• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

TheBlueCat

Should I or Shouldn’t I

A friend has asked if I’d like to help out with an event. The help involves riding my bike around in a reasonable size group accompanied by some bike cops getting people safely between house in a nice area of Toronto for this event:

https://www.kaeja.org/pvd2018

The cycling bit sounds like fun and there’s an afterparty but the event is, well, take a look!

5 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

A friend has asked if I’d like to help out with an event. The help involves riding my bike around in a reasonable size group accompanied by some bike cops getting people safely between house in a nice area of Toronto for this event:

The cycling bit sounds like fun and there’s an afterparty but the event is, well, take a look!

My participation would be based upon my assessmnet of the chances of meeting a fit sane bird up for some momentary fun.

Just now, Hopeful said:

My participation would be based upon my assessmnet of the chances of meeting a fit sane bird up for some momentary fun.

There will be fit burds a-plenty, the sanity part is less guaranteed!

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Ahh, insanity could be a deal breaker, wouldn't want to meet a bunny boiler

Will it end up like that Trump protest? (That photo someone posted today where there were wimmim screaming out of their liberated hoohas.)

7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Would it pass the Stifler test?

American-pie1.gif

I don’t know, maybe I should go just to find out. I’m leaning towards the view that it could be a laugh and, although a lot of people involved will likely be somewhat bonkers, I expect they’ll also be unfailingly nice. 

2 minutes ago, whocares said:

Will it end up like that Trump protest? (That photo someone posted today where there were wimmim screaming out of their liberated hoohas.)

Probably not, but if I wore a MAGA cap, I’d probably get lynched!

17 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I think you should find a 90s revival night and just go clubbing ;)

Yes, but then everyone would be as old as me! I’m going to this though:

http://www.boom973.com/events/146412/

I spent ages talking to Andy Bell in The Angel pub (the one in Islington) once in the early 90s. He was completely spaced but very entertaining and a great piano player too (they had an old honky tonk in there that he seemed to like).

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Yes, but then everyone would be as old as me! I’m going to this though:

http://www.boom973.com/events/146412/

I spent ages talking to Andy Bell in The Angel pub (the one in Islington) once in the early 90s. He was completely spaced but very entertaining and a great piano player too (they had an old honky tonk in there that he seemed to like).

Sounds excellent. Jealous! Enjoy.

5 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Might I suggest that your rather lame attempts at trolling might get a more satisfying response on mumsnet?

No, they are far too sophisticated on there, even when i pretended to be a woman the level of bitchiness was flabbergasting, im not going back.

I would go. There probably will be a point where everyone gets naked, rubs baby oil over each other and some kind of dance to eskimo music.

If not, just suggest it at a pause in the proceedings.

It any women's vaginas begin shouting at you I would pedal away.

8 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Loads of fit young women dressed up in slightly-more-clingy-than-original Jane Austen dresses? Do you need to ask if you should go?

However I also think you should give it the full beans with the MAGA stuff. Have good intelligent arguments ready and stand your ground.

8 hours ago, leonardratso said:

do it.

do it now.

image.thumb.png.cef7bc1937627772daea50cde165d94f.png

Today's pointless and irrelevant snippet of trivia:

The advert for that filmed at a bus stop was filmed in Harlow, Essex about half a mile from where I grew up. I couldn't quite believe it when I saw it.

"That is all".

9 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Today's pointless and irrelevant snippet of trivia:

The advert for that filmed at a bus stop was filmed in Harlow, Essex about half a mile from where I grew up. I couldn't quite believe it when I saw it.

"That is all".

its a terribly weird (set of) advert(s), i wonder how much arnie got for it, like he needs some UK Govt(ie taxpayer) money.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Well obviously you have to go now - just to report back on what it was like.

Edited by NewryH

10 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Definitely go.  Sounds like fun to me.