• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

What movie are are you watching

6 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Given its sooo hot we are watching

FROZEN!

Love that film.

Just watched 'Sing'. It's not bad.

It's been some time since I've been able to watch a film above a 12 rating though I made an exception for The Goonies. :)

Posted (edited)

If I was to watch a movie, and given that the world cup is on, I'd watch again

Trailer quality doesn't do it justice - great movie

Edited by Hopeful

39 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Love that film.

Just watched 'Sing'. It's not bad.

It's been some time since I've been able to watch a film above a 12 rating though I made an exception for The Goonies. :)

:PissedOff:

I fucking hate it.

Death of Stalin on Amazon Prime, rather amusing film and I like the fact that the actors based their accents on the characters personalities. Jason Issacs with a Yorkshire accent playing General Zhukov is hilarious 

28 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Death of Stalin on Amazon Prime, rather amusing film and I like the fact that the actors based their accents on the characters personalities. Jason Issacs with a Yorkshire accent playing General Zhukov is hilarious 

HTJI.

On 27/06/2018 at 22:26, Alonso Quijano said:

I got Play It Again Sam off Amazon recently (second hand)... will give this a spin soon.

Very funny Woody Allen film.

I recommend Love and Death by him.

On 27/06/2018 at 21:52, Dipsy said:

Brill.

I watched The Patriot last night. Mel Gibson reprising Costner’s Prince of Thieves in revolutionary America. I found it quite funny how they pay so much attention to historical accuracy in some respects, and none whatsoever in others. I don’t think people have any appreciation of how truly different life was without refrigeration, telecoms and antibiotics.

Imagine trying to  rest up and heal open wounds in a swamp...

Saw something with just Robert Redford adrift on a yacht with no dialogue. Quite good really or certainly not nearly as awful as it sounds.

Watched a Scandinavian film called Easy Money. Has good reviews, and it's ok, but personally felt a bit meh by the end. 

I love 1970s thrillers. I found this one this week and it's noteworthy not because it is the best but because I had never heard of it. Decent watch and  plot with twist, great actors in Simon Ward and Hayley Mills. Rather amusing that hell's  angels they meet at the service station aren't that threatening looking, one looks like a girl (maybe Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac).

21 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Excalibur

because most sex scenes in other movies are ridiculously lacking in that nobody is wearing full plate armour.

I noticed that they used Merlin’s charm of making from Excalibur as the spell to control the magic orb in Ready Player One. Nice touch.

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I noticed that they used Merlin’s charm of making from Excalibur as the spell to control the magic orb in Ready Player One. Nice touch.

Ooh, good for them!

10 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I watched The Patriot last night. Mel Gibson reprising Costner’s Prince of Thieves in revolutionary America. I found it quite funny how they pay so much attention to historical accuracy in some respects, and none whatsoever in others. I don’t think people have any appreciation of how truly different life was without refrigeration, telecoms and antibiotics.

Imagine trying to  rest up and heal open wounds in a swamp...

Yep, thought that with The Revenant, man survives with gaping open wounds from bear attack, manages not to drown in freezing river or diving over a cliff but apart from that completely realistic.