DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UK house price growth hits five year low as London prices fall

TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere
15 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Only 1.9%. Which boroughs are the winners and losers?

You mean, wich ones are down 20% and which ones down  0.1% :)

House prices now falling again in real terms across tg country.

Kow IRs and magicked up money wont help when sentiment turns, if it's not already

7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You mean, wich ones are down 20% and which ones down  0.1% :)

House prices now falling again in real terms across tg country.

Kow IRs and magicked up money wont help when sentiment turns, if it's not already

Yeah exactly. The paper would rather print the nice smaller average figure. But I bet there are some heavy drops in some boroughs

TheCountOfNowhere
8 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Yeah exactly. The paper would rather print the nice smaller average figure. But I bet there are some heavy drops in some boroughs

We are right back at 2007 now

Prices are now extreme by any measure

But this time IRs are 0.5% and mortgage rates are at all time low.

I expect purple bricks share price to collapse some time soon ( IMHO, this is not advice )

Then we've have a good indicator that no one in in the city thinks house prices are going anywhere but down.

A cpouple of good months and we'll see NW going -ve yoy over the UK.  I looks to me on RM searchs and property lion that the north is toast  now too.

6 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I expect purple bricks share price to collapse some time soon ( IMHO, this is not advice )

Online estate agent Purplebricks ‘misleads for 11th time in three years’

An online estate agent has been reprimanded by the advertising watchdog after misleading customers for the 11th time in three years.

Purplebricks, which has no branches but offers online listings with regional agents, was told that it misled customers on three issues surrounding an advertisement on its website. The Advertising Standards Authority ruled that Purplebricks could not show the advert again in its present form.

Since 2015 the watchdog has published five rulings against Purplebricks and six informally resolved cases.

It's behind the Times paywall so I haven't posted the link.

NEW RECORD FOR HOUSE PRICES

The price of the average UK home rose 2 per cent in the year to June to a new record of £215,444, according to the Nationwide house price index. But house price inflation continues to slow - falling to 2% from 2.4% in May

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-5890967/Nationwide-house-prices-rise-slowest-pace-five-years.html

Green Devil
55 minutes ago, satch said:

NEW RECORD FOR HOUSE PRICES

The price of the average UK home rose 2 per cent in the year to June to a new record of £215,444, according to the Nationwide house price index. But house price inflation continues to slow - falling to 2% from 2.4% in May

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-5890967/Nationwide-house-prices-rise-slowest-pace-five-years.html

At the end of the day, this is the crucial point. Continued free money and debt can only mean price rises heading one way.

sancho panza
3 hours ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Only 1.9%. Which boroughs are the winners and losers?

LSL Acadata were saying 22/33 Boroughs falling YoY.

This is based on LCP Acadata I think,so much more accurate than Halifax or NWide.

sancho panza

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/bb443628-ae9a-3e83-bf77-3dfaaa2bb8b7/brexit-pain-hits-london.html

' House prices in the U.K. capital declined for a 10th month in June, according to property website Rightmove Plc. While values continue to rise in most of the country, demand for homes in London has been particularly hit by the decision to leave the European Union.'

'

Archived