• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

Is it me ? or am i biased

I`m  increasingly finding the "alternative news" is far better written and concise , than that the MSM  churn out who have multi million pound budgets 

Take the article below it may be a bit tinfoil hat perhaps? but it seems to me it`s  head and shoulders  above the MSM standards of journalism

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/02/04/1947-rockefeller-patent-shows-origins-of-zika-virus-and-what-about-those-genetically-modified-mosquitoes/

Posted (edited)

theres 2 of these same threads now.

This one of course is much better, the other one looks like rubbish and the OP member looks a bit up him/herself.

Spoiler

Edited by leonardratso

10 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

theres 2 of these same threads now.

This one of course is much better, the other one looks like rubbish and the OP member looks a bit up him/herself.

Reveal hidden contents

At first i thought what the feck are you on about then i had a wander and now i understand :D

I though the other one just disappear into the ether when i deleted the tweet that was already in the dialogue box but obviously not 

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

At first i thought what the feck are you on about then i had a wander and now i understand :D

I though the other one just disappear into the ether when i deleted the tweet that was already in the dialogue box but obviously not 

nay sir this is the internet, nothing ever just disappears anymore, unless its related to footballers affairs and/or goverment and its slightly embarrassing or shows them to be hippocritical wankers.

I generally don't bother with the MSM any more except to get the headlines. I don't have a telly and don't listen to the radio much now either, because I get annoyed by the So-Called BBC's bias.

For any in-depth analysis of a subject I'll look at various online sources, including DOSBODS. 

MSM have long since been relevant. It is too close to government, too tied to money. It either regurgites press releases from various lobbies or pushes particular agendas.

It's all pretty much controlled. Internet alt-media and commentators are where it is at. At least they give food for thought and generate debate.

3 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

MSM have long since been relevant. It is too close to government, too tied to money. It either regurgites press releases from various lobbies or pushes particular agendas.

It's all pretty much controlled. Internet alt-media and commentators are where it is at. At least they give food for thought and generate debate.

I have discovered the same crap on sattelite channels too.

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

the old analogue channels are still good, mainly static and snow storms.

I mourn the passing of "Test Card F"

I tend to read the guardian comments section whilst doing a poo and just up arrow the trolls and any non Marxist-bastard that that takes the piss out of the guardian.

doing my bit whilst having a shit :)

6 minutes ago, Oskar said:

I tend to read the guardian comments section whilst doing a poo and just up arrow the trolls and any non Marxist-bastard that that takes the piss out of the guardian.

doing my bit whilst having a shit :)

TMI 

Someone else on this website mentioned that mainstream media never criticised Saint Obama. However it continually attacks Trump.

For me that's more or less textbook bias....

A little known fact is that MEPs from each country represent a different number of the electorate. In the UK each MEP represents circa 800,000 people. A MEP from Malta represents about 50,000 people. How's that democratic? How's it fair that a rich country gets relatively less influence than a poor country in the EU. A fair and impartial media would have discussed these things and likely convinced a lot of people to vote Brexit... However it's well known that Brexit voters are knuckle dragging racists that are too thick to understand the arguments for Bremain.

It's become increasingly clear that the media present one side of the argument only.

1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

I understand that completely ,but the fact i struggle with is they can`t even write bullshit properly ,they generally contradict themselves form one paragraph to the next, surely with the budgets they have, they could match the standard of the small alternative news sites ,do they think everyone are that dull? or god forbid are most people really that dull     ...it makes no fecking sense to me  

35 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Someone else on this website mentioned that mainstream media never criticised Saint Obama. However it continually attacks Trump.

A little known fact is that MEPs from each country represent a different number of the electorate. In the UK each MEP represents circa 800,000 people. A MEP from Malta represents about 50,000 people. How's that democratic? How's it fair that a rich country gets relatively less influence than a poor country in the EU. A fair and impartial media would have discussed these things and likely convinced a lot of people to vote Brexit... However it's well known that Brexit voters are knuckle dragging racists that are too thick to understand the arguments for Bremain.

It's become increasingly clear that the media present one side of the argument only.

I think youll find that MEPS represent exactly 1 person, themselves.

That last point though, i think that the MSM stopped giving a shit what your average dullard thinks about them, but obviously with the internet their power has waned considerably, heres hoping it sinks to zero and below.

17 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

That last point though, i think that the MSM stopped giving a shit what your average dullard thinks about them, but obviously with the internet their power has waned considerably, heres hoping it sinks to zero and below.

That's what gets me. The media have a budget in billions, however some teen in their bedroom can present more thoughtful opinions on a YouTube channel from their bedroom.

It's like reading the Guardian. The articles are the work of fuckwits, however the comments below are a lot more thoughtful.

32 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I understand that completely ,but the fact i struggle with is they can`t even write bullshit properly ,they generally contradict themselves form one paragraph to the next, surely with the budgets they have, they could match the standard of the small alternative news sites ,do they think everyone are that dull? or god forbid are most people really that dull     ...it makes no fecking sense to me  

This.

The MSM is not just biased it is excruciatingly boring and predictable to boot. They seem to think that repeating the same tedious tropes over and over again is all that is required from journalists. Worse they can't even maintain a coherent narrative so end up running contradictory storylines (for example loving the protectionist EU customs union while at the same time slagging off Trump for imposing border tariffs). Add in the vast amount of non news stories based around themes such as 'a report reveals' or 'survey shows' and it is not surprising people are turning off in droves. You would be better informed about the world from reading the back of a crisp packet.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

i find telling labour voters you voted labour for pure spite has they will fk the country up and telling remainers i didnt vote has we wont be allowed to leave and that democracy is a sham,has the same effect they both go nuts even thought both are geting what they want.strange realy.

20 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

That's what gets me. The media have a budget in billions, however some teen in their bedroom can present more thoughtful opinions on a YouTube channel from their bedroom.

It's like reading the Guardian. The articles are the work of fuckwits, however the comments below are a lot more thoughtful.

To be fair i think it`s the comments that draws the crowd these days ,like you say they are far more informative than the actual article ....is this zero hour zero pay out sourced sub-contracting :D

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

To be fair i think it`s the comments that draws the crowd these days ,like you say they are far more informative than the actual article ....is this zero hour zero pay out sourced sub-contracting :D

I don't even bother reading guardian articles that don't allow comments.... I honestly don't know if guardian columnists really believe what they write or its just click bait. Either way, I look forward to the day the Guardian goes bust.

Posted (edited)

i dont think you need rage against the machine, or do anything, they are all obeying the adage 'give them enough rope...'.

All great empires business and social come to end eventually, that includes the MSM, i cant really remember a point in my life where the MSM and the govt (of any persuasion) has been so distrusted and disrespected, and what do they do about it? they double down on their policies as if they can force a reversion to the status quo rather than distancing themselves into oblivion.

I can see what your getting at though, is it just my age and what ive seen doing this in my mind, have i finally become my father in that respect (as is always on the cards), but to tell you the truth, looking round and listening to younger and older people and different demographics (made possible by the internet more than not), i dont think its my personal bias and probably isnt yours either, i think it may be real. There is however the possibilty that me thinking its real is again just my bias playing me against myself and letting me see what it wants me to see.

Such a paradox.

image.thumb.png.561961795f83be80cefe7c04be7262a7.png

Edited by leonardratso

Back to the original post, that is a remarkably well written article, if a little sensationalist. It demonstrates research (from sources credible and not so), and some level of logical thinking which is conspicuously absent from the MSM these days.

The problem being that I believe we now need to evaluate every single article, and can no longer rely on certain sites to be an authority. I'm unsure whether this is solely a product of a change in the media, the environment I work in (science), a polarisation of the web (details below) or a general dumbing down of Western society.

Originally the web was mostly populated by nerds, who you could generally trust to a) not deliberately lie about things, and b) share what they believed to be true for the benefit of others.
Nowadays, the fact that on the internet nobody knows you're a dog, the web is full of 'authority' sites that are complete shite. There are pointers e.g. the site in the original post had an ad for some numerology bollocks underneath it. That's not to take away the referenced sources they used, but it did descend into fantasy a little IMO.

The UK MSM has previously been a reasonably respected source, but they now seem to have fallen prey to the clickbait bullshit style of web journalism that currently seems so prolific. I've just finished the first series of The Newsroom, and I do indulge myself in the idea that there could potentially be one source of actual accurate unbiased information out there. I've not found it though.

I have toyed with a couple of ideas myself.
The first being a website that actually attempts to provide unbiased reporting, though this would be a mammoth undertaking for one person, which I do not have the time for.
The second is to create an organisation that is funded through donations, to fund independent single-issue candidates to stand in elections to achieve their aim. Obviously this would affected by my personal biases, but I do feel it is possible to game the FPTP system on a case-by-case basis. Whether it would be feasible to create a coherent party from this is unclear, especially as many issues are emotionally charged and divisions tend to lie along party lines. I'll create a new thread on this as I feel it worthwhile.

i like to keep my friends close and my enermies closer still,im a natural cynic why target diesal and why the roll out of energy meters is it realy for better air and to lower fuel bills ? like fk is it

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i like to keep my friends close and my enermies closer still,im a natural cynic why target diesal and why the roll out of energy meters is it realy for better air and to lower fuel bills ? like fk is it

Well said. It's well known the lizard people hate diesel fumes and use smart meters to recharge their pet robots.