot' car to free two sweltering dogs.

The Labrador-type pets had been left locked in a vehicle at a car park at York Hospital in the city centre for 30 minutes yesterday. 

The two officers at the scene said they could feel the heat coming from the car during their rescue operation as temperatures in Britain peaked at 86.2F (30.1C). 

They even said they 'struggled to breathe' when they were inside the car for just 30 seconds after they broke in.

So thirty minutes, is that it? And the police 'struggled to breathe'? Fucking drama queens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Panther said:

So thirty minutes, is that it? And the police 'struggled to breathe'? Fucking drama queens.

They did labour the point a bit but that doesn’t detract from it being a very piss poor, irresponsible thing to do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a similar vein...

A guy I know was out on a warm day a few summers ago with his Mrs and his dog in the back. They were driving around looking for a cashpoint and eventually found one though had to park about 50m away. 

They both needed some cash so wound the window down on both sides by about a third and jumped out to use the cashpoint that was round a corner, leaving the dog until they got back.

They for their cash out and returned to the car to find a very irate bloke waiting for them. Said bloke went absolutely bugfuck at my mate and his other half and tore them a new one for leaving a dog in a car on a hot day. My mate argued his case saying they had literally been about two minutes while they used the cashpoint. Irate bloke was having none of it and by now, a small crowd had formed, all on the side of irate bloke who was telling the assembled what utter bastards these people in the car were for leaving their dog in an oven on such a day.

My mate and Mrs eventually had to jump into the car and floor it as the mood turned very ugly and he thought they stood a good chance of getting a solid kicking. His car didn't fare so well as a good samaritan put the boot into one of his panels as they drove off, denting it.

He was genuinely upset as a nicer guy you couldn't meet and he absolutely loves his dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

In a similar vein...

A guy I know was out on a warm day a few summers ago with his Mrs and his dog in the back. They were driving around looking for a cashpoint and eventually found one though had to park about 50m away. 

They both needed some cash so wound the window down on both sides by about a third and jumped out to use the cashpoint that was round a corner, leaving the dog until they got back.

They for their cash out and returned to the car to find a very irate bloke waiting for them. Said bloke went absolutely bugfuck at my mate and his other half and tore them a new one for leaving a dog in a car on a hot day. My mate argued his case saying they had literally been about two minutes while they used the cashpoint. Irate bloke was having none of it and by now, a small crowd had formed, all on the side of irate bloke who was telling the assembled what utter bastards these people in the car were for leaving their dog in an oven on such a day.

My mate and Mrs eventually had to jump into the car and floor it as the mood turned very ugly and he thought they stood a good chance of getting a solid kicking. His car didn't fare so well as a good samaritan put the boot into one of his panels as they drove off, denting it.

He was genuinely upset as a nicer guy you couldn't meet and he absolutely loves his dogs.

It can give licence to thickos to kick off.  We were harangued  for leaving our dog in the car for 20 minutes once (and told off over the supermarket tannoy).  We were on holiday so couldn’t leave it in the cottage while getting some food it.  It was an overcast day, less than 20 degrees. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

It can give licence to thickos to kick off.  We were harangued  for leaving our dog in the car for 20 minutes once (and told off over the supermarket tannoy).  We were on holiday so couldn’t leave it in the cottage while getting some food it.  It was an overcast day, less than 20 degrees. 9_9

That's what my mate said.

They were gone literally about two minutes and he thought they were going to get lynched.

Mentalists abound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously not a sensible thing to do..  in this case I would actually cut a little bit of slack for two reasons:

1 ) They probably only expected to be there for 20 minutes having arrived promptly for their appointment and then kept waiting 2 hours by the shite for purpose NHS. 

2 ) People visiting hospitals may have genuine distractions on their minds..  like a dying relative.

The police were still right to break the window..  but no need for all the raised tempers etc.  Sorry love,  had to break your window to let the dogs out.  If she kicked off I’d just show her the helmet cam footage of the dogs.  People are so used to AC they forget how quick a car heats up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone getting on the tram in Edinburgh on a hot day (It does happen here) awaits a similar fate. 

Got on it yesterday from the airport. Easily over 40c.

This tram cost about £850million to go one route that wasn't required - however pleasant it looks.

The project managers decided to retro fit them to REMOVE the air con units already on them as they came - as we didn't need them. Yep - you read that correctly. 

Its a big metal and glass can full of people - sitting all daylight in full view of the sun. 

Any day outside temp is over about 20c it's unbearable. 

Yesterday was 26c in Edinburgh and when I finally got off the thing into 26c it felt like I was walking into a fridge. 

UK incompetence really can be something else. O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:


There's a woman near here who has an Alsatian she can't handle. So someone comes and take him to doggy day care. Every evening she has to keep 2 doors shut between him and the cats she has. 
She should have the dog to be taken away from her permanently but won't as it was her dead partner's.

How did her partner die....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Funny enough, there is a woman in my local park who has a white Alsatian that she cannot control. Strangely enough, her 13 (as was) daughter has completely gone off the rails and refuses to attend school.  Depression apparently.  Now, who/what is the common denominator here?  

My mate also has a white Alsatian that is lovely but keeps getting mistaken for this other woman's dog and getting its owner into trouble 

Benefits?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Have you watched Bridget Jones?  

Errr. Im a bloke. Id never consider watching Bridget Jones. Or Sex in the city.

Im not some beta cuck.

Edited by spygirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spygirl said:

Benefits?

Errr. Im a bloke. Id never consider watching Bridget Jones. Or Sex in ggd city.

Im not some beta cuck.

Ah, well, she has worries about ending up an old spinster and being eaten by Alsatians. 

Me, I don’t know what her problem was, much preferable to the alternative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washed my short haired dog today with the hose.  Normally it's a warm bath.  First time he loved the hose.  Purring away.  Then started to run around for the first time in this heat spell.  They easily get hot, car or not.  Trouble with leaving them in the car for just a few minutes is things can happen and it turns out longer than planned.  Take mine almost everywhere, else stays at home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

It can give licence to thickos to kick off.  We were harangued  for leaving our dog in the car for 20 minutes once (and told off over the supermarket tannoy).  We were on holiday so couldn’t leave it in the cottage while getting some food it.  It was an overcast day, less than 20 degrees. 9_9

I take my dog to work with me everyday when the kids are in school so he's not on his own and he's really well behaved in work. 

Sometimes I have to pop into the shop for bread etc on my way home. I'm very conscious of this and I'm waiting for someone to go off at me for leaving him despite the fact he's been with me all day. Incidentally, since the weather has got so warm I've asked Mr B to pick up the provisions simply because I wouldn't want to leave the dog even for a minute in this heat. I will go to petsathome though as I can take him in with me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That is a dangerous situation. Dogs of whatever size need dominant masters or mistresses, without them, they are a potential threat to other people. Obviously the more physically powerful the dog, the greater the threat.

You're absolutely correct. You have to show a healthy dominance over your dog. I would love another dog but interestingly when I was discussing this with the other half he was just naming dogs he likes the look of. I told him reasons I wouldn't have certain breeds despite loving the look of them, such as a wired fox terrier. He hadn't even considered breed traits. That made me realise that lots of people choose a dog without any thought into it's needs in terms of the typical personality of the breed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I take my dog to work with me everyday when the kids are in school so he's not on his own and he's really well behaved in work. 

Sometimes I have to pop into the shop for bread etc on my way home. I'm very conscious of this and I'm waiting for someone to go off at me for leaving him despite the fact he's been with me all day. Incidentally, since the weather has got so warm I've asked Mr B to pick up the provisions simply because I wouldn't want to leave the dog even for a minute in this heat. I will go to petsathome though as I can take him in with me. :)

Lucky you.  I wish I could take mine to work. When we got her, the kids were in school and she was rarely left for more than a couple of hours. She is fine with that. Once when she was a puppy, we left her to go out one night. When we came home, she had needed a wee and had gone at the back of the downstairs loo. Clearly, she had seen that that was where we went and so followed suit. xD  clever dog. 

Now she is older, I think she quite likes the peace and quiet of an empty house for a few hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been to hospital today with the old man. Dog stayed home Hes had his booster jabs today.

The dog, not the old man.

Though he could fucking do with one too.:Old::Old:

The light will wake me at 5 itomorrow morning so ill take him out then, and then go back to bed.

 

Edit to add.

If i saw a dog in clear distress in a hot car i'd smash the window myself.

I certainly wouldn't be waiting for any nail varnish to dry.

Edited by shindigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Been to hospital today with the old man. Dog stayed home Hes had his booster jabs today.

The dog, not the old man.

Though he could fucking do with one too.:Old::Old:

The light will wake me at 5 itomorrow morning so ill take him out then, and then go back to bed.

In my local park, they have opened a tea hut. All the dog walkers now congregate for a builders tea - 80p. Nice. Picture from yesterday. Dog likes it. 

0E2B5B06-BEFA-47D6-85E5-77A4F6563F8B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By One percent
      They are planning to completely break the link between income and taxation. The latest plan is to base it on age. 
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44621047
      A new tax for the over-40s in England should be introduced to help pay for elderly care for all, MPs say.
      Retired people should also be made to pay it if they have lucrative pensions or investments, two influential House of Commons' committees said.
      The contribution - dubbed a social care premium by MPs - could then be used to ensure everyone who needs support in their old age gets it.
      It comes as ministers are considering how to reform social care.
       
    • By One percent
      I posted something similar in one of the thread but it looks like it is tourist silly season and it may be worth while collecting the idiocy in one place 
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5686915/Fraser-Island-tourists-flip-Range-Rover-lose-car-sand.html
      Holiday-makers who wanted to enjoy sun and surf were in for a shock when their four-wheel drive rolled and was swallowed by the sea.
      Four tourists on Fraser Island were uninjured after their Range Rover rolled on Tuesday.
      However their car couldn't be towed out of the water until Thursday.


       

    • By One percent
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5421449/Turban-ripped-head-Indian-Sikh-outside-Parliament.html
      Sikh man waiting near the Houses of Parliament had his turban ripped from his head in a sickening racist attack.
      Ravneet Singh was waiting outside Portcullis House to meet Labour MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi when he was targeted by a racist screaming: 'Muslim go back.'
      The 37-year-old, a prominent Sikh environmentalist from Punjab, India - who is a Sikh and not a Muslim - said his attacker then attempted to pull his turban from his head


      No hope is there. 
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.