• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Rare Bear

New router, TP-Link AC1600 ?

Best to give a link...  or a picture.

Best home router I ever had by a country mile was a Billion. Worst that I’ve stuck with a succession of Belkins (I’m a slow learner). Not sure of the model, but at least one TP link hasn’t even lasted the day before I returned it.

Edited by Melchett

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

Best home router I ever had by a country mile was a Billion. Worst that I’ve stuck with a succession of Belkins (I’m a slow learner). Not sure of the model, but at least one TP link hasn’t even lasted the day before I returned it.

Billion are great, and well configured. I currently have ASUS with a home VPN for when I'm overseas.

Billion are good for setting up VPNs as well.

3 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Linky

Funny enough, someone else suggested the Billion but it doesnt seem to be readily available.

TP-link are okay for routers.  Well, like all consumer routers they are pretty crap, but like all consumer routers they don't really ever get properly loaded so no-one really notices or cares.

For wired at home/office I use Microtik.  Cheap and excellent performance.  Their wireless is crap, though (IME).

For wireless I use Ubiquiti/Unifi.  Although I suppose you can do better for cheaper these days.

I've not used Billion -- seem decent enough.