• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Western taxpayers funding China's rise

Hoping someone can tell me this is US only or fake news? According to this video not only do we let China destroy our own manufacturing base with currency manipulation, we subsidise their postage costs while letting our own businesses pay full whack. No wonder there's no UK sellers left on Amazon and ebay.

I can believe it (Regarding subsidised postage)..  

I bought some car tyre valve caps for about 20p delivered all the way from China.   

How is that possible?

3 hours ago, gibbon said:

According to this video not only do we let China destroy our own manufacturing base with currency manipulation, we subsidise their postage costs while letting our own businesses pay full whack. No wonder there's no UK sellers left on Amazon and ebay.

And China is not even in the fucking E.U. yet it has no trading problems, says it all really.....

4 hours ago, gibbon said:

Hoping someone can tell me this is US only or fake news? According to this video not only do we let China destroy our own manufacturing base with currency manipulation, we subsidise their postage costs while letting our own businesses pay full whack. No wonder there's no UK sellers left on Amazon and ebay.

Fuck postage, its VAT dodging.

3 hours ago, Libspero said:

I can believe it (Regarding subsidised postage)..  

I bought some car tyre valve caps for about 20p delivered all the way from China.   

How is that possible?

They are scamming ghe uk.

They are scamming the chinese bosses.

We also subsidize their phds stealing IP and education from every university

We also subsidized them taking over Africa since it was racist for white people to run it

11 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

And China is not even in the fucking E.U. yet it has no trading problems, says it all really.....

I got "told off" elsewhere for voicing the opinion that I found it strange that small hobby items etc. sent from the USA are often subject to delay, duties etc. Yet stuff from China is just allowed to pour in unencumbered. I can't remember exactly what the objection was, but I'm sure Brexit was mentioned.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, gibbon said:

I posted on this years back on TOS. If you unpick all the layers the cheap ebay/aliexpress stuff from China that the MPs select committee pretend to huff and puff about the vat dodging etc. for show is all subsidised by UK and US govt if you unpick all the layers.

But really the rabbit hole on this stuff always ends up implying very little happens by accident or cock-up - ie the official MSM narrative here is useless politicos and HMRC can't run a piss up in a brewery when really it has been all coordinated an approved by someone, or some small group, somewhere that essentially transcends national governments and certainly the government, political and electoral process as the public perceives it   has been manipulated by the MSM into how they think it works.

On the topic of Ebay and Amazon you could google Babz Media - which you think would be an interesting tale the fearless investigative journalists in the MSM would be all over but try finding a single mention of it anywhere in the MSM - suppliers I know lost £100ks in the aftermath and Royal Mail allegedly tens of millions.

I have always suspected that the Channel Islands loophole was deliberately conceived and exploited, from on high, to assist online shopping in gaining traction.

Edited by SNACR

When it comes to the questions regarding 'how the hell did we get here' in 20 years time, our relationship with China  will be top of the list.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

I posted on this years back on TOS. If you unpick all the layers the cheap ebay/aliexpress stuff from China that the MPs select committee pretend to huff and puff about the vat dodging etc. for show is all subsidised by UK and US govt if you unpick all the layers.

But really the rabbit hole on this stuff always ends up implying very little happens by accident or cock-up - ie the official MSM narrative here is useless politicos and HMRC can't run a piss up in a brewery when really it has been all coordinated an approved by someone, or some small group, somewhere that essentially transcends national governments and certainly the government, political and electoral process as the public perceives it   has been manipulated by the MSM into how they think it works.

On the topic of Ebay and Amazon you could google Babz Media - which you think would be an interesting tale the fearless investigative journalists in the MSM would be all over but try finding a single mention of it anywhere in the MSM - suppliers I know lost £100ks in the aftermath and Royal Mail allegedly tens of millions.

I have always suspected that the Channel Islands loophole was deliberately conceived and exploited, from on high, to assist online shopping in gaining traction.

No they can. See earlier comment about importing stuff from US.

Gidiot did a special deal i.e. got the wool pulled over his eyes.

HMRC were forced off Chinese VAT scams.

They need to be set loose on them.

Have a look at this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/publishing-details-of-deliberate-tax-defaulters-pddd/current-list-of-deliberate-tax-defaulters

Builders. Sub-continentals. Chinese.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Well it is fairly obvious. When Royal Mail are delivering stuff that cost less to purchase and ship half way around the World for less than they would charge just to ship the same item within the UK....

Bought summat for my parents for £0.95 from China on Ebay, free shipping.

Stupidly, I forgot to change the delivery address. Doh.

It cost me over £1 to post it to my parents within the UK

Still cheaper (just) than buying the same items in the UK, however.